Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Duffy talks Boondock Saints II

Spaceman Spiff

• 7 months later...
One of my favorite movies in college, I'm going opening weekend no doubt.

Yeah, I'll go see it first week, def.

One of my alltime favorite movies, too. I think Duffy can do it again...just needs to have some badass action, some good lines and bring some original ideas to the table. I thought the scene in the first one where Dafoe is talking through the shoot em up in the pool room was genius.

Yeah, I'll go see it first week, def.

One of my alltime favorite movies, too. I think Duffy can do it again...just needs to have some badass action, some good lines and bring some original ideas to the table. I thought the scene in the first one where Dafoe is talking through the shoot em up in the pool room was genius.

I'm upset that Dafoe isn't going to be in it. The way he "re-enacted" the fight scenes to classical music was awesomely creepy. One of the most memorable things from that movie.

I'm upset that Dafoe isn't going to be in it. The way he "re-enacted" the fight scenes to classical music was awesomely creepy. One of the most memorable things from that movie.

I was a bit bummed to see that, but I think that was announced a long time ago so it's not that much of a surprise to me. It looks like Julie Benz is taking that type of role and I have no idea what she can bring to the table. Also it looks like he's trying to fill the hole of Rocco with that Clifton Collins Jr. guy.

From the preview, it looks like they will focus a bit on the action/moves the actors do while firing weapons. That may deter me as a sequal almost always tends to do worse when there is a focus on action.

Aside from that, I still plan on being there opening night!

I remember liking it, but honestly don't remember anything from the movie at all. I think there should be a statute of limitations on coming out with a sequel, though. Not a law or anything, but a general guideline. Anytime you wait that long for a sequel it's probably going to fail horribly.

Is it me or this movie every college freshmans holy grail? Its like "If I like this movie I will come off deep"

I didn't particularly like it. Vastly overrated.

Seriously. It was like every freshmen guy's dorm room playing it on repeat, and after that year I don't think I heard anybody talk about it again.

Ok movie, I just really don't understand the huge appeal of it. A couple guys shoot bad guys and have a cool religious meaning behind it. Doesn't help that most guys I know in college who liked it also did things like wore Ed Hardy t-shirts.

• 2 months later...
So it's out now. Anyone seen it? How is it?

I wanted to see it opening weekend, but it's been limited release and hasn't come to Pittsburgh yet, so I'm a little pissed :mad:. My buddy out in Denver saw it and said it did not dissapoint, but he was a big fan of the first one (like I am), so keep that in mind.

Saw it last weekend. My friends and I are huge fans of the first one.

All Saints Day was pretty good. Some parts I could do without, but overall it retains much of the feel of Boondocks 1. I think it will be one of those movies that grows on me more and more each time I watch it.

Archived