Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memo: Affliction t-shirts

Spaceman Spiff

Haven't seen too many Affliction shirts around D.C. I have a UFC hooded sweat shirt I got from OC a couple years ago, that's it. I get my array of skull t-shirts from Rugged Wearhouse, it's cheap and they have pretty good clothes, considering it's almost like an outlet store.

As far as this generalization of "douchebags" that wear Affliction shirts...I think it's too early to start repping an organization that has put on one good card. Sure, they have Fedor and Josh Barnett, but the shirts are essentially muscle shirts that make weekend warriors look like there aren't shirts that fit their incredibly muscular physiques. But when you reflect on it, you should be happy people are gravitating towards MMA so much that they KNOW what Affliction is. Isn't that the whole point, right now? This is a very important time for the future of MMA. Establishing fans. Even if they think they're something they aren't, they are at least MMA fans. When I see a guy with a shirt representing MMA, I give them props. Affliction's infantile state isn't enough of an issue for me to get angry about gym rats wearing their clothing.

Archived