Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is one of my favorites if you see it. Worth a try. I know a lot of people like Pumking, but to me it tasted like buttered popcorn. Didn't get pumpkin from it at all.

Damn! I wish I had seen your post before lunch...the place that we ate at had cases of it

If you really like the Dead Rise that much, save yourself some serious money and rim a pint glass with Old Bay & fill it up with your favorite lager or lighter ale. I'm serious..they were doing that at a bar in Pasadena, with Natty Boh. They called them "Bohtini's". I was skeptical, but they were damn good & at a fraction of the price of the cost of Dead Rise.

I saw that, seems like a suspiciously timely and hasty counter to the Dead Rise. I had Natty Bo over the weekend, had a ton of it thru my 20s....

Very lame beer. Might as well be Natural Light. Seriously. It's all nostalgia. Put Old Bay around the rim and it tasted a lot better. Good idea my friend :)

Like when it comes out of the faucet (draft beer) i run my finger under it and lick it off ... I'm not allowed to "drink" on the job per abc laws ;)

Ahhhhh, ok..lol

Was like how the hell is he doing that? He needs to teach me. 

Local grocery store has Pumking on tap right now...can get a growler filled for $14..will be hitting that up on my way home today. 

I saw that, seems like a suspiciously timely and hasty counter to the Dead Rise. I had Natty Bo over the weekend, had a ton of it thru my 20s....

Very lame beer. Might as well be Natural Light. Seriously. It's all nostalgia. Put Old Bay around the rim and it tasted a lot better. Good idea my friend :)

The Bohtinis have been around forever. I remember going to plenty of bars in Baltmore when I was in college and they all had them.

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is my favorite pumpkin beer hands down

Yep.  Mine too.  2nd is Pumking, and the Dogfish one, Punk'n is pretty good too.  For an easy drinking pumpkin beer, the Brooklyn Post Road is a good choice.  I recommend that one to people that don't like / don't know pumpkin beers.  It's a great starting point.

The Bohtinis have been around forever. I remember going to plenty of bars in Baltmore when I was in college and they all had them.

I'll be damned. When I couldn't find the Dead Rise early this past summer, I was sprinkling Old Bay in the FD In Heat Wheat Hefeweizen. Was good!

I've had the Saranac Pumpkin Ale and the Harpoon UFO Pumpkin Ale this week. The Harpoon is DELICIOUS! Wow. The Saranac is pretty bad, wow. Opposite sides of the coin.

Landing-UFO-Pumpkin.png

Went to do an afternoon at Apple Hill yesterday with the family. Pretty cool,(crowded as all get out though). Finished up at one of  the few farms that stays open a little later. Good thing to. Jack Russell Farm Brewery. Pretty cool little spot. Had their Irish Red. Good stuff. Also had their Strong Blonde. Not as tasty as he Red,but still pretty good. :) 

Deschutes coming to DC area via Premium Distributors starting in early November: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/sites/default/files/Deschutes%20Brewery%20DC%20Launch%20Press%20Release.pdf

I'm pumped. I saw a truck carrying Anderson Valley in Herndon the other day, and now this announcement. Basically 2 of my 3 favorite beers that I had when I was out in California. Now just need to get Russian River to sell some around here... 

Deschutes coming to DC area via Premium Distributors starting in early November: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/sites/default/files/Deschutes%20Brewery%20DC%20Launch%20Press%20Release.pdf

I'm pumped. I saw a truck carrying Anderson Valley in Herndon the other day, and now this announcement. Basically 2 of my 3 favorite beers that I had when I was out in California. Now just need to get Russian River to sell some around here... 

I just came here to post that, we all just got the COMPANY email about it today  (i work for premium) lolz

They are in Bend Oregon

Here is the email with more info

To: RBG Premium VA - All Personnel

Subject: PVA Welcomes Deschutes Brewery

Hello everyone-

We are proud to announce our partnership with Deschutes Brewery.

They’re the 6th largest U.S. Craft Brewing Company!

Deschutes is from Bend, Oregon and offers an award winning portfolio.  

AMAZING BEER.

The following brands will be available for sale beginning later this month:

• Zarabanda – Draft & package
  • Bond Street 22oz Draft & Package – once Hop Henge is released, that will be the first brand. 
  • Reserve Draft & Package (this is what we’ll lead with, other future releases will also be available)
  • Mirror Mirror
  • Black Butte XXVI
  • The Abyss (when it’s released later this year)
  • Mirror Pond – DRAFT ONLY
  • Black Butte Porter – DRAFT ONLY
  • Fresh Squeezed IPA – DRAFT ONLY

Spring 2015 :

• Mirror Pond 6pks
  • Black Butte 6pks
  • Seasonal 6pks
  • Fresh Squeezed 6pks

Zarabanda- A culinary collaboration with Chef Jose Andres, ThinkFoodGroup. 

Bond Street Series- Inspired by the original Bond Street Pub, these groundbreaking beers explore the endless possibilities of the almighty hop.

Reserve Series- small batches of audacious, experimental, outrageously coddled beers.

Main Line Brands- Mirror Pond, Black Butte Porter, Fresh Squeezed IPA

Our launch week is scheduled for November 18-20th.

More information to come!

Edited by DButz65
  • Like 1

Went to do an afternoon at Apple Hill yesterday with the family. Pretty cool,(crowded as all get out though). Finished up at one of  the few farms that stays open a little later. Good thing to. Jack Russell Farm Brewery. Pretty cool little spot. Had their Irish Red. Good stuff. Also had their Strong Blonde. Not as tasty as he Red,but still pretty good. :)

You live out here in Northern, CA? Or are you just visiting?

• Like 1

I'll be damned. When I couldn't find the Dead Rise early this past summer, I was sprinkling Old Bay in the FD In Heat Wheat Hefeweizen. Was good!

I've had the Saranac Pumpkin Ale and the Harpoon UFO Pumpkin Ale this week. The Harpoon is DELICIOUS! Wow. The Saranac is pretty bad, wow. Opposite sides of the coin.

Thought the UFO Pumpkin was pretty solid. Made a 6-pack of random pumpkin beers yesterday at the liquor store. Had some Schlafy's Pumpkin Ale, UFO Pumpkin, Shipyard Pumpkin, DB Pumpkin Ale and Heybecher Pumpkin. Only had the UFO and Heybecher so far. The Heybecher was disgusting. Way too bitter for me.

I thought this was an interesting development. Guinness has just started to market "Guinness Blonde American Lager." It's being brewed in Latrobe, Pennsylvania with Guinness yeast and a blend of three American hops: Mosaic, Willamette, and Mount Hood.

140905143001-guinness-american-lager-620

This beer is the first in their "Discovery Series" in which they will be brewing a variety of "fusion brews" in the months ahead as a way of keeping pace with the exploding craft beer revolution.

In the mood for some Brown Ale tonight. Any suggestions?

I've never had a bad beer from Bell's Brewery out of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Their Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one of my favorites - I bought a six pack last night. Right next to it on the shelf was a beer I haven't tried - their "Bell's Best Brown Ale."

Bells_6pack_BestBrownBottle.pngBell%27s+Best+Brown+Ale.jpg

Beer Advocate gives it an 86, and describes it thusly:

A smooth, toasty brown ale with hints of caramel and cocoa, the malt body has the depth to stand up to cool weather, but does not come across as heavy. This balancing act is aided by the generous use of American hops.

5.80 ABV

Try it and let us know how it is!

Edited by Dan T.