Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little help please

Ax

I tried fishing in the Tailgate and didn't get any bites. So I'll try it here.

1. Would someone please tell an old man how to get a picture in my signature. A step by step example of exactly how to do it would be nice. Also, where do the pictures have to come from.

2. Everytime I try to vote in a poll I get a bulletin saying my session is invalid. Someone told me I might need to clear my cookies. Did that, still no go. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Well, I'll assume you know how to get to edit your sig (User CP -> Edit Profile). Anyhow, your next step is to find a picture you like. Then, preferably, you should save it and upload it to your own web hosting (ISPs like aol usually provide some space for you to do so). If you just link directly to an image on someone else's site there's the chance they could remove it or change it. So say there's a picture on ESPN that you want. Right click the picture, go to properties and there should be a line that says address. Highlight the address (the www part), copy it, and then paste it into your sig. Now you have to make it an image tag. so you have to put [ IMG]http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/i/nfl/clubhouse/was.gif[ /IMG] (except don't put the spaces in the part. If you've hosted it on your own web space just put that url in there. (I'm probably making this more complicated than it sounds, but I hope you get the idea. Not sure what to do about your second problem.

AX - What browser are you using? It seems a few people have had the same problem.

If you're using Internet Explorer.... try this and let me know if it helps.

- Log out of the site.

- Close down all your browser windows.

- Open a new browser. Go to TOOLS... then go to INTERNET OPTIONS.. then DELETE COOKIES... then DELETE FILES... the CLEAR HISTORY.... then go to SETTINGS... then click VIEW FILES... delete everything in that folder (ie. Temporary Internet Files)... then while you're still in SETTINGS... select the "Every time you start Internet Explorer"... then hit the OK button.

- Now come back to ExtremeSkins. Logon to your account and try to vote.

I need feedback to fix this problem once and for all :)

Die Hard, tried what you suggested. No change.

Don't know if this matters, but on the thread page in the column where the message icons go, on polls mine shows a white X in a red circle. Or is that just the poll icon?

Only other thing I see is that my HTML code is off. How do you turn it on? Or does it matter?

Thanks for working on this.

Archived