Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I like their Belgian white

Lol! My bad dude. Whatever is good to you is good to you. You might hate a beer I love. In fact, I'm sure you do. I drink some real crap sometimes man. A lot of crappy beer. Here, I have a 12 pack of Miller High Life in my fridge. I like it. I'm sure EVERYONE HERE LOVES IT.

So it's just my opinion. In fact, I shouldn't have said it was crap. It's not bad. I'd drink it if it was in a cooler...shidddd

My parents brought me two beers by St. George out of Hampton, VA tonight. Tried the nut brown tonight, haven't gotten to the golden ale yet.

The nut brown was very smooth and drinkable while also having good flavor and body. Would definitely recommend as a slightly darker beer that still has that drinkability factor. Malts more than hops in this one, but a nice balance.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest craft brewery in Atlanta, Sweet-Water [stupid profanity filters], had a pretty big theft from their brewery recently, when 2 flatbed trucks (carrying some 6,500+ cases) were stolen.  All of the beer has been recovered (but will be destroyed  :( ).  Timeline:

•  

• http://beerstreetjournal.com/great-swee****er-beer-heist-timeline/

• 6/20 4:00 am –  The overnight shift finished loading refrigerated trucks with newly packaged beer. One truck was to be transported across the street for Tackle Box re-pack (which is done manually). The second, destined for United Distributors.
    • 6/21 9:00 am – The crew discovers two flatbed trucks are missing, alerts the office staff.
    • 6/21 10:00 am – Atlanta Police contacted
    • Noon – Swee****er contacts Marten, the flatbed owners, pull the GPS coordinates, divulging everywhere the trailer has been since leaving the brewery.
    • 3 pm – Both trailers discovered, abandoned in separate locations in south Atlanta.
    • 5 pm(ish) – Using the GPS history, 10 pallets out of the 40 missing are found in a random warehouse.
    • 6/22 – Tipster contacts Swee****er. A man approached her on the street, attempting to sell her Swee****er beer. The information is passed to Atlanta Police. Surveillance footage catches the alleged salesman, driving in  a yellow truck cab (pic below).
    • 6/23 – Swee****er contacts a private investigator, who works with the Southeastern Transportation Security Council, and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations Major Theft Unit. Those folks begin assisting the APD. Within 24 hours, the remaining 30 pallets are located.
    • 6/29 – The beer comes home to the brewery. Special thanks to the APD, GBI special agents and Cargo Theft Investigator Bob Hastings of SETSC, who tracked down the remaining stolen beer.

The link further makes a good point:  "Stealing two flatbed trucks isn’t exactly a crime of opportunity. You need at least one 18-wheeler truck cab (if not two in this instance.) Plus pallet jacks, forklifts, and a few extra hands to pull this off fairly quickly."

But if you're planning this sort of thing, don't you also think about how you're going to sell it?  Trying to sell cases to random people on the street doesn't seem like the best plan for moving 80,000 bottles of beer

Some of the recovered goods:

SweetWater-Beer-Theft-1.jpg?resize=690%2

Edited by Bliz

Got a free case of Yuengling Summer Wheat from work, and a case of Harpoon summer pack, 4 different beers, UFO and their IPA I remember off the top of my head, some sort of new mango ipa and I forget the fourth one, coworkers say the summer wheat tastes like ass, so ill give 3/4 of the case to neighbors and take the remaining 6 pack to a party this sunday along with some of the harpoon lol

Edited by DButz65

• 4 weeks later...

What ever happened to Red Dog Beer?

I guess it got swallowed up with Icehouse and Beast as Miller's cheaper beers?

I had some Jailbreak 19th Hole (with black tea and lemon) and it's amazing on first few sips and then kinda meh. Would drink it at a cookout but probably not buy it again for myself.

• Like 1

DC Brau is starting to produce some really good imperial ipas (wings of armaggedon) and dipas (space reaper). These beers could stand up to any national heavy weight imo and to have them local and super fresh (when you can find them) is a blessing.

Highly recommend both. I wish they would up the production.  

Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Yes, it's why I drink more than ever before.

Desolate ass place, no character. But there's beer!

*Hiccup*...

There WAS beer...

LOL I've been there, first time I ever witnessed a sandstorm, heh and I was there during OU OSU week, fun times

DC Brau is starting to produce some really good imperial ipas (wings of armaggedon) and dipas (space reaper). These beers could stand up to any national heavy weight imo and to have them local and super fresh (when you can find them) is a blessing.

Highly recommend both. I wish they would up the production.  

They have always made great beers, my 2nd fav brewery in the dc region! First is Old Bust Head, aka OBH

The new wise and lovely from DC Brau is the bomb, im not sure if they consider it a stout or a porter but dang!!

My favorite beer of theirs is their El Heffe Speaks hefeweizen, best hefeweizen ive ever had IMO

You can find the beers youre referring to easily on draft in the dc/va region, I work for the distributor that carries their beer

Edited by DButz65

LOL I've been there, first time I ever witnessed a sandstorm, heh and I was there during OU OSU week, fun times

They have always made great beers, my 2nd fav brewery in the dc region! First is Old Bust Head, aka OBH

The new wise and lovely from DC Brau is the bomb, im not sure if they consider it a stout or a porter but dang!!

My favorite beer of theirs is their El Heffe Speaks hefeweizen, best hefeweizen ive ever had IMO

You can find the beers youre referring to easily on draft in the dc/va region, I work for the distributor that carries their beer

I never heard of OBH, im gonna look them up. I do not get into DC much at all except to make a beer run to Rodmans. 

As a distributor, can we track your truck when you have rare beers (KBS, hopslam) like we used to track Snyders jet number? Can a case fall off the back of your truck? opps!

Yeah, Wise and Lovely was a damn good stout but I thought it was a one time release collab w Cigar City a few months back. They were sold as 1 part of a really tasty variety 6 pack. I wish could have cellar'd a couple for winter time. I just couldnt stop drinking them. 

Ocelot - I asked them when they would be brewing a new batch of Talking Backwards and they said in February. I dont get it. You are a local brewery, you have this amazing world class recipe .... and you limit brewing to once a year? They did say in mid august they are coming out with a new beer called 3 Lovers and its supposed to be really really good. 

------------

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?

plank-road-brewing-company-red-dog-lager

What ever happened to Red Dog Beer?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ahhh...the memories....I used to drink that **** back in college....thanks for the hangovers Red Dog!!

I went to Jailbreak Brewery in Laurel, MD a few weeks ago....nice taproom and easy to get to....the $8/slice pizza truck in the parking lot was a little pricey.  Had a good time and enjoyed Feed the Monkey (Hefe), Big Punisher (Double IPA), Southern Cross (kolsch)....decent beers.  Not the greatest ever but I enjoyed the afternoon.  Worth a stop if you are in that area.

I never heard of OBH, im gonna look them up. I do not get into DC much at all except to make a beer run to Rodmans. 

As a distributor, can we track your truck when you have rare beers (KBS, hopslam) like we used to track Snyders jet number? Can a case fall off the back of your truck? opps!

Yeah, Wise and Lovely was a damn good stout but I thought it was a one time release collab w Cigar City a few months back. They were sold as 1 part of a really tasty variety 6 pack. I wish could have cellar'd a couple for winter time. I just couldnt stop drinking them. 

Ocelot - I asked them when they would be brewing a new batch of Talking Backwards and they said in February. I dont get it. You are a local brewery, you have this amazing world class recipe .... and you limit brewing to once a year? They did say in mid august they are coming out with a new beer called 3 Lovers and its supposed to be really really good. 

------------

OBH isnt in DC, its in Warrenton VA

We dont carry Bells sorry, call Hop n Wine lol

Yea the Wise and lovely was a collaboration , too damn bad if you ask me lol!

Ocelot, we dont carry either lol

Off the top of my head we carry....

Old Ox Brewing

Atlas Brewing

Heritage Brewing

Old Bust Head

DC Brau

3 Stars Brewing

Fairwinds (lorton va) gold medal winner at least years big shin dig in Colorado (sirens lure)

And I sure as hell am forgetting some, hey im up late every night then up early heh

National crafts

Flying Dog

Laguanitas

Stone

Sierra Nevada

Foothills

Coney Island

Not Your Fathers

Deschutes

Anchor Steam

New Belgium

Brekenridge

And I sure as hell am forgetting some, hey im up late every night then up early heh

Edited by DButz65
  • Like 1

:lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh...the memories....I used to drink that **** back in college....thanks for the hangovers Red Dog!!

I went to Jailbreak Brewery in Laurel, MD a few weeks ago....nice taproom and easy to get to....the $8/slice pizza truck in the parking lot was a little pricey. Had a good time and enjoyed Feed the Monkey (Hefe), Big Punisher (Double IPA), Southern Cross (kolsch)....decent beers. Not the greatest ever but I enjoyed the afternoon. Worth a stop if you are in that area.

Been meaning to check it out.

I like the Big Punisher, and want to try some of their other beers but they're pricey. I'd like to sample a few, before dropping $12.00+ for a sixer.

How much were the pints and, how was the $8.00 pizza?