Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Having some Guinness Blondes for the first time. It's a session brew for sure, I feel like chugging it. A decent little hop bite, a very small yeast note, heavy with the grains. It's not that much of a step above mass produced lagers. This is the second time a label looks better than the beer tastes. Classy label (I collect them). Although, the Guinness Blonde is actually a reasonably fun beer to drink. That DuClaw Naked Fish is almost a task to drink.

GuinnessBlonde_FeaturedIM2.png

I think the blonde is very good...

Smithwicks is coming out with a ale version of their beer, very limited at first, but I think my first account putting it on tap is Murphys in old town alexandria ... monday morning Im supposed to hook it up, cleaning the lines there at 6:30am lol will have to see if its better on tap than in the bottle. We got to try it at a meeting last week that one of our suppliers attended, it wasnt bad, but wasnt like "wow" either, guinness blonde is better heh

Edited by DButz65

I think the blonde is very good...

Smithwicks is coming out with a ale version of their beer, very limited at first, but I think my first account putting it on tap is Murphys in old town alexandria ... monday morning Im supposed to hook it up, cleaning the lines there at 6:30am lol will have to see if its better on tap than in the bottle. We got to try it at a meeting last week that one of our suppliers attended, it wasnt bad, but wasnt like "wow" either, guinness blonde is better heh

What's funny is I was at Murphy's at the beginning of January and asked if they had the Guniness Blonde. Said they wouldn't carry it because it was horrible.

What's funny is I was at Murphy's at the beginning of January and asked if they had the Guniness Blonde. Said they wouldn't carry it because it was horrible.

At a Skins game, I struck up a conversation with a guy who sets up the taps at Fedex. Not sure if he was a distributor, or what.

He said that the Blonde was Guiness' answer to trendy beers and felt that it wouldn't be around too long. He said that it's brewed in PA, and that he didn't care for it.

I tried it too, and don't care for it either. It tasted like a mediocre lager..

At a Skins game, I struck up a conversation with a guy who sets up the taps at Fedex. Not sure if he was a distributor, or what.

He said that the Blonde was Guiness' answer to trendy beers and felt that it wouldn't be around too long. He said that it's brewed in PA, and that he didn't care for it.

I've never had it. But I figured if an Irish bar wouldn't carry something Guiness related, it can't be great

Heading up to the Hell with the Lid off Barleywine Festival in Pittsburgh next weekend. Should be 80 or so different barleywines available as well as vertical tastings. Should be pretty fun. I have 3 hours to taste as many barleywines as possible while trying to not drink so much I cant taste the beer. I have quite a challenge ahead of me. Though at least there will be a good buffet available, so hopefully I can eat a lot to soak up all that alcohol.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Yea and the one manager likes shocktop better than blue moon and they save like $10 per keg ordering shock top, so whats that say about their taste in beer? lolz They go through about 80 kegs a week there! Just from one distributor who i work for (but we do have most of the beer there on tap) They are not strapped for $ or anything hahah

I doubt it was a distributor as the one that carrys Guinness in that region is based out of baltimore (fpwinner) and was always lazy as hell when I used to work in MD... was probably a 3rd party person

Edited by DButz65

Does Track 7 brewery get any distribution out there on the east coast? They are most known for their Panic IPA.  They just opened a brewery in my location and released a special blood orange IPA.  I got a growler filled of it, drinking it now, and holy moly I really like it.

Does Track 7 brewery get any distribution out there on the east coast? They are most known for their Panic IPA.  They just opened a brewery in my location and released a special blood orange IPA.  I got a growler filled of it, drinking it now, and holy moly I really like it.

Not that I am aware of, we dont carry it, and we have like 69-70% of the market in our territories which is most of va, dc, and some parts of md. But we do have parent companies in other east coast states (reyes holdings beverage groups) and im sure the product in those states vary.

p.s. the closest thing to sacramento that we carry is Anchor Brewing in San Fran :)>

Edited by DButz65

Cool web page "Seek a Brew":

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

Click a brewery and the U.S. map shows where they distribute.

Clicked for Devil's Backbone, which seems to have wedged its way into every restaurant and pub in Virginia and has taken over shelf space at all the Giant Food stores in NoVA.  But according to this site, they are still limited to Virginia and Maryland distribution.

I was surprised that Bell's, out of Comstock Michigan, maker of Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Oberon, is not nationwide yet.

Another favorite, Great Lakes Brewing Company out of Cleveland, is limited geographically as well.  (Though oddly, and incorrectly, it shows no distribution for Virginia.)