Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lieberman hasn't been paying attention to himself

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Lieberman....:no:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_10/015376.php

LIEBERMAN HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO HIMSELF.... Joe Lieberman adopted the role of Republican attack dog early on, but as the election draws near, he's hoping the political world has a very short memory.

Lieberman, a self-proclaimed "independent Democrat" who was chosen by McCain to make the case against Obama at the Republican National Convention in early September, said his comments have been within bounds.

"When I go out, I say, 'I have a lot of respect for Sen. Obama. He's bright. He's eloquent.'"

My hunch is, Lieberman sees the direction of the political winds, and hopes to convince Democrats that while he's been a McCain sycophant, he's always been "respectful" towards Obama.

Lieberman, in other words, has to hope Democrats haven't been paying any attention at all. The party is supposed to forget, for example, when Lieberman argued that Obama doesn't put "country first."

And the time Lieberman said it was a "good question" to ask whether Obama is a "Marxist."

And the time Lieberman ironically accused the Obama campaign of "sleazy tactics."

And the time Lieberman, at the Republican National Convention, falsely accused Obama of trying to undermine the troops

"Respectful"? Nice try, Joe.

Well, he may not be paying attention to himself, but everyone else is. I find it rather funny how politicians insult our intelligence by assuming we will just forget about the dumb things they say and do. I mean, how many of us have forgotten about Dan Quayle and his "potatoe"?

God forbid we allow politicians to speak their minds without leadership punishing them for not "walking the party tightrope"

We complain when the "other-side" does it, but then applaud it when its in our favor.

nice...

Lieberman did more than just speak his mind (even though he's denying saying half the things he actually said).

Lieberman didn't just endorse McCain. He actually went out and campaigned for him.

He bashed Obama repeatedly. The same Obama who answered Lieberman's call for help and campaigned for him against Ned Lamont in the CT democratic primary.

Obama did this even though many Dems were upset at him for supporting Joe due to his support of the war in Iraq.

This is also the same Lieberman who actually urged Obama to run for the presidency.

Personally, I thought Lieberman should have handled the situation the way Chuck Hagel did.

It's no secret that Hagel is an Obama supporter but he didn't actively campaign against his party's nominee.

And the worst thing is that after saying negative things about Obama throughout the race, he's now denying it.

Lieberman said these things so he should be a man and stand by his words. :2cents:

We actually discussed the Obama is Marxist comment before. It was part of a two part question, which generated a multipart answer, and whether he says Obama is Marxist is a good question or not depends on how you parse the question and/or answers.

So your saying Lieberman told Obama he should run: AND Obama is winning.

But the independant/Democrat didnt like the war stance so spoke on behalf of John McCain.

Lose your seat for 90k in cash in the freezer: no

Lose your seat for talking back: yes

Lose your seat for telling the FBI you don't want thier money now, maybe later: no.

So your saying Lieberman told Obama he should run: AND Obama is winning.

But the independant/Democrat didnt like the war stance so spoke on behalf of John McCain.

For some reason everyone (including you) keeps ignoring the main point of this thread.

And that was to point out that now that McCain's chances look bleak, Joe is denying saying some of the negative things he's said about Senator Obama.

Care to comment on that?

For some reason everyone (including you) keeps ignoring the main point of this thread.

And that was to point out that now that McCain's chances look bleak, Joe is denying saying some the negative things he said about Senator Obama.

Care to comment on that?

but but but Lieberman is principled and says what he believes regardless of the political winds. :D

Either way, the Democrats are going to have to play nice with Joe for at least 4 years. And he's going to have to do the same if he wants to keep his seat in '12.

And that was to point out that now that McCain's chances look bleak, Joe is denying saying some of the negative things he's said about Senator Obama.

Care to comment on that?

Care to show me what he's taking back? and I will.

Here's an idea. Why doesn't someone post exactly what he was supposed to have said (quotes please) and his denial of having said that thing.

Because I'll tell you what I think is happening. I think, party line dems just want to do a hatchet job on him. :2cents:

Oh, and BRAVEONAWARPATH.... some of us have jobs that come first.

Archived