Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we have a problem with father's rights in the U.S.?

Teller

took until post 5 before this fully hit home.

the judge didnt even try to think about me when my ex took my son to indiana.

i dont do drugs

i have no felonies

i have a good job

i have a roof for him

i have a vehicle

i have a support system lined up out here

i am not a perfect man but i didnt deserve to have my son basically taken from me and given to her. i get to see him every summer and every other christmas. it literally almost kills me when he leaves and i am sad for about a month after he leaves.

Damn Mike, I'm sorry to hear that. I know about the sadness when they leave. Mine are right around the corner and I still get them half the time, but when I go to bed the day they leave I'm as depressed as I can be.

You gave me a little ribbing one time about my randomness. That's why. When they are with me the world is good. When they first go to their mothers, I'm a miserable *****.

Capt, I don't think distance matters. Obviously, Mikey's heart spends more time ripped out of his chest and laying on his living room floor than ours, but if the kids aren't there, they aren't there. I don't think Mike would criticize us because our situations are "easier." I don't know that they are. I know they're different, but I'm not about to crucify myself for hurting; even though Mike sees his son far less.

One thing I will do tonight, is kneel beside my bed and ask our Good Lord to comfort all of us, our kids, and their mothers; and pray for each of our unique situations to improve.

Oh I know. The presumption is that I'm a piece of ****. No matter what I do, she frames it, and the court accepts it, as some dastardly scheme on my part.
i am not a perfect man but i didnt deserve to have my son basically taken from me and given to her. i get to see him every summer and every other christmas. it literally almost kills me when he leaves and i am sad for about a month after he leaves.

Wow guys, I really am sorry to hear this, that's just not right.

Keeping a child away from his/her father when his/her father is able to provide for the child, there is no abuse, no felonies, etc. is child abuse in my opinion. Children need the influence of both parents in their lives; I don't get how taking a child from either of their parents can be rationalized. A parent who is spiteful toward their ex, badmouth the ex in front of the children, and don't allow the children to see one of their parents regularly is a horrible parent in my opinion.

Wow guys, I really am sorry to hear this, that's just not right.

Keeping a child away from his/her father when his/her father is able to provide for the child, there is no abuse, no felonies, etc. is child abuse in my opinion. Children need the influence of both parents in their lives; I don't get how taking a child from either of their parents can be rationalized. A parent who is spiteful toward their ex, badmouth the ex in front of the children, and don't allow the children to see one of their parents regularly is a horrible parent in my opinion.

Katie, please drop everything you're doing and become a family court judge. :)

Archived