Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McShay new mock draft -- 2/2

Skinsinparadise

The thing is I still feel we need the playmaker at DT more. We need to collapse the pocket. There were times when Carter/Taylor could get around the edge, then the QB would just step up. That's our main problem.

Yeah, but if our two starting DEs are Taylor/Carter, collapsing the pocket won't help in the least because the looping rush those two do would open huge running lanes for a QB to scramble towards.

We can afford to have one, but not both.

Evans/Carter would be a much better situation there. Carter/Taylor on a rotation would be nice as well with Evans opposite them.

I've wondered that myself. Orakpo has a HUGE frame, he could definitely add some bulk.

Same here. 6-4, 260 is not a "tweener" in my book. He could definitely add some bulk and he's already one of the strongest guys out there. I'm not saying he's my top pick but I won't be upset if we draft him.

i would not be happy with orakpo. i think he is an outside linebacker in a 3-4 not a DE in a 4-3. he is small and probably just another andre carter.

Apparently you haven't been reading the thread. Orakpo is NOT small.

He's 260 pounds and could put on 5-10 pounds here. He's also fast. Drafting Orakpo would help us in two places:

Defensive End with the ability to collapse the pocket from the outside in, which is what Phillip Daniels did last season and part of the reason Andre Carter accrued 10 sacks.

OLB with the ability to (if we keep Taylor) put Carter, Taylor in at the ends and Orakpo at OLB in passing situations. That should give us a very formidable pass rush.

Where are people getting the whole "He's small" thing from?

I don't understand this phenomenon either, personally I would rather have an o-line, but would not be upset with Orakpo at all, he WILL be able to play Defensive End. He may be, what, like 8-10 lbs too light, but he is probably stronger than anyone who has those extra pounds on him; I would think after last years draft some of us would have learned that it's not all about size.

OLB with the ability to (if we keep Taylor) put Carter, Taylor in at the ends and Orakpo at OLB in passing situations. That should give us a very formidable pass rush.

Taylor is effective from the OLB position too. They used him like that in Miami a lot. If we drafted Orakpo, I think with his strength he could collapse the pocket maybe better than JT can, and JT could be used as a speed rusher from the outside. But both of them could be rotated a lot too.

I like the prospect of Orakpo dropping to us and us taking him. But like I've said, there are a handful of other guys that I like too that would be nice to get if they drop.

Taylor is effective from the OLB position too. They used him like that in Miami a lot. If we drafted Orakpo, I think with his strength he could collapse the pocket maybe better than JT can, and JT could be used as a speed rusher from the outside. But both of them could be rotated a lot too.

I like the prospect of Orakpo dropping to us and us taking him. But like I've said, there are a handful of other guys that I like too that would be nice to get if they drop.

Your sig distracts me every time you post.

Secondly, we could use Orakpo/Taylor as a type of zone blitz tandem. You never know which, if not both, if any are coming. I like that. Alot. :)

Your sig distracts me every time you post.

Secondly, we could use Orakpo/Taylor as a type of zone blitz tandem. You never know which, if not both, if any are coming. I like that. Alot. :)

OMG that would be a hell of a tandem and I guarantee that Andre Carter would put up a lot more sacks too, imagine all three of them wreaking havoc...

You can thank Rdsknsbill (sp?) for my sig...I stole it from the owned thread :D

Archived