Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SHANAHAN FIRED: Redskins should FIRE Zorn and HIRE Shanahan (merged)

Frediemac

How about...

Acquiring the entire Cleveland Browns defensive line who sucked before the Broncos and sucked with the Broncos.

Trying to build a defense by getting Champ Bailey, John Lynch, and Dre Bly.

Wasting picks on Tatum Bell and Maurice Clarret.

And in a rare explosion of PURE INCOMPETENCY FROM ALL SIDES, trading Clinton Portis, a proven ELITE back in Shanahan's system only HALFWAY through his contract. Both the Redskins and Broncos lost in this trade.

Sure, Shanny has his flaws, but he is not a defensive guru. He is good at what he does, which is more on the offensive side. I understand he's supposed to be the HC, but how about letting someone else(someone who knows more about coaching defenses) decide on what defensive players to get?

Trading Portis wasn't incompetence. He got Champ Bailey, and a second round pick. We overpaid for Portis, ask anybody who's not a redskins fan.

is he proven? is that why they fired him? good to know.

Well, if you call 2 Superbowls proven. I do.

138-86. I don't know. Sounds pretty good to me. Is that proven enough? I mean, he's no QB coach from Seattle, but he'd do okay.

Here we have Shanahan and Cowher both interested in continuing coaching, and we are committed to Mr. "medium" Jim Zorn.

These are the reasons this club stinks it up each year.

THIS JUST IN: SOMEONE FIRED

The AP has reported that some sort of sports coach from some football team has been released. Redskins fans on ExtremeSkins.com are already clamoring for whoever it is to be the next coach of some sort for the Redskins. "I'm really excited for whoever it was to be our next coach" said ES poster Frediemac. "It is time to move on from the Zorn era and usher in the great era of Whoever Was Just Let Go. I can't wait to find out who it is". More as the story develops.

:applause:

Trading Portis wasn't incompetence. He got Champ Bailey, and a second round pick. We overpaid for Portis, ask anybody who's not a redskins fan.

I agree we overpaid for Portis... But in a sick twisted way, Shanahan also didn't get enough for Portis. Different players can have different values for different teams, and I believe Clinton Portis was worth a LOT to the Broncos. Had Portis stayed with the Broncos, he would be a lock for the HOF and there would be discussions about Portis vs LT similar to the Sanders vs Smith debates.

BTW, Even after Elway, Shanahan was still very successful. Just look at his record.

His record the last three years is a nice 24-24. Plus he'll probably run the defense into the ground, trade Carlos Rogers for some draft pick that turns into a scrub, etc, and the Redskins become epic chokers because the team's defense can't do crap.

. Zorn should become JUST the QB coach/O-Coord, so he can concentrate solely on Jason Campbell. The best part about Shanahan is, he would also help in the maturation of Campbell.

Has that happened one single time in the history of the NFL?

I agree we overpaid for Portis... But in a sick twisted way, Shanahan also didn't get enough for Portis. Different players can have different values for different teams, and I believe Clinton Portis was worth a LOT to the Broncos. Had Portis stayed with the Broncos, he would be a lock for the HOF and there would be discussions about Portis vs LT similar to the Sanders vs Smith debates.

I think Shanahan's scheme is so good that they can plug in any RB and still be successful(this year obviously was an exception for them). Even after Portis was gone, Denver still had a top 10 running game for a few years. Having said that, I agree that if Portis stayed with Denver, he would be a lock for the HOF.

His record the last three years is a nice 24-24. Plus he'll probably run the defense into the ground, trade Carlos Rogers for some draft pick that turns into a scrub, etc, and the Redskins become epic chokers because the team's defense can't do crap.

Shanahan took Denver to the AFC championship with Jake Plummer as the QB. Weren't they 13-3 that year? I think this was 4 years ago.

I think Shanahan's scheme is so good that they can plug in any RB and still be successful(this year obviously was an exception for them). Even after Portis was gone, Denver still had a top 10 running game for a few years. Having said that, I agree that if Portis stayed with Denver, he would be a lock for the HOF.

I'm not argue, because what you say is true. It's just that instead of having a perennial Top 10 running game, they would have had a perennial Top 5 running game. It's like in Minnesota... Chester Taylor was putting up awesome numbers before Adrian Peterson... But should they give up AD for Champ Bailey and a second round pick? Probably not.

Detroit should go after him hard

Detroit is such a black hole right now that I'm not sure anyone would go there. Though I could see it if they promised Shanahan he could be HC and GM, which would be possible and an upgrade considering that a piece of wood with a face drawn on it would be an upgrade from Millen.

I'm not argue, because what you say is true. It's just that instead of having a perennial Top 10 running game, they would have had a perennial Top 5 running game. It's like in Minnesota... Chester Taylor was putting up awesome numbers before Adrian Peterson... But should they give up AD for Champ Bailey and a second round pick? Probably not.

Well, I agree with what you just said, but many people feel that RB's are a dime a dozen, whereas a shutdown corner is hard to find. They probably felt like they were getting a good deal. I personally wouldn't have traded Portis.

Detroit is such a black hole right now that I'm not sure anyone would go there. Though I could see it if they promised Shanahan he could be HC and GM, which would be possible and an upgrade considering that a piece of wood with a face drawn on it would be an upgrade from Millen.

Hey, Mooch wanted the job, so who knows. It would be the ultimate challenge.

That's only one season(2005) while in every other season after Elway they were either booted out in the wild card round or didn't make it at all.

You are correct, but I think making it to the playoffs is still a big achievement. Cowher needed 14 years or so to win the big one. After Elway, Broncos have had only 2 losing seasons.

Archived