Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NOW it gets SERIOUS: Skins, Giants, Boys, Iggles, Playoffs..???

kleese

We've made it halfway through the season and I'm sure we can pretty much all agree that the Redskins deserve an A- grade at the absolute worst. I am sure we can all agree that the first half of the season has been a smashing success.

Not only have we gone 6-2, but we've done so in a manner that doesn't feel fluky in the least. Our rookie head coach has been incredibly impressive.

IMO, it is now officially OK to start thinking playoffs, seeding, January, etc... The players and coaches will hopefully remain focused on the week to week stuff, but as fans, I think our first half has given us legitimate reason to look ahead.

The margin for error in the NFL is SO slim that I never worry about "ugly" wins. Never.

Everyone was crying and moaning after the Browns game, but it sure beats getting our butts handed to us like the Browns did to their opponents in the game before us (Giants) and the game after us (Jaguars).

We're 6-2 with a pace to finish 12-4. We have games in the 2nd half against the Seahawks, Bengals, Ravens, 49ers, and our 4 toughest games at home.

Yeah, I'll take that.

We have a QB, RB, and WR all clearly on pace to be in the Pro Bowl-- really, no argument to the contrary at this point. We also have at least one, if not more OL ready to join them, along with a CB (Rogers), a LB (Fletcher) and potentially a handful of other players.

So, yeah, I'm gonna look ahead.

The problem right now is those darned Giants. Wow, they looked good today. That is a strong, confident team that knows how to win games late. Impressive win today. I could the Redskins going 12-4 and STILL not winning the division. If that's the case, so be it.

So, here's the question:

Do we now get greedy in our rooting interests?

Do you root for the Cowboys to beat the Giants this week, increasing our chances at competing for the East?

Or do you root for the Giants to knock of the Cowboys, and make our wild car chances look better, while possibly decreasing our chances in the division?

The Giants still come to DC, but even if we beat them, we would not control our destiny against them....we'd need the Giants to lose again, preferrably within the division. But that means that the Cowboys or Eagles could easily become a factor for us again.

Here's a question for all fans:

Would you rather solidify our spot in SECOND place in the East and make it out to be a two team race?

Or

Would you rather have the division become a 3 or 4 team free-for-all where the chances of winning the division increase, but so do the chances of missing the playoffs altogether?

I root for NYG, why have two teams with life in them, if NYG smashes dallass like i think they will all of the BS will resurface, TO and 2 catch games with Roy stealing his spotlight, will blow his top. ET will again start his meddling ways, he will be on the sidelines again. face it the Giants are playing well and realitively free of BS sans Plax, so why not throw another spear into that humpbacks blue star?

I agree gut...right now, I think I'd rather see the Giants take Dallas out...we would then have the opportunity to pretty much officially bury the Boys in the Sunday Night game after the BYE.

If Dallas wins next week, then they've really righted the ship. With a win, they will have survived a pretty ugly stretch and they would have gone into the Meadowlands and won with their back-up QB. 6-3 with a BYE week, momentum, and Romo sits to pee returning would be very nice Dallas fans.

I think I'd just as soon keep them at bay, even if that means the Giants keep winning.

I agree gut...right now, I think I'd rather see the Giants take Dallas out...we would then have the opportunity to pretty much officially bury the Boys in the Sunday Night game after the BYE.

If Dallas wins next week, then they've really righted the ship. With a win, they will have survived a pretty ugly stretch and they would have gone into the Meadowlands and won with their back-up QB. 6-3 with a BYE week, momentum, and Romo sits to pee returning would be very nice Dallas fans.

I think I'd just as soon keep them at bay, even if that means the Giants keep winning.

I don't see Dallas having any chance going to NY and beating them w/Johnson at QB and the current state of their secondary. I DO hope that both teams beat each other to a pulp in that game so we can whoop up on Dallas when they come to Fed Ex.

I root for the Giants over the Cowboys. End their hopes now rather than later. Also, the Giants thus far have faced us, the Rams under Linehan, Bengals, Seattle, Browns, 49ers, and now the Steelers. The combined record of NYs opponents thus far, sans the Skins and Steelers, is 9-28, or 20-32 if you do count us and the Steelers. They get credit for beating us and the Steelers, and they are a good team, but right now I'm speaking in terms of schedule difficulty only. The Giants have left to play the Cowboys, Eagles, Ravens, Cards, us, Eagles again, Dallas again, Panthers, and Vikings. The second half of their schedule apper=ars to be much more difficult, especially in comparison to our remaining half. The combined record of their remaining opponents (though it will change over the course of the season obviously) is 32-20 (the opposite of their schedule thus far), or 41-26 if you count Dallas and Philly twice since they will play twice. Either way, the second half of the season looks more promising for us than it does the Giants.

Everything here sounds great and I'm very optimistic that we'll do well. I just hope we don't get ahead of ourselves. We need to think week-by-week, game-by-game, otherwise games like the rams will happen. Even today's game (at DET) was not pretty. But I'm all for a smash-mouth DAL at NYG next week.

In the end the redskins control their own destiny though. I'm looking forward to seeing how Zorn and players respond down the stretch. HTTR!!!!!

Skins have been dicking around the past few weeks but they can't afford to do it anymore. They eeked out wins against the browns and the lions, and failed miserably against the rams. We're about to start playing real football teams again, and this crap just won't stand. I hope they're up to the challenge and can return to their early-season form.

One more thing: Coach Zorn, on first and goal from the 1, run it with portis next time.

That being said, let's go 6-2 again, kthxbye!

It's nice to be able to read threads like this and not think the participants are complete homers. :silly:

I'd prefer the Giants win next week and knock the Pokes down another notch before they come to D.C. Loses to us and NY would pretty much end the Boys' division title hopes and distance them from wildcard spot #1 barring an unforseen collapse by either the Skins or Gmen. If this were to happen, I like our chances at a division title in a two horse race with NY.

if i remain indifferent, i can't be disappointed right?

when all is said and done, i can never root for the cowboys.

one thing i noticed in this thread though, is seemingly a vote of no confidence in regards to our match up with the cowboys. everyone wants them dead before they come to dc, whether by being beaten up by the giants or imploding due to adversity. what's wrong with them coming here at 6-3 and we stomp their asses at fed ex....doing to them what some are saying we hope the giants do for us?

Skins have been dicking around the past few weeks but they can't afford to do it anymore. They eeked out wins against the browns and the lions, and failed miserably against the rams. We're about to start playing real football teams again, and this crap just won't stand. I hope they're up to the challenge and can return to their early-season form.

One more thing: Coach Zorn, on first and goal from the 1, run it with portis next time.

That being said, let's go 6-2 again, kthxbye!

Has anyone noticed Cleveland doesn't completely suck lately? They've won three of their last four, including a win against the Giants, and they played the Steelers pretty tight before that.

Has anyone noticed Cleveland doesn't completely suck lately? They've won three of their last four, including a win against the Giants, and they played the Steelers pretty tight before that.

Yea they're playing better but did you see Anderson's passing performance/stats in the game against us? They were a bad team on the day they played us, a really bad team, and we won by 3. Skins have not been playing well as of late, despite the wins, and they need to start finishing drives because our next opponents won't be such pushovers.

Yea they're playing better but did you see Anderson's passing performance/stats in the game against us? They were a bad team on the day they played us, a really bad team, and we won by 3.

yeah, our defense, which has held 6 opposing qb's under 200 yds, had nothing to do w/ that. :doh:

I'll be cheering for the Giants, I can never cheer for dallas unless they HAVE to win for us to get in the playoffs. Plus the Giants have a lot of REALLY tough games coming up, they're not going to win them all. We had our three toughest games already and we're only half a game behind the Giants, we just have to take care of business and we'll win the division.

Archived