Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'He is a great player.....get over it!'

Metskins

The problem is what I wrote was accurate and was understandable by other people and you are the only one who missed the point, so yes you do look like an idiot, especially when you follow up your research that had no relevance whatsoever with a personal attack. If you don't want to look like an idiot again, try to use common sense. It's not hard.
Sounds like someone trying to cover their butt. You don't say something like, "through 8 games", and expect people to automatically assume you mean 8 career games (not, you know, the season that is 8 games in).

The problem is what I wrote was accurate and was understandable by other people and you are the only one who missed the point, so yes you do look like an idiot, especially when you follow up your research that had no relevance whatsoever with a personal attack. If you don't want to look like an idiot again, try to use common sense. It's not hard.

Had you clarified your point, there would have been no need for him to respond. While utilizing context can be helpful in deciphering the true meaning of an ambiguous statement, it wouldn't even be necessary if the statement weren't ambiguous to begin with.

But there's no need for name-calling from either side, especially when you consider that both statements were correct, though they were based on a miscommunication.

I am not sure the school yard name calling is necessary...

Actuality i thought exactly the same thing as Calfan when I first read your post . Mostly because you only said though 8 games, I was assuming you meant the 8 games of the season thus far, given we are 8 games into the season... not his first 8 games ...given he is 11 games into his career.

I am also not sure how you figure he is comparable to Campbell . I never remember Campbell putting up such stunning numbers as 31 yards on 19 passes ... Campbell improved his accuracy from 54 % accuracy coming in in 2006 to 60% in 2007 to 66% this year . Russell has regressed if anything . And they have both had the same issue with coaches .

The problem is the Raiders have so much tallent on the team so many draft picks that are not panning out, from Robert Gallery to Micheal Huff, Darren McFadden to JMarcus Russell ...there is something rotten in Raider town ..

That's why I compared Russell's first 8 games with Campbell's first 8 games and not Campbell's career.

Sounds like someone trying to cover their butt. You don't say something like, "through 8 games", and expect people to automatically assume you mean 8 career games (not, you know, the season that is 8 games in).

So if I had said "through 20 games", would your brain explode because there are only 16 games in a season? If I ask you what your plans are for Christmas, do you give me a rundown on what you plan on doing in Christmas 2011?

Don't be an idiot.

Yes, F for failing reading comprehension and understanding context. Hope you learn something before you graduate.

If I wrote, "You're acting like a obstinate tool right now, Shilsu" in Armenian, would you be able to understand it? Because it would be true, yet impossible to understand to those who only speak English. Much like your original post.

So if I had said "through 20 games", would your brain explode because there are only 16 games in a season? If I ask you what your plans are for Christmas, do you give me a rundown on what you plan on doing in Christmas 2011?

Don't be an idiot.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make there.

So I'll ask you this: why'd you chose 8 games if you weren't referring to the fact that they've both played 8 games so far this season?

If I wrote, "You're acting like a obstinate tool right now, Shilsu" in Armenian, would you be able to understand it?

No, but it doesn't surprise me you'd bring in something completely irrelevant. Not unlike how when I write in my reply, "That's why I compared Russell's first 8 games with Campbell's first 8 games and not Campbell's career", in response to a post talking about how Russell cannot be compared to Campbell's 2007 and 2008 performances, you are still sitting there harping about whether my eight games meant career or season.

Try and keep up instead of looking for images with a letter instead of taking one keystroke to type the letter itself.

No, but it doesn't surprise me you'd bring in something completely irrelevant. Not unlike how when I write in my reply, "That's why I compared Russell's first 8 games with Campbell's first 8 games and not Campbell's career", in response to a post talking about how Russell cannot be compared to Campbell's 2007 and 2008 performances, you are still sitting there harping about whether my eight games meant career or season.

Try and keep up instead of looking for images with a letter instead of taking one keystroke to type the letter itself.

It's not irrelevant at all. Go look at the edit. I just didn't bother to fill in the parts of my post that would have clarified it to you. Much like you should have done with your original post.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make there.

So I'll ask you this: why'd you chose 8 games if you weren't referring to the fact that they've both played 8 games so far this season?

Gee, I don't know, do you think it might be because when the thread was created, JaMarcus Russell had only logged stats in eight full games so far?

It's not irrelevant at all. Go look at the edit. I just didn't bother to fill in the parts of my post that would have clarified it to you. Much like you should have done with your original post.

"Because it would be true, yet impossible to understand to those who only speak English. Much like your original post."

Yes, it was so impossible to understand that someone on the first page already understood it. Try again. Or better yet, if you actually want to discuss football instead of making up stupid metaphors that have no bearing, please do.

Gee, I don't know, do you think it might be because when the thread was created, JaMarcus Russell had only logged stats in eight full games so far?
:doh:

Wrong. He's started in 9. I guess we'll just ignore that again and assume you meant only the first 8 games he's started for whatever reason.

Moral of the story: Actually be clear when you post something, and don't attack another poster who provides solid data to prove your point wrong.

"Because it would be true, yet impossible to understand to those who only speak English. Much like your original post."

Yes, it was so impossible to understand that someone on the first page already understood it. Try again. Or better yet, if you actually want to discuss football instead of making up stupid metaphors that have no bearing, please do.

I understood your op. I was thinking the same thing when people started calling Russell a bust. I bet Campbells numbers were similar through their first 8 games.

Wrong. He's started in 9. I guess we'll just ignore that again and assume you meant only the first 8 games he's started for whatever reason.

Moral of the story: Actually be clear when you post something, and don't attack another poster who provides solid data to prove your point wrong.

Look at the time the thread was created. What time was the Raiders game.

What did I say: JaMarcus Russell had only logged stats in eight full games

Moral of the story: Learn to read or STFU.

I understood your op. I was thinking the same thing when people started calling Russell a bust. I bet Campbells numbers were similar through their first 8 games.

Are you lying? Because according to some other self-professed geniuses here, my post was impossible to understand.

And what do you mean, "first 8 games". First 8 games of what???? First 8 games of what!??!?!?! Are you on drugs!?!?!?!?

In all seriousness, Russell may very well end up a bust. But to say so after 8 games and then claim Heath Shuler was never as bad was something that made me laugh.

Yes, it was so impossible to understand that someone on the first page already understood it.

1/3 so far, by my count. I suppose there has to be a multilingual poster or two on ES.

Why is this even being debated? There were several people who couldn't understand what you originally wrote, but because of your trading of words with Califan, you've recoiled into your shell to defend yourself instead of admitting that, "Hey, you know what, maybe these guys aren't complete imbeciles? Perhaps I am in the wrong on this one, and should have taken the time to be more specific." I don't get off on criticizing the way some guy I've never met on the internet chooses to phrase his opinions, though it may appear to the contrary.

1/3 so far, by my count. I suppose there has to be a multilingual poster or two on ES.

Why is this even being debated? There were several people who couldn't understand what you originally wrote, but because of your trading of words with Califan, you've recoiled into your shell to defend yourself instead of admitting that, "Hey, you know what, maybe these guys aren't complete imbeciles? Perhaps I am in the wrong on this one, and should have taken the time to be more specific." I don't get off on criticizing the way some guy I've never met on the internet chooses to phrase his opinions, though it may appear to the contrary.

The problem is, the further you try to harp on my original post, the bigger of an imbecile you look like. I'm doing you favor by telling you to quit making a big deal out of it when other people have already understood a post that was written in English, not another language as you seem resigned to.

If you still have trouble grasping this concept, consult the following words that you have used in a dictionary: multilingual, impossible. Then learn to use them properly.

Look at the time the thread was created. What time was the Raiders game.

What did I say: JaMarcus Russell had only logged stats in eight full games

At the time of your post (when you made the comparison) the game was long done. Nice try though.

It's never fun to admit you're wrong, but damn man.

Ugh Cali beat me to it. Oh well, time to sleep.

At the time of your post (when you made the comparison) the game was long done. Nice try though.

It's never fun to admit you're wrong, but damn man.

Ugh Cali beat me to it. Oh well, time to sleep.

LoL...well, when someone ****s up as obviously as Shilsu did, it's hard NOT to notice :D...Not to mention that his original post was not in response to the opening post, it was in response to this one:

Endzone interception. I'm not sure Heath Shuler was ever this bad.

That post was made after Russell threw his INT...and according to the play-by-play, Russell never took the field again afterwards...which means that the post Shilsu was responding to was INDEED after Russell had played 9 full games. And even if Metskins didn't know that Russell wouldn't take the field again, Shilsu damn well knew it when HE posted, since the game had ended.

Look at the time YOU posted. What time was the Raider game over?

Moral of the story: you're an idiot lol :cool:

Key operative word being logged.

But leave it to Califan007 to try to argue semantics to cover up for his big blooper, not unlike some of his other stupid posts about how TO had no effect on the Philadelphia Eagles crappy WR core or how Shawn Springs should put up the same stats whether he plays versus the #27 offense or the #3 offense.

The irony of a man indirectly claiming to be literate (through their condescending treatment of other, presumably literate people) not bothering to read through the ES Rules & Guidelines before writing the above post is quite delightful.

But seriously, enough. I know there isn't much to talk about when it comes to JaMarcus Russell, but hey, that's what this topic is for, and it was doing fine for a while.

Archived