Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

80's music video cheese

Spaceman Spiff

for those who have youtube blocked at work...please give a brief description of the youtube video you are posting...at least who the artist is. i can recall many a bad video from the early/mid 80s...very curious as to which offenders are being posted. :)

I don't even have to click the link to know this is the Journey "Separate Ways" video. Never speak ill of this video, it is one of the greatest masterpieces of the 80's. Steve Perry THROWS himself into this song.

'Separate Ways' is one of the worst music videos of all time...whose idea was it for the band to mime and pretend to play invisible instruments outside a warehouse?

Well, you might want to see a doctor, because I don't think the Gay goes away without antibiotics. You might just have some dormant Gay still leftover from touching those Journey tapes.

I mean damn, didn't you read the label on those tapes? Men touching a Journey tape is as hazardous as pregnant women touching Rogaine.

~Bang

should I butch myself up by making online cartoons for a living? :silly:

Back in the day there was only ONE reason for a guy to own a Journey tape, and it was because it could get the panties off of starry eyed chicks.

it was the only reason to play one, ever.

Steve Perry was laughable, especially in that video, My god, what a dorky little twit.

Sorry, he tries his best to "emote" but all he does is make me laugh.

Hey, how about the scene where they all gang together and sneer at the camera for the chorus? :rotflmao:

Notice the drummer and his Elaine Benes groove thing. that is if you can get past laughing at Steve Perry trying to look imposing.

~Bang

You bite your tounge sir!! You bite your tounge or you go to hell and you die:mad:!

Understanding that I was all of 8-9 when this music was released, my only real knowledge of Journey at that time was with this:

s_JourneyEscape_3.png

That video game rocked the awesome on the Atari 2600. I discovered their music much later, and it's not bad, but then I discovered the Separate Ways music video, which is perfection in itself. Now then, I will begin my defense going clockwise from the lower left:

journey1vs0.jpg

In the lower left, you see lead guitarist Jonathan Cain and keyboardist Neal Schon facing off over a chick who can only be described as the epitome of 80's hairstyle hotness. If one of them ever hurts her, by God, the other will step in. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THEY ARE SERIOUS!?!?!? These are troubled times, caught between confusion and pain...

Upper left, how can you be so blind? Steve Perry isn't emoting ****...he is throwing himself into this song because he CARES dammit, he CARES!!! He is hurt, broken and blinded by his love, and he must make sure you know it. I've never seen a video where the lead singer gets so into it. Would that we all cared so much about the things we do in life. He is so badass he appears ready to break it down with a DX style crotch chop!

Upper right shows Ross Valory, again showing the love for this high cheekboned 80's female beauty. Look at those shades and that mustache. This man was channeling Chuck Norris before Chuck Norris had eaten his first babies. He will survive the tide that love divides...

Lastly we have four members of Journey in the lower right, minus Steve Perry, who by this time has exploded in a cloud of sheer caring! Notice how angry these men look. Would you want them approaching you in a dark alley if you hurt their women? Not with those popped collars my friend, not with those popped collars. Pay particular attention to Steve Smith, the drummer, the forgotten man, who is furthest right. Does he not look like a slimmed down version of Earthquake from the WWF? You decide.

Earthquake_Bio_0002.JPG

Either way, you couldn't be more wrong about the awesomeness of "Separate Ways." There is no gay here, only pure, unadulterated 80's rocking, the likes of which we may never see again. This was the perfect storm of masculinity.

'Separate Ways' is one of the worst music videos of all time...whose idea was it for the band to mime and pretend to play invisible instruments outside a warehouse?

You...you just think you can come in here, fire a shot across the bow and take off. Oh no, that ain't happening. Do you know how many people play air guitar? Everyone. Well these guys invented air keyboarding. Seriously, I think it's just after the 1:00 mark in the video. The first known instance of air keyboarding in recorded history. How many guys do you know that can pull off looking like a deranged cat clawing at the air, and yet you know exactly what they're doing? Not me my friend, and I'm guessing not you either. You leave them alone, and let them weave their sheer bad-assery as they see fit. Neither you nor I are fit to pass ill judgement on they, who walk as Gods of rock amongst us.

Just a whole bunch of gay stuff about Journey

I must say, that was some funny stuff right there.

And I bet if I DID bite my tongue, Steve Perry would offer to kiss it for me to make it feel better. :rotflmao:

I never even knew they had a Journey video game. I can only guess what the joystick looked like.

~Bang

Archived