Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Finally got around to picking up the Flying Dog Holiday Collection variety pack. Has 12 beers inspired by Otterbein cookies. There's an Oatmeal Raisin Stout, Peanu Brown Ale, Ginger Scotch Ale and Imperial Hefeweizen. Had high hopes for the Oatmeal Raisin, but didn't taste like Oatmeal or raisin. Wasn't bad though, just not as good as I was hoping for.

picked up a sixer of Karbach's seasonal Mother in Lager

pretty good with dark german malts ,bit too sweet for my tastes but perhaps as it warms it will bring up the bitter.....a very pleasant brew

have to try some of their other brews, the Hellfighter seems my style

So there are two beers now that I've found I enjoy more if I drink them right from the bottle instead of pouring them into a glass. Mostly I like to pour my beers. So it's weird to me, but I've tried these two beers both ways a couple of times and the straight from-the-bottle experience is better for me.

The beers are Dogfish Head's Namiste  and Flying Dog's Bloodline IPA.  

Anybody else prefer certain beers straight from the bottle instead of pouring them into the glass? 

• Like 1

I picked up the Southern Tier 2X-MAS, it was really good. It had a lot of different flavors but it was really good. Not as sweet as the Pumking they put out but had a lot of good flavors. They sell a 6 pack of it and it ran about $12. So will take my time with those.

DSCN8779-1024x766.jpg

Also picked up Great Lake Christmas. Haven't tried it yet. Will hopefully be able to open up a few tonight.

great-lakes-christmas-ale.jpg

And yea Matt i like White Christmas a lot. 

• Like 1

I love my work Secret Santa.

I drew a Cowboys fan (but good guy) who asked for Mountain Dew Code Red and Cowboys/Terps/Orioles stuff.  I got him a cool & dry style Terps shirt and a 12-pack of Mountain Dew.  I spelled out "Cowboys Suck!" on the bottom of the cans and gave them to the kids to give to him one at a time so he could unscramble them to find his holiday greeting. :)

Whoever drew me got me this:

harpoon%20snowed%20in.JPG

• Like 2

So there are two beers now that I've found I enjoy more if I drink them right from the bottle instead of pouring them into a glass. Mostly I like to pour my beers. So it's weird to me, but I've tried these two beers both ways a couple of times and the straight from-the-bottle experience is better for me.

The beers are Dogfish Head's Namiste and Flying Dog's Bloodline IPA.

Anybody else prefer certain beers straight from the bottle instead of pouring them into the glass?

Beers I love to drink from the bottle are Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Guinness Extra Stout, Yuengling Black & Tan, Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat.

Interesting you like the Bloodline from the bottle.

Beers I love to drink from the bottle are Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Guinness Extra Stout, Yuengling Black & Tan, Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat.

Interesting you like the Bloodline from the bottle.

Sam Adams Boston Lager still thrills me in a glass.  That may sound weird, but that beer was my first introduction to a beer that wasn't a mass produced, pale colored Budmillercoors.  And it was in Boston, at Faneuil Hall Market at an outdoor section of a bar.  I was in town there for a wedding, and we decided to try this beer advertised on the table tents. It was 1988 or 89.  The waitress brought them out and poured.  It was a revelation to see it, and the wonder continued when I tasted it.  There was no going back. 

I still come back to Sam Adams.  It's a go-to beer, and pouring it brings me back to that spring day at Faneuil Hall.

• Like 1

Sam Adams Boston Lager still thrills me in a glass. That may sound weird, but that beer was my first introduction to a beer that wasn't a mass produced, pale colored Budmillercoors. And it was in Boston, at Faneuil Hall Market at an outdoor section of a bar. I was in town there for a wedding, and we decided to try this beer advertised on the table tents. It was 1988 or 89. The waitress brought them out and poured. It was a revelation to see it, and the wonder continued when I tasted it. There was no going back.

I still come back to Sam Adams. It's a go-to beer, and pouring it brings me back to that spring day at Faneuil Hall.

Ah, I can dig it. Boston Lager is legit. The first time I had it, I almost gagged. Was expecting the beer I was used to - american mass produced lagers. What a curveball, I was disgusted. A couple years later, my pallet had learned to accept crafties, and the Boston Lager really hit the spot. Dunno what it is, I enjoy it more out of the bottle. Think it's something to do with the narrow pour, hitting the tastebuds more directly. I'm really not sure. But one thing IS for sure, I'm craving it now.

Winter Lager is a lot like the Boston Lager, so I might as well get that this weekend.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ah, I can dig it. Boston Lager is legit. The first time I had it, I almost gagged. Was expecting the beer I was used to - american mass produced lagers. What a curveball, I was disguisted. A couple years later, my pallet had learned to accept crafties, and the Boston Lager really hit the spot. Dunno what it is, I enjoy it more out of the bottle. Think it's something to do with the narrow pour, hitting the tastebuds more directly. I'm really not sure. But one thing IS for sure, I'm craving it now.

Winter Lager is a lot like the Boston Lager, so I might as well get that this weekend.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I've been a big fan of Alagash Belgan White for a little bit now.

Anyone have any recommendations that are similar?

The most popular Belgian Wit is the Hoegaarden. It's the beer that turned me on to the entire world of craft brews. First one. Coworker in the parking lot let me have one after our shift back in the day. Blown away. Stuff is really good, and it's almost everywhere.

Dogfish Head Namaste has been brought up a lot in this thread recently. I think I had a bad bottle of it, carbonation was out of control, but I've heard really good reviews from others.

Dont mind me Im just seeing how many beers (brewers) I can name that we carry lol

Coors/Miller

New Belgium

Sam Adams - All

Flying Dog

Blue Moon

Paulaner

Guinness

Smithwicks

Harp

Magners

Fosters

Strongbow