Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Political Bigotry a BIGGER problem in the U.S. than Racial Bigotry ?

Mickalino

What started out as divisive partisanship which threatened our unity and productivity as a nation, has now evolved into damaging hostilities between political parties. And it's not just between politicians of each party. It's between voters of each party. It seems there are far more people in this country with the attitude of "I detest you because of your political affiliation" than "I detest you because of the color of your skin." Not only in quantity, but in severity. If it keeps going at this pace there will be violence issues toward members of another party. Our nation is headed toward major in-fighting and strife, and it goes beyond racial strife, in my opinion.

It's far more open and acceptible than racial bias -- not that racial bias should be defended or accepted. It is perfectly acceptible in many circles to openly express that Republicans are mean, evil, stupid people who lack intellectual integrity and have no heart. This perception is by no means true and should not be left to stand. Ask college republicans if they have any examples of this type of bigotry to offer. I have had libs say these types of things in my presence until they found out I'm a republican. It's quite sad, but it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

Definitely not...Racial bigotry is an everyday thing...Political bigotry is only prevelant around election time or when something happens in the government...

However "election time" consists of 2 years before each election and about 1 year after (example : everyone's outbursts about Gore's and Kerry's controversial loss), so that's 3 out of every 4 years :doh:

Archived