Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

That's my #1 choice.

It's good and cheap..at least it is here.

Here's something that sucks: it's very hard to find on the West Coast (in fact, I don't think I've EVER seen it in a liquor or grocery store). I'm sure some 'specialty' places might stock it but I only came across it because my g/f was born & raised in PA. I was on a biz trip late last year and ordered it every time I went out. It's terrific.

Oh man,so many great ones. In the winter it's an Old Rasputin from North Coast Brewing Co. and in the summer it's gotta be Steinlager.

Steinlager! That brings back some 1980's memories for me. Didn't they have the little ceramic cap on some of the bottles that you could re-affix? Good stuff.

I'm confused, see.

So far, since I've turned 21, I haven't been able to find a beer I like.

Is it an acquired taste or something? Mixed drinks are fine, but damn.. how can you drink something that tastes so damn nasty?

Any draught emporiums in your area? Because that's the place to go if you want to find a beer you like. The one I go to near me has nearly 300 beers available. Several beers I had never heard of before entered my top 10 favorite list. :cool:

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I've never had Yuengling. Perhaps bc I tend to dislike all things Pennsylvanian?

I'm like that too. But Yuengling is just a solid good beer. You can never go wrong.

I deployed with a unit from PA and couldn't stand them. All Steelers/Eagles fans. Then I met my fiance. Half her family is from PA and Steeler fans!:mad:

I think The High Life is different than just regular Miller. Its called the "Champagne of Beer" for a reason :drool:

That guy's voice makes me want one now...I dont know why

Don't worry Scott, at some point your tastes in beer will develop and you will realize that Miller High Life is an average beer at best.

Don't worry Scott, at some point your tastes in beer will develop and you will realize that Miller High Life is an average beer at best.

**** no! That **** is good. I loves me the pilsner style. Bud Select tastes like ****...too bitter. Amstel gets nasty after a while. Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois is ok.

Edited by SKINSFAN89

These are always on the top of my list, in no particular order:

Spaten

Kostriber Black Lager

yuengling

Guinness

Smithwicks - A Guinness company

Leinenkugel Sunseat Wheat

Paulaner

Not a big IPA fan.

it's actually "kostritzer". we had that junx on tap at my restaurant until a couple months ago. such a great beer. deceptively light tasting for such a dark beer.

HITACHINO is where it's at for me now. i went to this beer dinner we had recently where that was the featured brewery and it was amazing.

I'm confused, see.

So far, since I've turned 21, I haven't been able to find a beer I like.

Is it an acquired taste or something? Mixed drinks are fine, but damn.. how can you drink something that tastes so damn nasty?

Thats how I was when I started drinking. Don't start out with the really dark, full-flavored beers. I started out with watered down beers like Keystone Light or Coors Light until I began to like the taste. Also, Shiner Bock is glorious if it's around you. Actually nearly any kind of Shiner is good.

Thats how I was when I started drinking. Don't start out with the really dark, full-flavored beers. I started out with watered down beers like Keystone Light or Coors Light until I began to like the taste. Also, Shiner Bock is glorious if it's around you. Actually nearly any kind of Shiner is good.

haha I don't think I ever "liked" the taste of Keystone Light or Coors. I just got used to it, so I'll drink it if it's the only thing available. And a big QFT to the Shiner comment. Shiner is terrific. I love having one of those extra cold 40 oz mugs of Shiner. Mmmmm

Shiner Black is also up there on my list.

Here is my question. On St. Paddy's, why the hell do people drink green-colored american beer instead of just drinking Guiness?

They say on St Paddy's, everyone is Irish. Well Irish people never drink green colored american beer. Irish people drink Guiness.

Last night was the first time I've ever had Guiness and I was impressed. Its pretty smooth! I'd get it again.