Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Losers lament

Spaceman Spiff

Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a kid and pick better teams to root for.

But no, I had to pick the Orioles, Redskins and Bullets.

The Redskins season is pretty much done, the Wizards are absolutely awful and probably have missed their window and the Orioles are like the MLB's version of Siberia. I can't even look forward to the spring because I know the Orioles are gonna struggle to win 70 games.

Yet somehow I keep watching.

Sometimes I wish I was born in NY.*

*Not really, I just feel that way right now. Deep down I know I never ever would wish that upon myself. Ever.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a kid and pick better teams to root for.

But no, I had to pick the Orioles, Redskins and Bullets.

The Redskins season is pretty much done, the Wizards are absolutely awful and probably have missed their window and the Orioles are like the MLB's version of Siberia. I can't even look forward to the spring because I know the Orioles are gonna struggle to win 70 games.

Yet somehow I keep watching.

Sometimes I wish I was born in NY.*

*Not really, I just feel that way right now. Deep down I know I never ever would wish that upon myself. Ever.

Not ALL of our heroes are done.

Scott Stapp's career is still alive.

I hear ya Spiff. What are you gonna do? :kickcan:

'Skins are my team no matter what. But damit what a craptacular collection of suck for the past 15 years. And thanks to The Dan, we can't even claim "lovable losers". Everyone around the league loves to laugh at us and our free-spending ways.

I am not going back to the stadium the rest of the week. It is not going to be pretty.

I just peeked my head in the door, and was got nailed in the mouth by a flying remote, and hit in the head by a broken beer bottle.

Not goin back, until I'm at least healed from those injuries.

I hear ya Spiff. What are you gonna do? :kickcan:

'Skins are my team no matter what. But damit what a craptacular collection of suck for the past 15 years. And thanks to The Dan, we can't even claim "lovable losers". Everyone around the league loves to laugh at us and our free-spending ways.

I can't even remember the glory years that well. I was born in 81, so the 2nd Superbowl is a fuzzy memory and the 3rd one isn't a whole lot better.

I refused to get my hopes up this summer for the Redskins, I ****ing knew better. And then they had to go look good for the first little bit of the season, only to bend the collective fanbase over a barrel and not use any lube.

It's going to be alright. As a long time Philly fan I can feel your pain. But the Phillies won a World Series this year so hell probably froze over (which is good news for people like Hitler and Pol Pot). But anyway, Dallas still sucks, right? :)

Hey, at least you guys made it to a Superbowl and some conference championship games. The 76ers made it to the Finals earlier this decade, too.

I'd take that right now.

Hey, at least you guys made it to a Superbowl and some conference championship games. The 76ers made it to the Finals earlier this decade, too.

I'd take that right now.

True but after years and years coming way empty it honestly makes it even more annoying. Your life is filled with trepidation and you know deep down nothing is going to happen.

Thats why when the Phillies won I took every bit of it in. As I know championships in Philly are apparently on the Hailey Comet cycle

How about O's/Caps/Saints/Hokies

Caps have been tolerable, certaintly better than the Wizards/Bullets. In recent history I'd say the Saints and skins are about the same level since Gibbs retired the first time although the Saints did get a tad farther reaching the NFCCG in '06.

I remember both Redskins superbowls, ironically the '87 superbowl when Timmy Smith broke the record slightly better than in the '91 against the Bills. I seem to have a really vivid memory of Norwood missing that kick against the Giants a year earlier, for some reason. I remember some local disc jockey trying to call up his house early the next morning.

Archived