Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do Broncos fans feel about Portis RIGHT NOW...

rdskn4eva

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=124586

A few quotes...

5 straight hundred yard games. He's hit his stride for sure. I miss seeing him in that blue helmet. Champs a beast...but I always wonder what could have been if Portis was our guy.

But hindsight as they say is 20/20.

-----------------------------------

see.. I just never have missed him. Its rare to see him finish the season, and considering there is still a lot of season left, I'm betting he doesn't finish healthy.

-----------------------------------

Portis is a stud and right now I would trade Bailey for him. What good is having the leagues best CB when you have no pass rush? We may as well have a couple of rookies back there!

Bailey is the better player but he can't do everything.

----------------------------------

he wn't win the rushing title.. he'll get hurt. I promise you, he'll get hurt....... mark my words right here. He'll get hurt.

----------------------------------

I started a thread about CP earlier this week, but I wanted to make this seperate to get your thoughts on how the other side feels.

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if he got nicked up and missed a game or two. That happens to a lot of runningbacks. But anything serious would just be a fluke - he hasn't demonstrated noticably weak tendons, hamstrings, anything like that.

All of their fans talking about Portis not finishing the season is nothing more than their jealousy. Portis has finished every season except where he had the injury plagued season of '06. He hasn't missed a game due to a hamstring, groin, calf before, and now that he's in the best shape of his life I see him taking this team on his back for the 3rd time and carrying us deep into the playoffs, and possibly to the promise land.

I think skins fans are happy at the moment. i think broncos fans are mad cuz thier guy is hurt and they suck... but that being said i think both sindes are happy and this question can finally be put to rest... From a history standpoint, i would say this is a trade where both parties got hall of fame players... How often does that happen? Anyone else don't think Portis is going to the Hall just look at his numbers. Look at the names he is with. OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, Riggins, LT... hall of famer

They think he's injury prone because he got banged up in Denver. I don't think they realize that he took more of a beating here than he ever did there and has started all 16 games in 2 out of 4 seasons, 15 the other one. The only season he wasn't healthy he didn't get hurt during the year, he was hurt during training camp and tried to play the season instead of resting, and eventually had to sit himself out after our season went to ****.

I do not think he will get hurt bad enough were he misses any significant time...remember, he worked out like never before during the off season. He's in great shape and it shows during games. Also, remember that video of him keeping up with much younger Laron in a sprint not too long ago...yup, his body is awesomely tuned this season.

My brother is a hardcore bronco fan and every week i've been rubbing in how good portis is and he still swears that it was a good trade for both parties.

Just curious...Why are you a Mavs fan? And it was a good trade for both parties....your bro is right.

It was a great trade for both teams and arguing who got the best of it is a waste of time in my opinion. Portis has done a great job for us...but so has Bailey for them.

It's hard for the Broncos to miss any running back. Until this year they seemed to be able to plug anyone in there and do well. I wonder if you added up the yards for their featured backs vs. Portis since the trade how they would stack up.

I miss Champ a bunch, but then we wouldn't of had the joy of watching CP had that trade not happened.

Both ball clubs have been very privileged to have benefited from two of the best at their respective positions in a particular era. The one thing that doe's gripe though is this continued myth that Clinton isn't "durable", that he's an injury prone liability. When did that crap start?

Hail.

We both benefited from the trade.

I think its hilarious that some people consider injury prone. 2006 is the only season he missed considerable time. He's pretty darn durable if you ask me.

The crazy thing about it is its not just Bronco fans who say it either. I hear "analyst" say it all the time. One of them said the other day his the "weak link" was blocking :doh:

I wanted us to draft Portis out of college. I was ecstatic when I found out we traded for him. To say he's injury prone is quite dumb and would only come from someone who listens to pundits when talking about the skins.

Gotta say, we've been pretty good when we have player/player trades. The moss/coles trade also ended up benefiting both teams.

As others have said, it was a smart trade and worked out for both. The problem Denver has is they don't have the rest of the defense to make Champ as effective. I thought I read a stat that until he got injured he was only thrown to 13 times....that speaks volumes...now if they don't have the rest of the D to back him up...it's pointless. portis is a bruiser, but given the amount of carries he has, it may...may not be the best thing. I wouldn't mind seeing Alexander, or Betts (when he gets back) take alittle more of the load.

I find it funny they predict him to get hurt, when it is Champ who is out! Second, something nobody every talks about.....who has had the better defense since Champ has been gone....yea the skins! Third they really havent found a replacement for CP, yea they have had 1000 Yard rusher...who doesnt in a 16 game season...but CP would of been the talk of the league if they had kept him!

My take is simple; compare each team's progression after the trade on a season-by-season basis. I believe what you'll find is that while Washington has grown into a physical, intimidating, beast of a team, Denver has regressed into a soft, sad-sack of a team that is YEARS away from serious sustained Super Bowl contention.

We are currently watching the rebirth of Washington Redskins--and #26 is one of the primary keys to our reemergence. I believe the results are crystal clear at this point; the Redskins are the unquestioned winner of the Bailey-Portis trade.

Archived