Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

DS, have you tried to Sierra Nevada Tumbler?

Very nice brown ale, one of my favorite fall beers so far this season.

Yeah, I'm trying to do the popular fall styles together, so I'll get to the brown ales soon. That's a good brown ale, Sierra Nevada delivers a range of consistently good beer. That's pretty much a given. They're like Dogfish Head's classy brother that lives on the West Coast.

Sierra_Nevada_Dogfish_Head_Life_Limb.jpg

I said it on the last page, I got me one of those beers (Life & Limb) :) Cost me $15, but couldn't pass up a collaboration by those two breweries.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Yeah, I'm trying to do the popular fall styles together, so I'll get to the brown ales soon. That's a good brown ale, Sierra Nevada delivers a range of consistently good beer. That's pretty much a given. They're like Dogfish Head's classy brother that lives on the West Coast.

I said it on the last page, I got me one of those beers (Life & Limb) :) Cost me $15, but couldn't pass up a collaboration by those two breweries.

I feel the same way about Sierra Nevada (DFH's classy brother lol). Lagunitas is in the same category for West Coast beers IMO. Where did you find this collaboration at? I would gladly shell out $15 to try that.

I feel the same way about Sierra Nevada (DFH's classy brother lol). Lagunitas is in the same category for West Coast beers IMO. Where did you find this collaboration at? I would gladly shell out $15 to try that.

Actually, the Soviet guy at my local deli put a small display of craft bombers up last month. Literally all of them I've never seen before in my life. That's where I got the New Belgium beers and it's where I got the Life & Limb. I really wanted to get a second bottle of it for immediate drinking because I'm determined to age the heck out of the bottle I have.

Yesterday I stopped there after work and it was sold out, so after crying, I picked up a bomber of New Belgium Trippel, and a six pack of Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon. The Trippel is for the pregame ceremonies and the Dubbel Cannon is for the game. :)

Yesterday I stopped there after work and it was sold out, so after crying, I picked up a bomber of New Belgium Trippel, and a six pack of Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon. The Trippel is for the pregame ceremonies and the Dubbel Cannon is for the game. :)

Good call :D

I'm going to have to swing up to your neck of the woods if you keep posting awesome finds like that!!

I love this time of year for beer.

amen! i picked up a 6 pack of the flying dog, dogtoberfest this weekend it is delicious! highly recommend to anyone who likes octoberfest beers.

also can't wait to try the seasonal seirra nevada that my local convenient store is stocking. and of course some harvest moon from blue moon

Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon (Belgian Style IPA)

Aroma and flavor generally mimic one another - A lot of yeasts/breads/toast, also getting some wood notes, not sure if this was barrel aged or what. Seems like it. You can taste the Loose Cannon IPA in this. It's a cool mix, but personally I'd rather just have the Loose Cannon or a good Belgian.

Heavy+Seas+Dubbel+Cannon+Belgian+Style+IPA_2.JPG

Anyone else love pumpkin beer as much as I do? I tried Southern Tier's Pumpking Ale this weekend. $10.99 for a 22 oz. beer, but totally worth it. The taste/smell is pretty strong, but the beer is 8.6% ABV, clearly not a beer you drink all night. (Not that anyone can afford to anyway). I highly recommend just trying it once. Totally worth the price.

pumking-ale.jpg

The Pumking is the best fall seasonal beer I've ever tasted. I went to the really nice beer store up the street today and got Southern Teir's other fall seasonal, the "Harvest." Also picked up a couple beers I've never heard of before. Porterhouse Oyster Stout and a Uerige Doppelsticke (German import). Also got a bottle of Orval :)

what are some of your favorite blueberry beers? I had one in Maine that I loved and it was on tap, but I cant remember the name...it smelled just like fresh blueberries :drool:

-----

edit: here it is - Sea Dog is the brand.

Man, that is my fiancee's favorite beer. She loads up on it when we go to Total Wine. It is very good for a fruity beer.

Sea Dog also makes a good Apricot beer and a good IPA.

Not a bad list, but IMO missing some notables .

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/27/25-most-alcoholic-american-beers-from-samuel-adams-to-dogfish-head.html

Primarily Samuel Adam's Utopias.

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which varies from batch to batch due to the variations in the barrels (8.5-12%), same with the Jefferson's Reserve Stout.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/27/25-most-alcoholic-american-beers-from-samuel-adams-to-dogfish-head.html

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which varies from batch to batch due to the variations in the barrels (8.5-12%), same with the Jefferson's Reserve Stout.

I never get how they get beers over 20% alcohol (unless they distill the beer after fermentation, but that would make the product liquor)...I wonder what yeast they use for fermentation because as soon as a beer reaches ~20% most of the standard brewing yeast will die. They must have strains that can tolerate high alcohol that are not available to us homebrewers.

I never get how they get beers over 20% alcohol (unless they distill the beer after fermentation, but that would make the product liquor)...I wonder what yeast they use for fermentation because as soon as a beer reaches ~20% most of the standard brewing yeast will die. They must have strains that can tolerate high alcohol that are not available to us homebrewers.

I think Sam Adam's has a write up on how they make Utopias somewhere...lemmie check.

Yep.

http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-detail.aspx?id=f2f5d102-82aa-4971-ba34-452dc736573c

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

They left out the best one

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16866/51257