Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tired? Frustrated? Fed Up! Boycott the game next week.

kmast000

I understand that everyone's frustrated (as am I), but are you folks listening to what you're saying? "Turn FedEx Field Eagle green...?" Again, I understand the sentiments, but there's a better way to do this than that. If you choose not to renew your tickets, that's certainly your preogative and I can respect that. And I also recognize that they're your tickets and you have the right to sell them if you so desire, even to opposing team fans. But...have some pride people. I've been a Redskin fan since I was five years old, I've seen good and bad years. Folks, we've seen a lot worse than this...remember 3-13 and 4-12? Sure we haven't played well and sure we're in a bit of turmoil right now, but...we're still Redskin fans. And that should mean something. I remember sitting on my grandfather's knee as a little boy watching this team. When he died in 1989 the Redskins were one of my links to him. To this day, when I go see them play I always remember that I'm watching "my grandfather's team." That will never change. I waited too long to get season tickets to just turn them in because of a poor season. I approach every game with the yearn of a five year old, and maybe if some of you thought the same way we wouldn't continuously be the laughingstock of the league with regard to opposing team fans at our games. If you really don't want to go to the game, why not give your tickets to some neighborhood kid that wants them, or better yet donate them to some charity.To those of you who are suggesting that we sell our seats to Eagle fans...there's no other way to say it, SHAME ON YOU. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU. YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT WASTING MONEY ON THE TEAM OR WHATEVER, BUT NO TEAM DESERVES FICKLE-A $$ FANS LIKE YOU.

uh huh...fickle? after 16 years?

out of respect for your grandfather I'll refrain from verbalizing the contempt I feel for you at the moment.

uh huh...fickle? after 16 years?

out of respect for your grandfather I'll refrain from verbalizing the contempt I feel for you at the moment.

Yes, you're fickle (not necessarily you specifically, but the general "you" out there). If you can't support your team through thick and thin, then don't claim to do it at all. We probably don't realize it as much because we heard so much about it locally, but our fanbase has been maligned unceremoniously in the national media since that Steeler game. (In fact, how do you know that this team didn't see all of those visiting fans that night and figure why should they play hard when the fans obviously don't care? I'm not saying that's what happened, but things definitely went downhill after that game.) Do we really want to further those sentiments by having a huge amount of Eagle fans at the game this week? Again, if you choose not to renew your season tickets, I can respect that. But...how dare anybody call themselves a legitimate Skins fan if they think it's appropriate to sell/give tickets to the other teams' fans, especially a hated rival. Certainly the response to that will be how dare you tell us what to do with our tickets, our money, our time...etc. Fine, be that way. But don't ever claim to be a die-hard Skins fan. And futhermore, part of everyone's problem with the gameday experience is the number of visiting fans. So doesn't it sound ridiculous that people are encouraging others to sell to Eagle fans?

Look, perhaps we're all just letting off steam here, but think about how you'd feel walking into your house and seeing a rival salesperson from your job in bed with your wife. That might be partially how our players feel when they run out of the tunnel at home and hear nothing but a chorus of boos. Bewildered, they look up into the stands and see throngs of visiting fans waiting for their hero's to come out of the other tunnel. Then the reality hits them...they're nothing more than "the other team," just as in the other example you'd then be "the other guy." Some people would say that should give them more inspiration to play hard, but...it doesn't work that way. I've seen all of my favorite teams play on the road (Skins, O's, and Terps), and while I've rooted for them, I've never booed the home team in their house. Ultimately, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. I'd rather see a half-empty stadium than one full of Eagle fans.

I agree: Call the front office and turn in your tickets right now...

It is the right thing to do. F' these losers, they take advantage of you.

i'm on the list

For the above poster: Didnt' we win 7 games without our starting qb last year also :)

We won 5 with him and 4 without him. Everytime I watch this team play, I just get so frustrated at the ineptness. I just wonder what has happened to a once proud franchise. I'll continue to root for them, but I honestly watched 20 minutes of football yesterday. I couldn't watch any of the 4 o'clock games or the Sunday night game. I turned the TV off after the Bengals scored. Just too painful. I don't think I'll watch any more football this year. I have Sunday ticket and I guess I'll be wasting my money the last 2 weeks. I'm just not in the mood for this anymore. I think I'll wait until April when the draft rolls around to renew my interest in football. Maybe I can put in my 1982-91 Redskin DVD's and watch a real team play and win. This team obviously doesn't want to.

Want your voice to be heard? Then hit Danny where it hurts. In his wallet. Don't go to the game next week. Granted he already has the money for season ticket holders but it's more of a symbolic statment.

Don't forget to also boycott Tom Cruise's new movie which is also funded by Midget Boy Danny.

Archived