Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis midway MVP? Arguement can be made, so says Jaws

EJHog

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So he says today on PTI.

What say you?

As valuable as he is to our success I think you could say Jc and moss are just as valuable on our own team alone.

Portis is awesome, plays his ars$ off but if you tell me we have a choice if losing JC, Moss or Portis for the rest of the season (with a healthy Betts available) I would say the loss if either JC or Moss would hurt us more.

JC will not have the awe inspiring stats it takes to win MVP. Portis might, if he gets 15+ TDs and 1800 yards, and the 'Skins finish with 12+ wins.

I said for years that the 2 MVPs that Kurt Warner won should have gone to Marshall Faulk. He's the one who made that offense go. For the 'Skins, I actually think it's JC.

The one thing about portis is that ever since game one they have been busting open huge holes for the guy.

I think you replace Betts with Portis you have at least 700 yards, like I said I love portis, guy gives his all, blocks better than most oline, and cuts it up better than OJ with a knife....but I think Betts with this line, and JC, Moss and our D could pull off close to the same record we have

I was just think about this. Losing any of the three would be a dagger and could potentially kill our season. But losing CP would hurt the most I think, especially if Betts takes longer than expected to heal. Our run game sets up the rest of the offense, and without Portis that run game takes a huge hit.

The one thing about portis is that ever since game one they have been busting open huge holes for the guy.

I think you replace Betts with Portis you have at least 700 yards, like I said I love portis, guy gives his all, blocks better than most oline, and cuts it up better than OJ with a knife....but I think Betts with this line, and JC, Moss and our D could pull off close to the same record we have

The only difference is Betts would not have found the end zone 7 times in 8 games...and he would have had one or two more fumbles by now as well.

Campbell doesn't throw as many TDs as Brees. A TD is a score whereas an INT is merely a turnover. Foolish INTs are bad, but not throwing any passes = guaranteed 0 INTs. Take a few shots downfield, it's ok.

BTW, Suisham will be this team's MVP and possible the league MVP. See, Skins, 1982. Without his FGs, we lose NO (3 FGs, win by 5) DAL (4/2), PHI (3/6), and DET (4/8) We may have lost ARI b/c his FG to tie the game at 17 changed how ARI played. Sorry guys, a team that has this many FGs to TDs, with as much O as we have measured by yards or TOP has an MVP kicker, not QB, RB, or WR.

2007: 9-7 playoffs

2006: 5-11

2005: 10-6 playoffs, playoff win

Those were our records out of the last 3 years. The one year we didn't make it, Portis didn't play the whole year, and Ladell Betts had 1k yards. Ladel is a decent back-up, and can produce well when we need him to, but Portis carries our team. He is easily our MVP. This team is not 6-2 if we don't have Portis and Betts is starting.

I got a sick feeling in my stomach when he was on the ground after his long carry in the 4th against detroit.

MVP is a dumb name for the award.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, which often times is awarded to a sensational player who isn't always the most valuable player on their team, let alone in the league.

It ought to be, "Best Player." Brady won last season because he threw for a ton of TDs, remained extremely accurate, and didn't lose. His OL and WRs were just as valuable to his success as vice versa. Shaun Alexander wouldn't have done a thing without Steve Hutchison. Manning had a ton of excellent targets when he was the award.

Point is, MVP is a misnamed award. Its not given to the guy more valuable to his team than any other individual to their team, but its given to the player with the most offensive impact, either they lead the league in rushing by a large amount, or they pass for a ton of yards, or something along those lines.

Wow your delusional lololol. I hope you dont really think that. Betts is a decent back, Portis is a good/great back. I mean Portis runs through tackles knows how to score TDs. Betts goes down after the 1st hit. Portis is a elite back and big difference between him and betts

Portis gets this hands down. Sorry, but there shouldn't even be a discussion on this. Portis has put this team on his back and carried it many times. He is the heart and sole of this offense, and without him we're nothing more than a mediocre team(see 2006.)

-----------

Which is why Suisham hasn't been a factor in any of our wins, right? C'mon, it's not like all of his kicks have been from outside the red zone. Maybe it's extra tough to give it to a kicker -- heck, they don't even get paid, right -- but "shouldn't even be a discussion"? :doh:

-----------

Which is why Suisham hasn't been a factor in any of our wins, right? C'mon, it's not like all of his kicks have been from outside the red zone. Maybe it's extra tough to give it to a kicker -- heck, they don't even get paid, right -- but "shouldn't even be a discussion"? :doh:

Right. It shouldn't be discussed...which is exactly why nearly 90% of the 150+ people voting in this poll agree...You take out the Campbell and Moss homers, and it's an overwhelming nod to Portis.

Suisham's done a good job when the offense has stalled, but without our run game we don't even get into field goal position.(pretty sure you were being a smart ass with your post, just thought I'd through that out there any way)

---

Not to say that Moss, Cooley, and Campbell haven't been having awesome years, and playing a big role in why we're 6-2. they've all been contributing a lot, and have been vital...But not nearly on the level that Portis has been.

Best player on the team is easily Moss. No debate there.

MVP? in my opinion it's tough to say but I give the edge to Campbell. Portis gets a lot of his yardage because we call a lot more running plays than passing plays. Not the less he has been a very good player but Campbell has really controlled this offense.

Wow your delusional lololol. I hope you dont really think that. Betts is a decent back, Portis is a good/great back. I mean Portis runs through tackles knows how to score TDs. Betts goes down after the 1st hit. Portis is a elite back and big difference between him and betts

you do remember the year portis went down? That is why betts got the contract he has...you know why betts ran like a bulldog the way he did that year? Becuase the oline for the skins that year was unreal...

I love CP, the guy is my min 1# skin...

But...the rise and fall of this team goes through our oline..

I don't know how any homer could pick anyone over CP (from within our team) as the overall MVP. It would be great to see him keep this pace but the season is far too long and I don't want the team to wear him out before the playoffs. At the midway point he has to be considered for the MVP league-wide.

Right. It shouldn't be discussed...which is exactly why nearly 90% of the 150+ people voting in this poll agree...You take out the Campbell and Moss homers, and it's an overwhelming nod to Portis.

Suisham's done a good job when the offense has stalled, but without our run game we don't even get into field goal position.(pretty sure you were being a smart ass with your post, just thought I'd through that out there any way)

Ummm, 90% taking a poll that doesn't include Suisham agree that Suisham should not be the MVP? That's pretty good. No, I wasn't being a smart ass. W/o Suisham we don't win at least 3 games -- and two of thos we needed at least 2 FGs. MVPs get the ball into the endzone regularly, esp. when the game's on the line and that's our kicker, Suisham. :cheers:

Archived