Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins tent sale

dirtfreak

Oh Mark, you done opened the can didn't you? Makes me think there could possibly be 2 GU Patched Portis' now........

After the Todd Collin's 21/75 Patch mix up I encountered, I wouldn't doubt it.

I know Tanner had quite a few Portis' from that year, and if you search his threads here on ES or contact him, maybe you can find out if he had that one - or whatever happened to it if he did.

Mrs. Snyder signed the COA's? That's kind of cool IMO - the owners wife's auto!

There was no mix up with the Collins 75th. It was a Campbell 75th anni game worn that the team sent to josportsco which we could easily see was never worn in the game. Probably an honest mistake. But still. I would bet there are a bunch of 75th jerseys somewhere that were never worn, but could easily be mistaken for worn.

But yeah. Now I feel like I have to triple check every jersey I ever buy for evidence of halftime changes.

Yeah, I know. I could take it back if I want to, but hell no!

Maybe that's the reason they framed this particular jersey?

Maybe the reason Clinton swapped jerseys was the heat? It was 90 degrees that day. Maybe the jersey was soaked with sweat? Or maybe he just wanted a shorter one? He swapped out his gloves too, and ditched his elbow pads. So that might be the explanation.

Favre swaps his jerseys at halftime to generate more collectible jerseys. Check the Vikings stuff at JO. Do the Redskins do this with certain players?

I do think that the Portis swap in this instance was due to heat though.

Yeah, I know. I could take it back if I want to, but hell no!

Maybe that's the reason they framed this particular jersey?

Maybe the reason Clinton swapped jerseys was the heat? It was 90 degrees that day. Maybe the jersey was soaked with sweat? Or maybe he just wanted a shorter one? He swapped out his gloves too, and ditched his elbow pads. So that might be the explanation.

It's a conspiracy, don't ya' know. Snyder called Portis at halftime and told him to change jerseys so he could make more money......and piss you off.....:D

Favre swaps his jerseys at halftime to generate more collectible jerseys. Check the Vikings stuff at JO. Do the Redskins do this with certain players?

I dont think switching jersey's had to do with the heat on that day. If anything, he would have switched the t-shirt he wore underneath since that soaked up the sweat. I cant imagine the jersey being the issue. That being said, there must be a reason why he switched. Maybe the 1st half jersey wasnt comfortable for some reason or was irritating him in a certain way?

That's interesting, I never knew that.

If this is a routine planned thing, they should label them that way.

Clinton Portis, 9/14/08, 1st half.

Like that.

But I agree, I don't think this is a conspiracy or anything like that. But this kind of thing might be coming down the road eventually, if Favre is doing it.

What's next? Jersey changes after each quarter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived