Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Switching up a little on the birthday beer. Perfect for a hot summer evening.

Yeah I thought it was great for that purpose as well a great session beer for those hot summer days/evenings. I know its a lager but I'd love to see the malt bill/yeast strain used since there is a bit of wheat (hefeweisen-like) finish. Overall I thought it was pretty tasty and my wife enjoyed it as well.

---------- Post added August-17th-2012 at 10:46 AM ----------

Last night I had a SixPoint Righteous Ale (Rye)

sixpoint-righteous-ale.jpg

Lightly roasted malt, rye, bread, caramel and light citrus hops all come together nicely on the nose. While some of my favorite rye-based beers tend to focus on the hops Sixpoint opted to go for a more balanced approach and the malts steal the show. It’s a deceptively easy drinking beer with a full and layered flavor profile. This might be one of the few rye beers that try to mesh the rye with malts rather than hops. I thought Sixpoint did a good job in that regard. So if you are looking at a different approach to handling rye malt this one is worth a try.

I haven't shifted over into the fall beers either.

But, another pumpkin ale I REALLY like is The Fear from Flying Dog:

http://flyingdogales.com/beers/#/Wild+Dog/The+Fear

]

Amen!!

From what I have heard, they just started brewing The Fear last week, it should be released in September. I'm not a fan of fruity beers, but I really really like this one, its not over pumpkined... I've heard Southern Tier Pumpking is the bomb diggity...

Amen!!

From what I have heard, they just started brewing The Fear last week, it should be released in September. I'm not a fan of fruity beers, but I really really like this one, its not over pumpkined... I've heard Southern Tier Pumpking is the bomb diggity...

Since a cold front just came through, and it should be chilly tomorrow night, I think I'll go hunting for that Southern Tier. It's my favorite fall beer.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

If you Hop Heads get the New Belgium "Lips of Faith" Series beers, go seek this one out.

20120809_221245_HDR.jpg

*Action figure and glass sold separately

The brewery they made this with, Alpine, makes the best IPAs on the planet, and it isn't even close. This is a decent representation of what they bring to the table with New Belgium putting a twist on it.

Fermented with real peaches, the natural fruit sugars and yeast make a tart, fizzy brew that’s almost Prosecco-like in flavor.

Ugh, I tried this at DFH about a month ago and I didn't like it at all- too sweet. I like fruity beers, but I wasn't a fan of this.

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA

AMAZING!!!

Who has tried this stuff?

I tried it at a brewery/restaurant last week when I was in San Diego. It was damn good!

Sebowski, have you been to Iron Fist brewing company in Vista before? Its like a mile away from my parents house and I really enjoyed a lot of their selection

I tried it at a brewery/restaurant last week when I was in San Diego. It was damn good!

Sebowski, have you been to Iron Fist brewing company in Vista before? Its like a mile away from my parents house and I really enjoyed a lot of their selection

I haven't tried everything of theirs as they've ben hit and miss with me. Really like their Imperial Stout "Velvet Glove" Still need to head up that way and check out the brewery.

What else did you like while you were out here?

I haven't tried everything of theirs as they've ben hit and miss with me. Really like their Imperial Stout "Velvet Glove" Still need to head up that way and check out the brewery.

What else did you like while you were out here?

Yes! Velvet Glove was my favorite beer of theirs that I tried. I also liked Dubblefisted and Uprising.

We also went to this brewing company, which was more of a restaurant called Backstreet Brewery in Vista. That's where I tried the Ballast Point which I really liked.

Also tried Firestone DBA at a restaurant in Solana Beach which I thought was really good. I'm not sure if they are local?

I didn't get a chance to go out to Escondido to Stone and we nearly went to Lost Abbey in San Marcos.

There is this really cool "Port and Pizza" place in Carlsbad that we went to. Next to the restaurant is a store with a ton of bottled beer selections. You can buy the beer by the bottle and then walk out back and drink them there. Or you can buy them and take them home. I thought that was really cool since I haven't seen anything like that here in VA

Edited by Skinz4Life12

Yesterday I had a draft version of

62c442a38cd1e27ed7138e405fc5f577_320x320.jpg

at the Capital Ale House in Harrisonburg. This is brewed by the Blue Mountain Brewery out of Afton, Virginia, started by the former master brewer from Chicago's Goose Island brewery.

I wish I had doublestrokeroll's ability to describe this wonderful beer. Hints of chocolate and orange (they use orange peel in the fermenting process), smooth, 6% ABV... in a word, delicious. Frankly, I had not heard of Blue Mountain Brewery, but I'll be looking out for their brews from now on.

And I would highly recommend Capital Ale House to anybody who finds themself in H-burg. (There are a couple of locations in VA besides Harrisonburg.) This view of the bar's beer taps is literally a beer lover's wet dream:

hdr-hburg.jpg

and the food was excellent too.