Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STL Today: Rams shopping Holt and Pace for 3rd round pick

Sawyer5500

A veteran NFL scout told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the Rams were shopping Orlando Pace and Torry Holt for a third-round pick at last month's Senior Bowl.

St. Louis reportedly could've gotten a first-rounder for Holt at last October's trade deadline from an NFL team "believed to be" the Titans. The Rams balked at the offer, as interim coach Jim Haslett was trying to win games and keep the full-time head job.

Seems to me (if im reading this correctly) the Rams want to trade Holt and Pace for a single 3rd round pick. They are basically handcuffed by the salary cap and need these two gone to rebuild. How would you guys like to see the Redskins make this trade?

Pace could start at RT for us and Holt can still be a playmaker. Seems like great value to me for only a 3rd rounder. It could fill some needs for us and let us draft a linebacker and some other linemen with our remaining picks.

Link

I'd take Pace but not Holt. I have high hopes for our rookie WR's despite not showing much their first season. Holt coming in not only adds more age to our WR corp but, IMO also hinders the development of Thomas and Kelly. Unless, of course, you hope here is that they get to learn from yet another vet receiver. Other than that, I think as good as Holt still is, it should be a move the Redskins don't need to pull the trigger on. The key there is luxury over necessity. We need the exact opposite.

Pace would help solidify our O-line with talent. Unfortunately not with young age. He is still a top O-lineman and for a 3rd round pick that would be a friggin steal.

Two things here.

1. This would be an awful trade for us. Everything we've fought against for years. Valuable pick for aging and declining name player.

2. The Rams are idiots. Coaches should be given limited input into personnel decisions, particularly trades, and ESPECIALLY interim coaches. They turned down a 1st round pick for Torry Holt because JIM HASLETT said no? Man. Sometimes you feel better about being a Redskins fan after all...

A third rd pick for each one?We gave away too many 3 and 4 rd picks in the past.Arent good teams built with solid picks in those rds.I say we keep all our picks from now on and see what we look like further on up the road.

No not for each one. I believe its a 3rd round pick for both players.

I would have loved this 3 years ago. Hell, maybe even in the last offseason I might have loved this. I almost love this now. Without a renegotiation of contracts thats like 15+ million tied up in 32+ year old players who are only contracted for a few seasons.

And it sucks cause those are 2 players I actually like.

Sorry guys.....I live in Missouri and if you are not up on the Rams you may not know that Pace has missed just about all of the last three years with injuries. He would do us no good at all. We have enough old, injured O-lineman.

Bingo. Pace can't stay healthy enough to get on the field and be an impact. It would be another wasted draft pick. Let's not get back into those old, bad habits now..

If we hadn't invested so many picks into pass catchers last draft, I'd actually consider this trade, but just for Holt. The guy is still a damn good receiver who'd instantly have the best hands on our team and would provide us with veteran leadership at a position where we honestly don't have much. Holt is one of the best route runners in the game, and would be able to tutor young guys like Thomas and Kelly. Hell he could probably teach Randle El and Moss a thing or two.

But given our shortage of picks already and our abundance of personnel at the position already, I say no. Sad because Holt's one my favorite non Redskin players. :(

You'd think that but you'd be wrong. It's almost infuriating to read threads like this. Let's sign this free agent!!! Let's trade for this guy!!!

Just throwing out different possibilities, no need to get mad man. I think if we trade the 3rd for both of these guys it solves our WR and RT problem temporarily and we can trade down from our 1st rounder and draft some linemen and linebackers to eventually replace Pace and replenish the lines. I think it gives us a temporary solution and a long term solution as long as we draft their replacements this year.

Also it can typically take 2-3 years for a WR to develop so Holt would be good to have in the mean time.

Just throwing out different possibilities, no need to get mad man. I think if we trade the 3rd for both of these guys it solves our WR and RT problem temporarily and we can trade down from our 1st rounder and draft some linemen and linebackers to eventually replace Pace and replenish the lines. I think it gives us a temporary solution and a long term solution as long as we draft their replacements this year.

Also it can typically take 2-3 years for a WR to develop so Holt would be good to have in the mean time.

Adding both those players would cost a total of(6.65+5.975)=$12.625M. That's too much for us to take on. We could restructure them, but they would still be costly.

The team would just get older with this move. We need to trade down for more draft picks not give more away for one year stop gaps.

Agreed, definitely trade down and hopefully get a second round pick. First pick should be a DT. Stop with the additions of older players who really are not that motivated to play at a rookie's enthusiasium.

Why bring in more older and ready to retire players to this team.

Archived