Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's all the "phoney" outrage with the NFL players busted for steroids?

Guest sith lord

Because we all know that 90 percent of football players are on something. You don't get that huge naturally.

With baseball, I think some of us managed to convince ourselves that only a few were doing it, and never "our" guys, so it felt more like cheating. (those people were kidding themselves, but that's waht they believed.).

Guest sith lord
something tells me you are just trying to make bonds seem like less of a villan.

Something tells me that you're just avoiding the topic.

1) Because McGwire, Sosa and Bonds broke the "sacred" home run record. Although football does have the rushing TD record with Alexander, Tomlinson, Brady, etc. its not quite the same.

2) Because there wasn't any testing in baseball, at all, whereas with football there always has been

something tells me you are just trying to make bonds seem like less of a villan.

If he's not I will. The Bonds outrage was so unreasonable that he became a victim himself. Watch how history paints it... I'm willing to bet historians won't overlook the fact that dispite all the facts pointing to a corrupt league in general that Bonds was singled out. Even the league used him as a scapegoat pulling all the attention away from them.

Where is the NFL outrage? It's a good question.

1) Because McGwire, Sosa and Bonds broke the "sacred" home run record. Although football does have the rushing TD record with Alexander, Tomlinson, Brady, etc. its not quite the same.

2) Because there wasn't any testing in baseball, at all, whereas with football there always has been

1 - McGwire didn't get half the hatred Bonds did.

2 - This is what should have made people mad. Sadly most people aren't advanced enough in their thinking to put together what "there was not testing" and "the home run records were generating ratings when the sport was starting to fail" really means.

If he's not I will. The Bonds outrage was so unreasonable that he became a victim himself. Watch how history paints it... I'm willing to be historians won't overlook the fact that dispite all the facts pointing to a corrupt league in general that Bonds was singled out. Even the league used him as a scapegoat pulling all the attention away from them.

I support Barry too. He was an awesome player, with or without steriods.

I think that in a lot of cases these roided up freaks in the NFL and even some in baseball have always been huge hulking monsters since the public has known them. Deuce McAllister is big but he's always looked big.

Barry Bonds was a skinny, small, speedy player. He turned into a massive hulking home run machine seemingly overnight. I think it was one of the first cases where people who were clueless about steroid use in sports could just take a look at a guy and say: wow he's like twice the size he was before and now he's hitting 70 homers in a season...hmm...

I still don't get the surprise. It doesn't surprise me one bit whenever I hear somebody has been doing steroids in a sport.

If he's not I will. The Bonds outrage was so unreasonable that he became a victim himself. Watch how history paints it... I'm willing to bet historians won't overlook the fact that dispite all the facts pointing to a corrupt league in general that Bonds was singled out. Even the league used him as a scapegoat pulling all the attention away from them.

get the **** out of here. bonds became a victim because he was a pompous ******* piece of **** who deserved everything that was brought down on him. **** bonds, his big ****ing head, his stupid record and the ego to go along with it.

nobody in football has even half the arrogance or ego as bonds did. he drove himself out of baseball because nobody wanted a head case that had the power to bring down an entire locker room. when the yankees wont even sign you, you know youre a douchebag.

merriman gets busted and everyone goes "ahh" and he goes "my bad". no big deal, lets move on. Bonds gets busted and he lies, denies, talks ****, and tries to get out of it by using smoke and mirrors.

Guest sith lord
Part of Bonds' problem was that by all accounts - from the press, from his teammates, from his former friends - he was just a despicable human being.

That didn't help much.

A despicable human being? Why? Because he didn't get along with the media and SOME of his teammates?

Guest sith lord
get the **** out of here. bonds became a victim because he was a pompous ******* piece of **** who deserved everything that was brought down on him. **** bonds, his big ****ing head, his stupid record and the ego to go along with it.

nobody in football has even half the arrogance or ego as bonds did. he drove himself out of baseball because nobody wanted a head case that had the power to bring down an entire locker room. when the yankees wont even sign you, you know youre a douchebag.

merriman gets busted and everyone goes "ahh" and he goes "my bad". no big deal, lets move on. Bonds gets busted and he lies, denies, talks ****, and tries to get out of it by using smoke and mirrors.

Oh, because he has an ego and isn't Mr Popularity he should have been singled out? Gotch ya. And do you really think that there's no one in the NFL that doesn't have the arrogance Bonds have?

A despicable human being? Why? Because he didn't get along with the media and SOME of his teammates?

how about his fans as well? not signing autographs, being rude. i was at a padres game once and was right behind his dugout and he came out before the game and we yelled "barry" and he turned around and looked at us like we could drop dead. didnt nod, didnt say wahts up, nothing. other teammates, came over, waved hello, nodded, all kinds of stuff.

barry dug his own grave with his arrogance and got himself to where nobody wanted to even deal with him let alone sign his ass.

Archived