Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sore Throat Crew: Ravens- a guide for Skins fans

Walking Deadman

517MHHTRTDL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

RAVENS

Okay, so I'm a bit annoyed by the game day experience (including game day performance by our team) and still trying to get warm after the Giants loss.

So I have to say right now getting away from FedEx and going up to M&T next week is pretty much a blessing.

1. I don't have to get irritated by home team fans not showing up or the stadium getting filled with opposing team fans (in this case I want this to happen ;))

2. I don't have to have high expectations of a win (I always expect us to win at home, road not so much) even though we're playing better on the road than at home.

And it will be nice to tailgate with some of the other ESers and STC members

(see Mark the Homers thread in the Tailgate on the tailgate).

Before I start with the fun I would like to thank ESer and Raven fan Mista T for all the help and info. about the game, tickets etc.

Here's to a good game :cheers: and please don't take this thread too seriously ;)

Now to the fun.....

So have you ever been to M&T before?

(nope Deadman)

Ok, well there are alot of things that we and the Ravens share but are somewhat different, here's some examples:

Notice M&T stadium:

351719168_5b58bff123.jpg

a very beautiful stadium located in the war-zone that is called Baltimore City. (Note: Their seats are purple)

Compared to FedEx (insert comment here) which in located in Raljon/Hyattsville/Landover or whatever you feel like calling it today.

they have a jumbotron:

2101283979_72bf1022b8.jpg

which is nothing compared to our mighty jumbotron:

LiteBrite.gif

DEFENSE

We both have marching bands:

band1.jpg322784413_fd831d92f9.jpg

and cheerleaders:

05-150x150.jpgmasn_events_cheerleaders.jpg

The Ravens do have a mascot(s)- we don't:

medium_barney.jpg...ooops I mean........EdgarAllanandPoe.jpg

and of course there are the fans:

610x.jpg

But what will suprise you the most maybe is the player entrances. Sure there are player entrances- the Redskins have a pretty cool one. But it is not The Entrance (yes, that's what Ravens fans call it or at least they did around me;)). It's Ray Lewis coming out WWE style and dancing for the crowd. And he does like to dance. A sack, a tackle, when somebody else makes a tackle, a penatly, your mom's birthday......it's dancing time!!!

Here are some examples:

ray-lewis.jpg

(I just saved $20 by switching to Geico....Yay!!!!!)

Jason Taylor should do well here.

Matter of fact the Ray Lewis phenomenon caught on so much that Disney actually made an animated movie after the Ravens Superbowl championship.

(If you don't click another link today, you must click this one!!!!!)

Well, that's about everything you need to know when going to M&T (except that when the Ravens make a 1st down they chant "Move those chains" but hopefully you won't see that much on Sunday :))

Early weather predictions:

High of 43

Low of 32

Precip chance: 10%

So 12th Man, my fellow STCers- I hope you can also make the trip, have some fun and make some noise. What the hell, I'm tired of being pissed off and frustrated by the Skins. Worst case: at least they don't lose another home game this week.:cheers:

Here's our Sore Throat Crew going behind enemy lines, Feel free to become a member (all are welcome).

Members of the ES Sore Throat Crew at M&T:

100- skinslove<3, RememberOsaka

101- jimmybredskins, TankRizzo

102- Misterwookas

103- Fightin4Dixie

105- skinfan2k

107 - DUPA

109- Captain47

115 - redskindan07

118 - ybnorml, Brydan The Hitman

129- GOSKINS 08

130 - Mark The Homer,teddy833

133- mrredskinDgreen

134 - lyon514

141 - RedskinsNation

148- Merlin Emrys

200's- RFKFedEx

234- Tastes Like Chicken, Ben (TLC)

244- mhensli

235- C Horton Hit

511- swhit117

512- Skizinz4life

528- Cooooley47

538- evan3401

552 - Walking Deadman, superdan045 (Raven)

Somewhere at M&T- WSHRedskins3ATLBraves3, Godfather151981, paige3girl, jpaulwhite, Popeman38, Clinton "F'n" Portis, jweisk1

There are more ESers coming, I know Mark the Homer, Captain Kaos, TLC and a few other are going.....

BTW: If you're interested in attending the tailgate that ES/RR is doing here is the Mark the Homer talking about the lot, directions etc. here's the link:

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=234317

We're still working out who's bringing what......but hopefully there weill be a new thread about that soon.

There are more ESers coming, I know Mark the Homer, Captain Kaos, TLC and a few other are going.....

BTW: If you're interested in attending the tailgate that ES/RR is doing here is the Mark the Homer talking about the lot, directions etc. here's the link:

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=234317

We're still working out who's bringing what......but hopefully there weill be a new thread about that soon.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it. Working on a ticket from a couple angles as we speak. I will update as soon as I'm confirmed one way or the other.

Chances are good that even if I dont get a ticket I will make it to the ES tailgate

Nice thread WD,

I was at the giants game also and was not cold at all, just a little wet.

You must not have done enough shots of Gentlemen Jack or didn't sneak your baggie of Captain Morgan in.

See me at the balt tailgate and I'll teach you how to keep warm.

We're in sec 118

Misterwookas is going to be part of the Extreme Skins crew. I am in Sec. 102, Row 3. I am staying at the Holdiay Inn on Lombard Street so I could walk if I wanted to but I think I am going to stick with the taxi. I went there for a Ravens/Cowboys preseason game back in '02 and that place gets congested around game time. Can't wait. I'll hit the ES tailgate to check out the other boys. Peace out!!!!

Archived