Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Tried the Guinness Nitro IPA tonight. It was fine, nice creamy texture, but not something I care enough about to pay extra for. Not sure I'll bother with the Sam Adams, which seemed to be in 4-bangers from what I could see, unless the reports on the coffee stout are really good. (The liquor store by me was sold out of the coffee version today.)

The Guinness Nitro IPA is a little better on tap than in a can/bottle, but not much... you just get a little more of the cascading effect when poured and its slightly crisper, but if I want something like that I'll have a normal Guinness. No one in any of my 130 accounts has put the new Sam Nitro on tap, thus far, its been out for almost 2 months now, and thank god cause if someone wants in on a line that had a lager or something, we have to run a whole new air line in the cooler to tap into the nitro line on the blend box, PITA lol

Edited by DButz65

Tried the Guinness Nitro IPA tonight. It was fine, nice creamy texture, but not something I care enough about to pay extra for. Not sure I'll bother with the Sam Adams, which seemed to be in 4-bangers from what I could see, unless the reports on the coffee stout are really good. (The liquor store by me was sold out of the coffee version today.)

i tried the guinness nitro a couple of months ago. i love IPAs, but that one was either oxidized, or its just made like a wheat beer. ive had oxidized sixers of flying dog, but never guinness, so, i dunno. 

Mother earth is out here in northern va, but Ive only seen it like twice in two years, and I work in the beer biz lol a small distributor that has mainly craft beers carries it

Finally got some of the coney island orange creme ale last night, hated it! I'll stick with the root

beer by them which is amazing

Edited by DButz65

Mother earth is out here in northern va, but Ive only seen it like twice in two years, and I work in the beer biz lol a small distributor that has mainly craft beers carries it

Finally got some of the coney island orange creme ale last night, hated it! I'll stick with the root

beer by them which is amazing

Here in TX, I've seen Not Your Father's Rootbeer, Coney Island Root Beer, and Best Damn Rootbeer. Of those, I've only had the Not Your Father's. How's the Coney Island compare?

Here in TX, I've seen Not Your Father's Rootbeer, Coney Island Root Beer, and Best Damn Rootbeer. Of those, I've only had the Not Your Father's. How's the Coney Island compare?

NYF tastes like they added too much syrup to me, and I LOVE sweet things, I thought it was way overboard with a weird aftertaste.

Coney Island is like a really good non alcoholic root beer to my pallet, goes down smooth and tastes like regular root beer, which is dangerous. I havent tried Best Damn Rootbeer yet, I tend to try everything we carry/distribute lol which is NYF and Coney Island

Having an "On the Wings of Armageddon" from DC Brau while waiting for the Super Bowl. If I have too many of these I won't remember much of the game!

Goes down smooth though!

I love DC Braus beers, they are having a 5 year anniversary party soon  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1083919

Edited by DButz65

Had the Samuel Adams nitro coffee stout on Super Bowl Sunday. Really really good drinking experience. The nitro bomb worked, releasing those silky, creamy bubbles for a smooooooth mouth feel. Just the right touch of coffee at the front end. Yay Sam Adams.

They also have a Nitro White Ale. I will now try that too.

To me, NYF's is an IBC root beer while Best Damn is closer to an A&W root beer. Haven't tried Coney Island yet.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone went to Jailbreak in Laurel. one of their beers won an award at the Great American Beer Fest. 

Big fan of Jailbreak. The brewery and tasting room are real sharp. And the beers are excellent. The Welcome to Scoville Jalepeno IPA is one of my favorite local brews. They also do canning for a couple breweries up in PA, most notably Liquid Hero in York which has some really good stuff.

Edited by KingJeremy

I've been drinking so much beer. My craft days have BEEN on hold, ever since I switched from my good-paying job to my new career, which pays very little. I thought switching to something I was passionate about would be more rewarding/make it feel like I'm not really "working", but it's been a different story. I'm moving on up to a totally different position though, so maybe the work life (and craft beer) I seek will come to fruition.

Any of you who know me in this thread, KNOW that I pretty much enjoy all beer. Which is why I'm fine with drinking cheap malt liquor and "Ice" beers. I've been slammin' em, Padre, and I love 'em. Drank 30 regular Busch beers in one night last week. Took me 3 days to recover. Don't want to do that again. I drank 12 Natty Ices and 6 Steel Reserves last night. Feel fine today. Funny how the lighter beers make me feel worse the next day than the heavier ones. Dunno what it is. 6 Miller Lights make me feel crappier than 18 beers 5.9% and above.

Me: "I'm going to not drink from the day after the Superbowl until Baseball season!"

Craft Beer Industry: "MUAH HAHAHAHAHAHA! Did you see that Nugget Nectar is out? Bell's is bringing Hop Slam to the DC AREA! Don't you love this late Spring like weather in early March? Perfect of sitting outside and drinking frosty high alcohol beverages..."

• Like 2

I've been drinking so much beer. My craft days have BEEN on hold, ever since I switched from my good-paying job to my new career, which pays very little. I thought switching to something I was passionate about would be more rewarding/make it feel like I'm not really "working", but it's been a different story. I'm moving on up to a totally different position though, so maybe the work life (and craft beer) I seek will come to fruition.

Any of you who know me in this thread, KNOW that I pretty much enjoy all beer. Which is why I'm fine with drinking cheap malt liquor and "Ice" beers. I've been slammin' em, Padre, and I love 'em. Drank 30 regular Busch beers in one night last week. Took me 3 days to recover. Don't want to do that again. I drank 12 Natty Ices and 6 Steel Reserves last night. Feel fine today. Funny how the lighter beers make me feel worse the next day than the heavier ones. Dunno what it is. 6 Miller Lights make me feel crappier than 18 beers 5.9% and above.

Its the ****ty ingredients in light beers

Whoa. Slamming 30 beers and being sick for three days.  Then one week later, downing 18 beers in a night? It sounds like you have a problem.  Seriously. 

• Like 2

I'm hoping you can drink it with whisky!

Hints of cola/carmel with a very smooth more noticeable but not overwhelming cherry taste on the back end. Pretty damn good. Liking it better then I did their Root Beer.

Whoa. Slamming 30 beers and being sick for three days. Then one week later, downing 18 beers in a night? It sounds like you have a problem. Seriously.

30 beer thing was a challenge I accepted. Wasn't because I needed to get that drunk. I don't remember drinking the last 2, lol. The 18 beers was because my tolerance has skyrocketed. I've been chillin on 4-8 beers since then. Not every day, either. Like me some beer, what can I say?

Just found & picked this up while hunting for something else. :)

Finally tried the Best Damn Root Beer. Tastes exactly like root beer, can barely notice the alcohol, or any hops, barley, malt, ect. Like me some root beer, so it's a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Polish company to brew beer from Czech model's vagina bacteria

WARSAW, Poland, March 30 (UPI) -- A Poland-based company is crowdfunding to raise money for its latest venture: beer brewed using lactic acid bacteria from the vagina of a Czech model.

Warsaw-based The Order of Yoni -- "Yoni" being a Sanskrit word for "vagina" -- is seeking to raise about $170,000 with an IndieGoGo campaign for Bottled Instinct, a beer brewed using lactic acid bacteria collected from the vagina of Alexandra Brendlova.

"We have discovered a process of transmission of her essence of her femininity, her instincts by isolation of lactic acid bacteria from her vagina," the company says in a YouTube video promoting the campaign. "Our laboratory isolates and multiplies the bacteria in a safe way."

The company uses hyper-sexualized language to describe the end product.

"Imagine a woman of your dreams, your object of desire. Her charm, her sensuality, her passion... Try her taste, feel her smell, hear her voice... Imagine her massaging you passionately and whispering into your ear everything you want. Now free your fantasies and imagine that with a magic wand you can close it in one bottle of beer," the IndiGoGo page reads.

Click on the link for the full article