Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the greatest Christmas song ever?

Spiritinthesky

This one is little known, but it goes out to all the hicks, hillbillies, rednecks, rebels, ****kickers, white-trash, southerners, and of course, TEXANS. Plus anyone else that feels that this song just belongs.

I give you, Robert Earl Keene's, Merry Christmas From The Family.

EDIT: I love this song and have been playing ALOT lately.

Elvis - Blue Christmas, I'll Be Home For Christmas, and Merry Christmas Baby

Temptations - Silent Night (Best...Version...EVER!)

Eagles - Please Come Home For Christmas

When I were a pup, my first love serenaded me with

The Carpenters - Merry Christmas Darling.

I didn't appreciate it as much at the time. You know, young and dumb.......

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo Trans Siberian Orchestra - (If TSO is in your area this Xmas go get tickets) :cheers:

My whole family go every year heading up to DC next weekend to see them

Great show. Hell my 3 year old loves them he sits in the stands bobbing his head and enjoying the lights

Wasn't it silent night that the soliders on boths sides stopped to sing in WWII? Is there another Christmas song that has had such an impact so in tune with the spirit of Christmas? Given that history and I that I like it, it get's my vote.

my favorite is "Christmastime is Here" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio. Its from the Peanuts Christmas special, and the entire soundtrack to that show is just beautiful. Highly recommend anyone picking up a copy of it..

~Bang

I agree with this entire post

I can't believe I forgot Christmas Shoes.

Makes me sad every time I hear it. If something like that happened to me I would have paid for the whole thing and gave the kid some money to bring home.:cry:

No offense, but Christmas Shoes may be the worst Christmas song ever. It gives me the douchiest of douche chills. A kid wants to buy shoes on Xmas eve with his penny jar for his mother so she looks good when she DIES and meets Jesus....TONIGHT!!!!!

AUGH!!!!!

Its like a lifetime movie or something.

No offense, but Christmas Shoes may be the worst Christmas song ever. It gives me the douchiest of douche chills. A kid wants to buy shoes on Xmas eve with his penny jar for his mother so she looks good when she DIES and meets Jesus....TONIGHT!!!!!

AUGH!!!!!

Its like a lifetime movie or something.

Yeah I use to think so too until my Mom died of Cancer around Christmas........so yeah.:(

Wasn't it silent night that the soliders on boths sides stopped to sing in WWII? Is there another Christmas song that has had such an impact so in tune with the spirit of Christmas? Given that history and I that I like it, it get's my vote.

It was during WWI, here is the wiki article for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

They sang others, but Silent Night was confirmed it appears. Great story to point out though, I'm glad it happened.

Archived