Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins tent sale

dirtfreak

Thanks for the props guys. Ray Brown IMO is a great guy, who's been in the league forever. The Landry speaks for itself.

Nice stuff Ned Flanders!

So that is Landry first ever gamer from the regular season then?

I just quick scanned Getty and couple nice shots of him from that game. Pretty sure you can see the blue hit mark near the reebok logo on left shoulder.

Yes, that is Landry's first professional football, regular season game! I see what you're talking about, and I agree that it is an easy photomatch.

the landry was actually outside in the silent auction area if i remember correctly. Did Ned pay the buy it now price or get it cheaper by auction?

You are correct, and Ned payed the BIN on it. I almost pulled the trigger a few times on one from JO, but couldn't concede the $18-1900 price tag. The BIN was FAR less then that.

Well, since they had Samuels inside going for six, I'd guess yes. I didn't see the jersey, but I'd guess the Buy It Now price was around $900-$1200 or so. Just a guess.

Mark, you are right on the money - no pun intended. Opening bid was $900, or the BIN was $1175. I tried getting it for the opening bid, and thought I may have succeeded. But the gentlemen returned, and said he couldn't do it "just to be fair to everyone else".

At least there wasn't sales tax on it!

• 1 year later...

I'm not real crazy about the frame. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might make it deep, more like a box, and put the jersey on a mannequin like thing inside it. Or I might just remove the jersey and sell the frame. It's a very nice frame, I just don't think a jersey should be in it the way it is. It needs to be deeper.

You think I'm gonna leave it there for somebody else to buy? ****, it's like 80% off. I had no choice but to buy it.

There's another one there in the same type frame for the same price - It was Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly I believe.

And there were some team issued jerseys too just hanging on hangers - never worn, not customized. I remember an '04 Griffin burgundy for $200. And a couple others, can't remember the names.

You think I'm gonna leave it there for somebody else to buy? ****, it's like 80% off. I had no choice but to buy it.

There's another one there in the same type frame for the same price - It was Devin Thomas or Malcolm Kelly I believe.

And there were some team issued jerseys too just hanging on hangers - never worn, not customized. I remember an '04 Griffin burgundy for $200. And a couple others, can't remember the names.

It was $699 and THAT was 80 percent off? Mark, you must have a very understanding wife.....

:yikes:Some people have WAY TOO MUCH money if they can throw away $3,100 on a Portis gamer. I am shocked at the asking prices on that site...and more shocked that several jerseys have been sold.

And Mark....I tried to set you up to say something nice about your wife and you blew it....but then your wife would probably never see the the post, would she?:evilg:

Thanks guys. I like it a lot. I got lucky. :)

S&S - the truth is, I haven't gotten around to telling her yet. First I need to solve all the problems, like where to put it. When I show her the JoSports site and she sees how it's basically a once in a lifetime purchase, she'll understand.

I think. :silly:

And it doesn't hurt that my birthday is ten days away. :)

The frame is huge - it's 44 inches high and 36 inches wide. I need to get rid of a shelf to make room for this thing. I didn't like the frame so much at first, but it's starting to grow on me. The jersey isn't mashed flat like I thought. There's something between the layers keeping it suspended so there's maybe a quarter inch of space between the two layers of fabric. It would be cool to build a box for it and get one of those mannequin deals for it. The burgundy and gold matting with the huge logo and 8x10 photo make it really nice.

It would be cool to build a box for it and get one of those mannequin deals for it. The burgundy and gold matting with the huge logo and 8x10 photo make it really nice.

are you thinking about just buying the mannequin insert? You definately have to post pics if you go that route... I'm sure it will be a much cheaper alternative to the full frame/mannequin.

Inigo - what I'm thinking is adding like seven inches in depth to the frame. Just build four walls seven inches deep, shaped like a box. Then getting one of the mannequins from that other site and hooking it up in there.

So yeah.

Ned - get ready to be shocked. And Inigo, you're going to be interested in this too.

Ned wrote:

What makes that jersey even sweeter, is that Portis had 2 rushing TD's in that game! NICE jersey!

Yep. That's what I was thinking. I mean, it's Portis' jersey. He wore it vs the Saints in 2008. He scored two TDs. Right? And it's photomatched! Just in case somebody ****ed up somewhere, the photomatch proves everything. It removes all doubt. Therefore, we can easily and obviously conclude he wore this jersey when he scored the two TDs right?

Nope. :doh:

He did not. Believe it or not, he didn't.

What Clinton did was, at halftime, he went into the locker room. He then removed his elbow pads. He removed his burgundy colored gloves. AND, unbelievably, he removed his jersey too. He then put on a NEW jersey and NEW BLACK colored gloves. And went out to play the second half with no elbow pads.

I discovered this last night.

The video at nfl.com proves he played the second half without elbow pads.

The various pics I found show he had burgundy gloves with elbow pads and black gloves without elbow pads.

Therefore, he wore burgundy gloves in the first half and he wore black gloves in the second half.

The jersey I have showing him in the first half with burgundy gloves is pretty dirty.

The pics of Portis in the second half with black gloves show his jersey to be clean. :wtf:

Also, the first half jersey has a fairly wide hem at the bottom. The second half jersey has a narrow hem at the bottom. :wtf:

And if you look closely at the way the mesh lines up with his numbers on the front of his jersey, the mesh isn't the same. The mesh holes are almost aligned the same. And if you're not looking real, real, closely, you'd think they are the same. But if you really study them, you can see that they are not. They are two different jerseys worn in the two halves.

The photos prove it. And - the only reason I know this is because I was able to find and view some really good photos of Clinton in that game - and I studied them. Otherwise, I would be completely oblivious.

So this leads to a few questions.

Question #1: Why was his jersey changed in the second half?

Question #2: What other games were his jerseys changed in the second half? Is this something that is done routinely?

Question #3: What other PLAYERS have jerseys changed in the second half - in that game or any other game? Is this something they do routinely?

Question #4: Are some of the game jerseys we are buying actually only "half game" jerseys?

:doh: :doh: :doh:

CP vs Saints 2008, first half:

redskinsportissaints200.jpg

CP vs Saints, 2008, second half:

Archived