Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FrFan

USAT: "Hall says T.O. 'better worry about this defense' "

Hall says T.O. 'better worry about this defense'

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) ā€” DeAngelo Hall didn't exactly return Terrell Owens' trash talk, but the Washington Redskins cornerback did have a message for his old adversary: "He'd better worry about this defense."

Hall responded Wednesday to comments the Dallas Cowboys receiver made Tuesday at a book signing in New York. Asked about the possibility of facing Hall in Sunday night's game against the Redskins, Owens said with a smile: "At the rate he's playing, I'm looking forward to a big day."

THE HUDDLE: T.O. baits DeAngelo

Hall and Owens have a history. Owens was fined $35,000 by the NFL in December 2006 for spitting in Hall's face during a game against the Atlanta Falcons.

"You know, we've definitely hooked up a couple of times," Hall said Wednesday. "I got the better of him one time; he got the better of me one time, but it's competition. It's the best against the best. If he's worried about me, he'd better worry about this defense. It ain't necessarily me. Anybody could be on him at any given time."

Hall was signed by the Redskins after getting cut by the Oakland Raiders last week. Sunday's game will mark his Washington debut.

"T.O's T.O." Hall said. "He's going to say what he wants to say. He's going to be controversial. I'm just out here to have fun and help my team with a game, and that's the bottom line."

They probably won't face each others on the field, and by the way TO's numbers are not impressive either for a loud mouth like him :

9 Games 35 Receptions 467 Yards 13.3 Average 6 TD Fumbles 1 Lost 1

Hope we're going to give him reasons to be a "cry baby"

When you read the quote, Hall seems to be very smart and understanding. He doesn't give TO or the Cowboys anything, and he's all about the team. That being said, the title is misleading as usual and it's unfortunate. Looks a lot worse than it is, and that stinks because a lot of the times people don't even read further than the title.

Oh well, the title has got to be an attention grabber at all costs with these journalists these days I guess.

DeAngelo Hall is keeping his mouth shut and talking team instead of "I." That is something you like to see and hear from a football player ... it is what makes a team great and a player better. I really hope Hall works out and I hope the Redskins tear the Pukes apart. :dallasuck

HTTR

I do agree with you guys, the team must be the NĀ°1 focus, and I hope Hall will be a real consistent "plus" on our secondary. If Halls' playing is up to his words of wisdom that would be great.

It was bound to happen, Both teams have reporters that are just pushing the players to make a comment. I've heard the cowboy's media just asking about Hall at least 10 times when they were interviewing T.O. the same with the reporters here. During every Hall interview they ask him about T.O.

"I got the better of him one time; he got the better of me one time, but it's competition."

I hope he's not talking about the Eagles-Falcons game where Hall celebrated as if he shut TO down...

I gotta say I'm loving all the talk back and forth. It's about time this rivalry had some fire again.

:wewantd::wewantd::wewantd::wewantd::wewantd:

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

I gotta say I'm loving all the talk back and forth. It's about time this rivalry had some fire again.

Yea, but I wish it was the offense that was fired up and talking trash. We need to "go for the throat" and put this game away quickly. The D doesn't concern me!

:2cents:

DeAngelo doesn't need to get in to a war of words with this a**. Just go out there and let your play speak for yourself. Cowboys in general just a little too chatty if you ask me.

Hall should just reply with a no comment... but, he did take the high road here and his comments had taste and class.

TO doesn't have much of a reason to talk about our defense especially since we shut him down earlier this year. I just think it is a personal rivalry between them two. They just don't like each other. Even though I rather not have Hall say anything, but it does appear that no one likes TO in this locker room, so I guess Hall fits fine with the Redskins so far.

These are the matchups between their teams since DeAngelo Hall came into the league

Atlanta 10 at Philadelphia 27: January 23, 2005 (NFC Conference Championship) Terrell Owens didn't play in this game (This is the season he came back for the Super Bowl and they lost to the Patriots)

Philadelphia 10 at Atlanta 14: September 12, 2005 DeAngelo Hall was on Terrell Owens for most of this game

Dallas 38 at Atlanta 28: December 16, 2006 This is the game DeAngelo Hall said Terrell Owens spit in his face

"I lost all respect for the guy," Hall said. "We were kind of walking face to face, walking back to the huddle, and he just hauled off and spit in my face."

They've played each other twice.

Its nice to see him starting out on the right foot. Making class comments and talking about the team, not himself. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Lets hope he backs it up and our Defense welcomes Romo sits to pee and the rest of the turds back properly!

:dallasuck HTTR :dallasuck