Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins: "Redskins line blocking as well as The Hogs"

SMOSS89

He doesn't want to give POrtis his dues. He even said that Betts would get 750 with this line and CP can miss a couple of games

Let not over-read the comment... lets just enjoy the admiration of the o-lines play...

It's currently on NBC4 Redskins Report. Someone will probably post the link later tonight.

This is why living in the New York area sucks as a Skins fan...Not only do they never put the Skins game on on Sundays, but I can never watch any of the local type coverage. I get the crappy Giants and Jets reports. :doh:

He doesn't want to give POrtis his dues. He even said that Betts would get 750 with this line and CP can miss a couple of games

Par for the course with Riggo the boob.

But I will say this, he now has admitted (in my mind anyway) that Portis is a better back than he ever was (something I've been saying for a while now).

Using his own "logic" against him:

-This Oline is playing as well as the Hogs.

-Riggins' best/most famous years were running behind the Hogs.

-Portis is putting up numbers that Riggins only could dream of behind this line which he is now touting is playing as well as the Hogs.

I view that as an involuntary admission that Portis is a better back. I've always said that Portis has been great for us, given the poor play of our overrated Oline his numbers for us have been fantastic. Also that if you put Portis behind the Hogs he'd tear up the league and put Riggins to shame.

We're now seeing this come to fruition.

Thanks Riggo for proving me right and essentially agreeing with me.:D

This is why living in the New York area sucks as a Skins fan...Not only do they never put the Skins game on on Sundays, but I can never watch any of the local type coverage. I get the crappy Giants and Jets reports. :doh:

Use the Search function to find The Redskins Report (for the last weeks). ;)

The current Post piece sure seems to indict Portis, in the minds of the OL.

Yeah, I know these are mostly spin, but, you can tell from Thomas' words, the OL hasn't forgotten Portis' comments after the season opener. I think the Dirtbags are playing with a serious chip on their shoulders. You can tell they are playing with heightened enthusiasm.

It's too bad Brunell never called 'em out..;)

Obviously you haven't been listening to him.

I did listen to him live... I just choose not to re-engineer his comments into something negative..

People think because he said Betts could have gotten big yardage through some of the holes the oline made was a knock against portis... its not... it is just props for the oline.

Lets focus on negative issues when they actually arrive for this team... meanwhile, lets just enjoy the ride...

I did listen to him live... I just choose not to re-engineer his comments into something negative..

People think because he said Betts could have gotten big yardage through some of the holes the oline made was a knock against portis... its not... it is just props for the oline.

Lets focus on negative issues when they actually arrive for this team... meanwhile, lets just enjoy the ride...

No, I meant you haven't BEEN listening to him. If you did, you would know John Riggins' opinions of CP.

Using his own "logic" against him:

-This Oline is playing as well as the Hogs.

-Riggins' best/most famous years were running behind the Hogs.

-Portis is putting up numbers that Riggins only could dream of behind this line which he is now touting is playing as well as the Hogs.

To be fair, Riggins was sharing time with Joe Washington. He was getting his yards while Washington was getting 700-900. Even with Betts healthy, he's not getting that kind of opportunities that Washington got.

I'd rather not give props to one guy by bringing the other guy down. Both are great backs for our favorite team.

Jason

Gotta tip the hat to the O-Line. They have been controling the game. People thought Gibbs was going to be bringing the "bruising, control the game with the run-game" but it sure seems like Zorn is the one making it work.

True Zorn is making it work, but you also have to remember that while Gibbs was coach the 2nd time around guys like Jansen and Thomas were out for extended periods of time.

True Zorn is making it work, but you also have to remember that while Gibbs was coach the 2nd time around guys like Jansen and Thomas were out for extended periods of time.

that was not a knock on Gibbs.... it was just pointing out that this team sure does have a "Gibbs" kind of feel to it.

No, I meant you haven't BEEN listening to him. If you did, you would know John Riggins' opinions of CP.

But Riggins has a point when he says that Portis is running unabated to the safeties. Our line is doign a real good job of clearing room for Portis, then he can normally just follow one of his linemen and get about 6, and not get touched til he gets at least to the LBs, if not the safeties.

I didn't see any negative comments on CP in that show. He said as good as the line is blocking CP can take a game or two off and even Betts can get like 700 yards.

They were talking about if Betts was not out.

So really he is giving props to the O-line and the wonderful job they are doing.

Riggins on this show and on the air has been more critical of JC not throwing down the field instead or Zorn not calling for plays to throw the ball downfield.

Go watch the Redskins Report for week 8 again.

Archived