Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple saints player test positive for drugs

Ghent

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/24/report-rash-of-positive-drug-tests-ensnares-saints/

REPORT: “RASH” OF POSITIVE DRUG TESTS ENSNARES SAINTS

Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2008, 12:29 p.m. EDT

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver reports that there has been a “rash” of positive tests under the policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances.

Citing a “highly-placed NFL source,” Anderson reports that there have been as few as six and as many as ten positive results, resulting from players taking water pills in an effort to lose weight.

Per the report, three or four play for the Saints, including running back Deuce McAllister and defensive end Will Smith.

The substance in question is Bumetanide, which apparently can mask the presence of other substances, such as steroids.

Under the league’s policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances, a first offense results in a four-game suspension.

A little more information from ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3661845

Anderson's report cited "a rash of positive tests." The number is more than 10 and may exceed 15, two sources have told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

I'm going to assume Smith and McAllister are the biggest names on this since they are named in the article.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ny-spnfl1024,0,5395836.story

This link says 6-10, but on t.v they are saying 10-15 now. It is not what it seems like though, it is a diuretic in a water pill that is used to help players lose weight apparently and something in the supplement breaks the steroid policy because it is "used to mask other drugs".

Hopefully none of the Skins are included, so far they only have Will Smith and Duece from the Saints being named. They are claiming they didn't know the banned substance was in the supplement. If they can provide the supplement and show the ingredients does not list it, they will not be punished apparently. Kinda like what they offered Shawn Merriman, only he couldn't produce it (because he was probably BSing)

This list of players was just released as the 14 players who have broken the steroid policy:

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley

Jason Campbell

Chris Samuels

Ladell Betts

Shawn Springs

Carlos Rogers (no wonder he's playing so good)

Fred Smoot

Laron Landry

Santana Moss

Antwaan Randle El

Chris Horton

London Fletcher

Dan Orvlosky

Just kidding... but how bad would THAT suck?

This list of players was just released as the 14 players who have broken the steroid policy:

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley

Jason Campbell

Chris Samuels

Ladell Betts

Shawn Springs

Fred Smoot

Laron Landry

Santana Moss

Antwaan Randle El

Chris Horton

London Fletcher

Dan Orvlosky

:rotflmao: Dan Orvlosky.

I hope its the entire Dallas starting defense, that way they will have even more excuses. It's funny when Dallas gets a couple injuries the whole team gives up. Weren't the Redskins winning despite a death and several starters being out for most of 2007? Yeah, I think so.

];5730768']I think it has something to do with fluid retainment' date=' which causes you to lose weight.

I could be completely off base here, though.[/quote']

Yeah, I think they contain Niacin which causes you to dehydrate but also helps block some positive drug tests by "cleaning" your system out, or something like that.

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley

Jason Campbell

Chris Samuels

Ladell Betts

Shawn Springs

Fred Smoot

Laron Landry

Santana Moss

Antwaan Randle El

Chris Horton

London Fletcher

Dan Orvlosky

they need to check portis hes been trucking too many players.

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley

Jason Campbell

Chris Samuels

Ladell Betts

Shawn Springs

Fred Smoot

Laron Landry

Santana Moss

Antwaan Randle El

Chris Horton

London Fletcher

Dan Orvlosky

That's not funny...I saw the first two names and my heart skipped a beat...I am big, fat guy...you almost gave me a heart attack.

When I scrolled down further I realized it was a joke. I need to take some nitrates for chest pain.

Thanks.

That's not funny...I saw the first two names and my heart skipped a beat...I am big, fat guy...you almost gave me a heart attack.

When I scrolled down further I realized it was a joke. I need to take some nitrates for chest pain.

Thanks.

yeah same thing...I saw the first names and I was like :doh:

then I scrolled down and wanted to kill the poster ;)

Archived