Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How the hell does Obama expect to pay for this??

Spaceman Spiff

I can't imagine how he thinks he can fit this into some sort of budget....seriously?

I mean, I guess it's necessary...but we're going to be paying for this for a LONG time.

death-star-special-offer.jpg

Death Star Costs $15.6 Septillion, 1.4 Trillion Times the US Debt

By Jesus Diaz, 7:53 AM on Wed Feb 4 2009, 170,364 views

If you had $15.6 septillion and 94 cents in your account, would you save the world from the economic crisis or build a Death Star, destroy the world, and move on to invade the galaxy?

A guy called Ryszard Gold—who probably is an alien villain from the Outer Rim planets and got a 49-point score in our Geek Social Aptitude Test—made the calculation of the most basic Death Star's price with current materials and space transport costs here on Earth. Here's a quick summary:

• First, assume that 1/10 of the 17.16 quadrillion cubic meters of the Death Star is something other than empty space and 6/10 of the total volume is pressurized space.

• That will require 1.71 quadrillion cubic meters of steel, about 134 quadrillion tonnes. That's $12.95 quintillion in current 2008 prices, and that's without counting strange alloys and elements.

• Shipping that to space will cost $95 million per tonne: So add $12.79 septillion in transport.

• Now you need to add air, which will require 8.23 quintillion cubic meters of Nitrogen, and 1.65 quintillion cubic meters of oxygen, for a total delivery cost of $2.81 septillions and $212.46 quintillion.

The total: $15,602,022,489,829,821,422,840,226.94.

More: http://i.gizmodo.com/5146010/death-star-costs-156-septillion-14-trillion-times-the-us-debt

I thought the Dems were the Rebels and we just conquered the enemy Dark Sith Lord Cheney?

Kind of funny. I think I'd buy the Enterprise instead. A bit cheaper and think of all the super hot and horny babes you're always running into.

Cheney is the apprentice. Rove is the Master.

There are always two.

hope these pics work... I still haven't mastered the art of posting pics on ES...

dammit :(

maybe someone else will do it for me

This got me originally too. This is what you need. First find a jpeg or gif you like. then before the link put [ img ] and end it with [ / img ]

Don't use the extra spaces between the brackets and such.

Archived