Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Ok, I'm the first to admit when I am wrong so here goes.

I reviewed a Corona Extra some time ago and I thought it tasted like socks, tonight I was eating at a Mexican resaurant and ordered una Corona, it came with the lime and against my better judgment I squeezed the lime into the bottle and then pushed the lime into the neck....I was wrong about not fruiting the beer, with Corona by all means fruit that puppy and enjoy your order of carnitas! After my 2nd Corona I was satisfied that with Corona I was wrong and with the lime it is perfect. Yes I am still a dark beer lover but Corona won me over as well tonight.

Haha that is funny. You have to have the lime. My friend from Mexico told me that they do this to the beer to keep the flies away. I prefer Modello over Corona and you add lime to Modello as well. Give it a try sometime.

Cheers

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 11:36 PM ----------

My favorite pilsner is Pilsner Urquell. http://www.pilsnerurquell.com/in

Does anyone else like this beer? Have you ever tried it? Pilsner Urquell is in my top 5 favorite beers.

My favorite pilsner is Pilsner Urquell. http://www.pilsnerurquell.com/in

Does anyone else like this beer? Have you ever tried it? Pilsner Urquell is in my top 5 favorite beers.

I didnt really like it when I tried it...of course, it was one of the first couple of beers I tried after I turned 21, so that might have had something to do with it.

If you like that, I suggest you try to find Golden Pheasant in your area...its from Slovakia :cheers:

Definitely have grown an affinity for theMarzen style, but man can they hit the wallet where it hurts. I go through them like crap through a goose.

Yuengling Traditional Lager reminds me of a Marzen/Octoberfest. Lighter kind of body, mild caramel malt, a really good session beer. If you can get past the American Lager label, the Yuengling is actually quite serviceable as a cheap replacement for a Marzen. Reminds me of a slightly lighter version of the Heavy Seas Marzen, for example. Except the Yuengling is $5 cheaper!

Yummy!

2_87943126_3.jpg

...But not far behind!

yuengling-lager.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

If you can get past the American Lager label, the Yuengling is actually quite serviceable as a cheap replacement for a Marzen. Reminds me of a slightly lighter version of the Heavy Seas Marzen, for example. Except the Yuengling is $5 cheaper!

Yummy![/img]

You are spot on! When the budget is less forgiving and you can't/don't want to go all-in on craft, Yuengling is a solid choice.

Question to the beer enthusiasts:

Sometimes when I'm enjoying a brew typically a lighter lager or such I get a stinging in my jaw, anyone know what that's about?

I think it's the pee ingredient. No but really I don't know the answer. If I had to speculate, you gotta think the light body/high carb helps. Like seltzer water. Also, those beers are brewed with corn. Pretty suspect.

Last night I scooped up some recently-'expired' Heavy Seas Marzen. Turned it in to a Trippel kind of flavor. Also picked up a DFH 120 and Heavy Seas Haarvest.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll