Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins tent sale

dirtfreak

Here's some pics of what I picked up yesterday afternoon. This one I got for isle-hawg. Very nice Rock Cartwright. I'd love to get one of these some day, but right now it's out of my price range. Rock wears a 44.

dcp6075smk2.jpg

dcp6077sgo0.jpg

Here's my Robert Royal.

dcp6087szj0.jpg

dcp6088sfq7.jpg

It shows nice wear and plenty of repairs, even on the mesh.

dcp6080sxf5.jpg

Here's that framed plaque:

dcp6085sqa0.jpg

dcp6086svx1.jpg

They did have at least a few 2003 jerseys, but the GSS patches had been removed. You could see the outline of the patch on some of the jerseys. Those particular jerseys might have been used in '04 and '05 too.

There were no anniversary jerseys.

The sale is over. It was a one day deal.

I'm thinking Jan '10 we'll see '05 and '06 jerseys. Jan '11 we'll see '05, '06, and '07 jerseys. And then maybe in Jan '12 they'll start dumping jerseys dirt cheap like they did in Jan '08.

Just guessing. Because the way they're priced now, most of them won't sell.

The one thing that sucks about those game swatches and jersey swatches is that it may not be that particular ball from that moment. I bought a Sean Taylor swatch jersey and ball framed and it says the ball was from that game, but may not be the ball from that moment in the picture. I have a moss one that is the same as well.

The one thing that sucks about those game swatches and jersey swatches is that it may not be that particular ball from that moment. I bought a Sean Taylor swatch jersey and ball framed and it says the ball was from that game, but may not be the ball from that moment in the picture. I have a moss one that is the same as well.
Yeah - the swatches are kind of silly, IMO. It might or might not be the game ball. How are we supposed to know? On mine, I bought it for the display. I couldn't care less about the swatch.

Here's some pics of what I picked up yesterday afternoon. This one I got for isle-hawg. Very nice Rock Cartwright. I'd love to get one of these some day, but right now it's out of my price range. Rock wears a 44.

Thank you for picking up the Cartwright Jersey for me! Just curious did they have any Taylor of Cooley gamers and if so how much were they?

No, and no. There weren't any jerseys of super star players.

The thing about the '05 jerseys worn by starting players is, they, unlike the '06-08 jerseys, were worn for multiple games. That, of course, means there's not at many '05 jerseys available. So it's no surprise there were no Portis, Campbell, Taylor, Cooley, etc. jerseys available. They had already been picked out by the lucky few who have access to game jerseys before they become available to the common folk. :)

Last year some of the prices were up to $954, as I remember. It seems this year some of the higher prices came down and some of the lower prices went up.

And you're welcome. :)

just curious, hope you don't mind me asking but how much were the cartwright jerseys going for?
$450

No name on back = $150

Names you never heard of (cut in Aug) and a few exceptions like Salave'a and Royal = $250

Others - $300, $350, $400, $450, $500, $600 depending

The above were mostly '05s (115 white and 100 burgundy) with maybe ten '04 and maybe 3 '03 jerseys, no patch.

Bagged unwashed game-specific '06 jerseys were like $250 for Archleta and $600 for Samuels. There was only like 15-20 of those.

My 4 year old daughter had to use the bathroom there today, after being there for about ten minutes. I politely asked a worker where the bathrooms were. She said "there were no bathrooms". I then said "the bathroom wasn't for me, my 4 year old daughter had to go, could they just let her into an employees bathroom". Her response was that "there were no bathrooms". I was fuming then. I then explained to her that we drove down from Baltimore to spend money on the Redskins. I also asked the employee "What does you do when you have to go to the bathroom since there are no bathrooms?". She simply just said "there are no bathrooms". I then nicely explained that if they could not help us, we will not spend a penny on the sale.

I then told some other employees about the situation but got similar answers. One did try to help and told me to go to the ticket office, there is a bathroom in there. Of course, the ticket office was closed.

What amazes me is that they advertise this sale to thousands of season ticket holders and people on the waiting list. In years past, there were some really good sales. I have bought about 5 or 6 game worn jerseys over the years. I guarantee that I would have still spent some money on some supposed sales items if they simply let my daughter use their bathroom. The best part was that my daughter was able to hold it and I spent my money on a fat steak at Bugaboo Creek Steak house down the street. Their bathrooms were very accessible. I found out later that they do have a bathroom in the Hall of Fame store but there were boxes blocking the entrance.

:mad:RRRRRR!!!!!! You know, I would say “unbelievable” but with the Redskins, sadly, it is TOTALLY believable. This makes me so angry. G--- D--- the Redskins and their ridiculous polices and thoughtless behavior towards the people who keep their franchise alive. F---- them.:cuss:

If you got an extra 10 grand laying around you can get the Sean Taylor rookie jersey from the Dallas game of that year from psgamegear

That jersey has been sold on ebay, etc. multiple times. Psgamegear won it for $3,000.00, now they want 10 grand!!!??

That jersey has been sold on ebay, etc. multiple times. Psgamegear won it for $3,000.00, now they want 10 grand!!!??

If you go to their store in Dulles, they have it there in the display. I believe it is autographed, but nevertheless, 10 GRAND is rediculously overpriced! Then again PSGamegear and overpriced seemed to be mutually exclusive.

Here's a picture of the Laron Landry Rookie gamer I picked up at the tent sale. ...

I almost bought one from JO. Glad I waited.

I didn't realize they had 07 jerseys, but I didn't get over there at the bagged area until later. Nice!
Here's the Ray Brown Gamers I bought at the tent sale

Very collectable! Besides the fact that it's Ray Brown, you have his first name spelled out which is kind of unusual. Anything out of the ordinary is usually money.

Very nice :)

Ravensuck-The treatment you and your 4 year old child got at the sale was really bad. I think you made the right decision to not buy anything. What an unreal situation and you got no customer service. I cannot believe how later you found out they did have a bathroom. What a frustrating experience. Glad you left and got some good food instead.

Archived