Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we not resting Jason Taylor until he is at least close to 100 percent?

mithong1

He's been quoted as saying that his calf would heal completely if he rested... but since he's playing on it, it's healing a lot slower. He says it's at 60 percent right now, and I don't know if 60 percent of ANY player in the nfl is serviceable.

So why the hell is he playing then?

I think its fairly obvious that without his pass rush, demetric evans is a better option than JT when it comes to run stopping and holding the edge.

I just don't understand the skins' logic here, do any of you guys? Is it because blache wants to maintain his d-line rotation?

I'm so excited at seeing the prospect of an MVP-like jason taylor rushing the passer with a new and improved rogers and healthy springs in the secondary... But how is this going to ever happen if we keep him from healing completely :(

I agree rest him and have the other 100% healthy players play, It's Detroit were playing. Its that critical that a 60% player plays this week??? Evans, far as I'm concerned from watching the tape has played better than Taylor. I'm already getting tired of the "well I would love to play better but this nagging injury I'm working through" CUT THE BULL, go Ride the Pine till you get healthy. This is not about your ego or willingness to play. Its about who can help the team best.

He says it's at 60 percent right now, and I don't know if 60 percent of ANY player in the nfl is serviceable.

So why the hell is he playing then? :(

I agree. Why let him play against the Lions??? He is the SIXTY FOURTH rated D-lineman on NFL.com. Link....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_LINEMAN&conference=0015&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=2

I read today that he might have surgery on the calf again on Monday but that he was hoping to play on Sunday first?!?!

I have a better idea:

Week 8: rest, surgery, rest

Week 9: rest, rest, rest. Pittsburgh is good but we need ya healthy and effective!

Week 10: Bye week! Ice that suckuh! Rest! Practice a little if you can! Start feeling like your old self again! There is still life!

Week 11: Destroy Romo sits to pee. Destroy Romo sits to pee against the Fed Ex Field Turf. But wrap your calf up. Wrap the calf then destroy Romo sits to pee!

HTTR!!!!!

sit him.

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::logo::logo::logo::logo::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::logo::logo::logo::logo::cheers::cheers:

He's been quoted as saying that his calf would heal completely if he rested... but since he's playing on it, it's healing a lot slower. He says it's at 60 percent right now, and I don't know if 60 percent of ANY player in the nfl is serviceable.

So why the hell is he playing then?

I think its fairly obvious that without his pass rush, demetric evans is a better option than JT when it comes to run stopping and holding the edge.

I just don't understand the skins' logic here, do any of you guys? Is it because blache wants to maintain his d-line rotation?

I'm so excited at seeing the prospect of an MVP-like jason taylor rushing the passer with a new and improved rogers and healthy springs in the secondary... But how is this going to ever happen if we keep him from healing completely :(

Why are you not reading the posts? There are six pages of this on the front page.

We are idiots about this situation that is why we have not rest him.. I say sit him down until the Pukes and only play him against them if he is 100%. We don't need him agianst the Pukes either. I want him by the Giants game. that is the key game IMO. yea the steelers will be hard but I think Evans can do a damn good job against that line. We need JT for the Giants game however because putting pressure on Eli is the key to winning that game.

I'm really not sure why we don't rest him. He's really not contributing much right now. Maybe it's because he's not 100%.

The only reason I can think of is if you rest a couple of weeks and come back it takes a while to get back into game shape.

Also, none of us really know what the injury situation is with JT. So my opinion is just speculation.

The guy wants to play. It's probably hard to keep him off the field. I admire a guy with that kind of heart. I want to see him at full strength, too, but it's up to him, really.

I'm with you on admiring a guy with the heart and toughness to never want to miss a game, but why is it ultimately up to him? Don't you need a Coaching staff that can be strong enough to stand up to whichever player, regardless of reputation, on medical advice, and sit them if that's what's best, rather than taking the players word for it? (And I'm not suggesting Z's weak, before someone runs with that.).

I'm not sure why were not resting him either, part. as he's clearly not in game shape and is contributing little. I guess it's just the shear threat of JT's reputation that's leading to the Coaches playing him, but I'm inclined to agree with others that he should be rested until fully healed.

I'd much rather have a 100% BEAST of an end come the stretch run, than a 60% "***** cat" against the likes of Detroit that's prolonging the healing process.

Hail.

What are Erasmus James, Chris Wilson, and Rob Jackson doing for a living? It's time to give them the opportunity to step up and man the position for the next two weeks so JT can rest until the Dallas game.

That way, Demetric Evans can move inside on passing downs until Cornelius Griffin is ready to go. BTW, I'd keep Griffin and possibly Shawn Springs out until the Dallas game, as well.

JT, Cornelius, and Shawn could be key players in the stretch run and (hopefully) the playoffs.

What are Erasmus James, Chris Wilson, and Rob Jackson doing for a living? It's time to give them the opportunity to step up and man the position for the next two weeks so JT can rest until the Dallas game.

That way, Demetric Evans can move inside on passing downs until Cornelius Griffin is ready to go. BTW, I'd keep Griffin and possibly Shawn Springs out until the Dallas game, as well.

JT, Cornelius, and Shawn could be key players in the stretch run and (hopefully) the playoffs.

Agree totally with all of the above. I appreciate that Jackson's a rookie, and Erasmus has been coming back off a long term injury, but if we trust them highly enough to have them on the roster, it's time we started working them in to the D-line rotation mix.

Hail.

I agree we were able to win without Taylor in the starting line-up. I'd rather have a 100% healthy Jason Taylor, around late-November instead of him playing right now. If we rest him, he can be a force late in the season.We have pretty good depth at DE to do this IMO.

Archived