Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cool Military photos

Spaceman Spiff

the one that looks fake to me, is the Aggies flyover. The shadow on the stadium has the sun to the left of the picture. On one of the planes, the shadow off the verticle stabilizer has the sun from the right. On most of the planes there's no shadow at all. All the other ones look real though.

You're right. what I meant was EA-6. The eletronic warfare version of the A-6.

Yeah they still fly those. I don't care what anyone says but when those things went to full power on the cat they were louder than any of the fighters and would rumble the hell out of your insides.

Yeah they still fly those. I don't care what anyone says but when those things went to full power on the cat they were louder than any of the fighters and would rumble the hell out of your insides.

The couple of times I was unlucky enough to be on the flight line when they were running up an A-6, they were much louder than anything else around.

huh, what are the planes that are on carriers now that look like A-6? I was on the Abe Lincoln last year and there were planes that looked just likek it. It was used for radar jamming. What is the name of that plane?

EA-6's

they have a bigger tail and are used for radar jamming and other electronic warfare

Somebody please explain to me what is going on in this photo. Looks like they are very high above the deck, but attached to some kind of pole. It doesnt look like they have parachutes. This photo is blowing my mind right now.

The MarDet (Marine Detachment) on our boat would always do this. They have a harness attached to the back of their uniform and would get lowered out of the helicopter like 10 at a time. The helo would then lower them onto the flight deck. I think it's a technique for boarding ships.

huh, what are the planes that are on carriers now that look like A-6? I was on the Abe Lincoln last year and there were planes that looked just likek it. It was used for radar jamming. What is the name of that plane?

May still be the A-6, but the electronic version, that would be used for radar jamming.

EA-6's

they have a bigger tail and are used for radar jamming and other electronic warfare

And have gold plated canopies to protect the crew from the radiation that the jamming gear would send out.

You guys were told to open your mouths a little? I never heard that when I was in. They just didn't care about us I guess.

The MarDet (Marine Detachment) on our boat would always do this. They have a harness attached to the back of their uniform and would get lowered out of the helicopter like 10 at a time. The helo would then lower them onto the flight deck. I think it's a technique for boarding ships.

Oh I think I get it now. There is like 10 of these guys attached to a pole that is attached to a helicopter. This photo must have been taken before they are lowered to the deck. That is some crazy ****.

P stood for patrol.

The big difference between the EA-6B and the A-6E was that the 6E only had a crew of 2 while the EA-6 had a crew of four. The E was an attack plane while the EA-6 was an electronic warfare platform. The EA-6 carries HARM (High speed Anti-Radiation Missiles) that they would use to shoot at enemy radars.

Archived