Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Losers lament

Spaceman Spiff

And just remember you guys, we could be Lions fans.

As bad as it seems right now, it could always be worse. This team is going nowhere fast this year, but there's always the hope that next year could be better. The Lions, on the other hand, will always suck.

See...

When I was 10, we won our second superbowl.

When I was a freshman in high school we ruled the NFL.

I'm now 31 years old and the best team we have had since then was blown up by Danny and the coach was fired halfway through the next season.

Back in the day, I was a big Os fan, loved seeing them make the playoffs with Brady, Mike and Cal.

The Caps were in the playoffs EVERY year.

Now? Nothing. Even the mighty Caps are banged up just like the Wizards. It truly makes me think we are cursed. I wonder if we have bad karma from our team name. I've thought changing it to the Washington Naitives would be cool but I dunno.

Fact is, many here have been saying "next year" for about as long as you've lived.

It's not just you. Watch any hi-light show, and WR's are running free all over the secondary, running backs bursting thru holes untouched, pick-sixes, etc.

The Redskins have had none of that for some time now. The fumble returns by Sean Taylor were the last ones I remember.

Thank you! We never have any of those plays.

Start following your home town hockey team: Washington Capitals.

The owner cares and listens to the fan base.

You have the best player in the league that makes highlight plays almost every night. He plays with his heart and not for the paycheck.

And you have a core of some of the best young talent (although injured right now) in the league: Semin, Green, Backstrom. Alzner, Laich

and some of the most respected Vets: Theo, Fedorov

Why not support a team that is leading their division despite losing almost 8 starters?

Cause it's hockey. Can't bring myself to do it. It is the one sport I will refuse to watch. I'll watch golf or NASCAR before watching hockey.

LSU sucks this year too, dude. Georgia Tech is gonna beat them like a rented mule.

2 National Championships in football and a Final 4 in basketball in the past 5 years.

STFU:)

As for the Ga Tech game, until LSU fires the co-dc's the defense is going to suck. Can't wait for Miles to fire his buddies and hire a real def coordinator. Worried about the triple option but Miles usually gets his teams prepared for a bowl game. Should be interesting, but not looking forward to it.

Caps are giving me hope, but the injuries are mounting. Hopefully none are too serious.

What kills me is the sense that this team has no heart. We have some very loyal, very passionate fans (in this thread too) that invest a lot of time and money rooting for the Skins. The tailgates are much more fun than the games themselves and have been, more often than not the past couple years. I feel let down by the team b/c deep down I know that I care more than they do, for them it's just a paycheck. Such is the problem for the sports fanatic. No one is holding a gun to my head, I voluntarily line up for 60 minutes of steaming pile of suck every Sunday. :doh:

Thank you! We never have any of those plays.

Cause it's hockey. Can't bring myself to do it. It is the one sport I will refuse to watch. I'll watch golf or NASCAR before watching hockey.

What kind of argument is that? There are 60 minutes of pure action. Very rarely are there timeouts to scheme up plays. It is one of the ultimate team sports.

I understand watching hockey on TV before HD was a little hard to follow but live there is almost no better live sport to watch than hockey. (and yes that includes football)

What kills me is the sense that this team has no heart.

I don't agree with this at all. What we have is a HC who has no idea how over his head he is and the team not getting behind him. Zorn has dropped the ball and looks unable to adjust or even properly game plan and it looks as though all the fight in our guys has faded because of it.

Rumor has it, the players have given up on Zorn and the new HC may already be lurking in the wings.

Just rumors is what I have been hearing. But they're coming from sources that are usually right.

I don't agree with this at all. What we have is a HC who has no idea how over his head he is and the team not getting behind him. Zorn has dropped the ball and looks unable to adjust or even properly game plan and it looks as though all the fight in our guys has faded because of it.

Rumor has it, the players have given up on Zorn and the new HC may already be lurking in the wings.

Just rumors is what I have been hearing. But they're coming from sources that are usually right.

KB no doubt Zorn is not faultless but I don't think that the 2 theories are mutually exclusive, not at all. Case in point, remember the botched PAT 2 weeks ago? It's like none of the players were even paying attention that the snap was bobbled. The kicker even looked surprised that he got a second chance to get the kick out.

Now, one can argue that poor coaching doesn't have them prepared or motivated, etc.- but there's no excuse for just 'going through the motions' when on the field. It's 60 minutes out of the week, it's what they prepare for all week. It's their job. I think they're going through the motions because they lack heart. There's no pride in their body of work.

You can probably count on both hands, the # of guys on the team who are playing like they actually give a **** about winning. That's 1 in 5. Hell, maybe even on one hand (1 in 10)?

KB no doubt Zorn is not faultless but I don't think that the 2 theories are mutually exclusive, not at all. Case in point, remember the botched PAT 2 weeks ago? It's like none of the players were even paying attention that the snap was bobbled. The kicker even looked surprised that he got a second chance to get the kick out.

Now, one can argue that poor coaching doesn't have them prepared or motivated, etc.- but there's no excuse for just 'going through the motions' when on the field. It's 60 minutes out of the week, it's what they prepare for all week. It's their job. I think they're going through the motions because they lack heart. There's no pride in their body of work.

You can probably count on both hands, the # of guys on the team who are playing like they actually give a **** about winning. That's 1 in 5. Hell, maybe even on one hand (1 in 10)?

I get what you are saying and I guess I can't argue it.

It just seems like the players already know our season is over and are already in waiting.

I haven't quit or given up yet. I still cheer. I am still hopeful about the playoffs. I wish the team was as well.

I think we all know we are waiting until next season though. It must be hard to be a player in that situation.

These guys gave everything they could, the entire time for Gibbs and now that we don't have the leader or motivator he was. We have nothing.:(

I get what you are saying and I guess I can't argue it.

It just seems like the players already know our season is over and are already in waiting.

I haven't quit or given up yet. I still cheer. I am still hopeful about the playoffs. I wish the team was as well.

I think we all know we are waiting until next season though. It must be hard to be a player in that situation.

These guys gave everything they could, the entire time for Gibbs and now that we don't have the leader or motivator he was. We have nothing.:(

I hear you, and believe me I'm still screaming and still going to the games and tailgates, the whole nine yards. But it's this sick feeling I have that I care more than 90% of the players that I can't get over.

Let's list the players who, for the past few weeks during this period of fail, look like they play their hearts out. Like they actually take pride in their body of work on the field, and aren't caught standing around, hands on hips while the play is still going on:

Portis

Cartwright

Sellers

Cooley

Evans

Fletcher

Horton

Maybe Landry?

Maybe Hall? (considering he came from the Raiders, he gets bonus points for playing with enthusiasm and he hasn't even been here that long)

My biggest problem recently with the Redskins has been their total lack of urgency. You got shut out in the first 3 quarters...The lackadaisical approach on the field was absurd. Time is running out, you need to be in a 2 minute offense now.

One thing that I like about the Pats and Colts is the fact they will often come out on their first 2 series and attack, attack, attack. 2 minute offense in the first quarter and put their opponents on their heels for the rest of the game.

Think that's bad?

Add to this of woes the following-

I also root for UVA.

I also root for USA Mens Soccer

I also root against- U Florida. The Yankees. The NFC East.

I can go on...

Ive been in 5 weddings that ended in divorce.

When I was playing sports, my teams reached 10 championship games while I was in HS. We won NONE of them. Including the State Finals for soccer in which my best friend hit the crossbar not once, but twice in the waining seconds of the 4th overtime. We lost in PKs.

More?

I moved to Atlanta in 1992 and rooted for the Braves (most of whom I watched in Richmond). The only WS they won, I missed the final game because I was the best man in a wedding....which ended in a divorce.

More?

I can go all day.

I hear you, and believe me I'm still screaming and still going to the games and tailgates, the whole nine yards. But it's this sick feeling I have that I care more than 90% of the players that I can't get over.

Let's list the players who, for the past few weeks during this period of fail, look like they play their hearts out. Like they actually take pride in their body of work on the field, and aren't caught standing around, hands on hips while the play is still going on:

Portis

Cartwright

Sellers

Cooley

Evans

Fletcher

Horton

Maybe Landry?

Maybe Hall? (considering he came from the Raiders, he gets bonus points for playing with enthusiasm and he hasn't even been here that long)

Landry even looks like he isn't going all out. Not since Seattle.

You're right. 100% you are right and it kills me too. I think I am just making excuses out of blinding support, like I do for our offense.

I think most of the D is still doing a good job. I like the youth/back ups really showing how much they want to be Redskins. Guys like Evans and Horton and a guy like Fletcher, who just never quits. I would LOVE to hear his honest take on this teams direction right now.

Portis never quits. I loved the way he went right to attack after one of the picks, early in the game. I love that guy, I just don't think he knows how to not go 100%. Really makes me angry at Zorn for benching him.

I have to hand it to you as well, for getting to every game. I think I had a chance to meet you, but don't remember. It was a bit over whelming for me, but such an awesome experience I will never forget. I would love to make another game.

I would still give 100% and lose my voice again for another couple of days.

I'll never quit on our beloved Skins either.:cheers:

Well, I guess as one of the older one's in here, I was lucky to have witnessed some championships in DC.

1977 Bullets- I was 9 yrs old and watched every game. Been a suckfest most years and now it's an injured fest with 1st round playoff losses.

1982-83 Redskins- I was 15 when we won our first SB and was able to witness the Gibbs glory years with the 87-88 and 91-92 SB wins. Been a suckfest for 17 years.

1983- Orioles- I was 15 and was also able to watch the 1979 WS collapse to Pittsburgh (Up 3-1 and coming back to Balt for games 6 and 7). O's have had about 4 playoff appearances since then. Been a suckfest for over 10 years now. I'm trying to embrace the Nats, but it's hard when I've rooted for the O's for so long and Nats fans can be so mean about Redskin fans being O's fans.

The only championships I've seen lately are MD basketball in 2002 and my alma mater Memphis lose the NCAA championship last year. MD football won one ACC title in the last 20 years or so. Memphis football never does anything.

The Caps were rotten when I first started watching in the late 70's, but then traded for Rod Langway and a host of Montreal Canadiens, then made the playoffs most years, but never advanced past the Islanders/Penguins for a long time. 1997 was a great run to the Stanley Cup, but again we fell short. They are the only hope right now.

Archived