Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gave the Obama redistribution idea a try today

Burgundy Burner

Got this idea from a friend who tried it yesterday in another part of the country...

This afternoon, I had to take my bi-monthly trip to Philadelphia for medical checks and all was well. I met up with two friends for an early supper - my treat. We sat down, ordered the meals, and enjoyed the atmosphere. I decided to strike up a conversation with the waitress and discovered that she supported Obama - hey, this is Philly and not too surprising.

After we finished eating, the check came and I explained to her that the money was there, but the tip was less than fifty cents - rounded up to the nearest dollar for the entire cost of the meal. She thought I was joking, but I told her that going back to South Jersey and crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge meant that I would encounter a couple of homeless people who spend a lot of time at the light entering the bridge (on the Vine St. Expressway). They seek money each day.

She tried to involve the manager, but to no avail. I told him that unless there was some sort of city ordnance that prohibits me from redistributing the wealth to the homeless person, then this was what I intended to do. She was really angry, but why? All I did was support what her candidate supports.

Several minutes later, the same homeless man that I have seen many times got a twenty from me and I explained why - he didn't really care, but was very grateful to receive the money. In time, the waitress may come to understand what happened today. Maybe not.

Got this idea from a friend who tried it yesterday in another part of the country...

This afternoon, I had to take my bi-monthly trip to Philadelphia for medical checks and all was well. I met up with two friends for an early supper - my treat. We sat down, ordered the meals, and enjoyed the atmosphere. I decided to strike up a conversation with the waitress and discovered that she supported Obama - hey, this is Philly and not too surprising.

After we finished eating, the check came and I explained to her that the money was there, but the tip was less than fifty cents - rounded up to the nearest dollar for the entire cost of the meal. She thought I was joking, but I told her that going back to South Jersey and crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge meant that I would encounter a couple of homeless people who spend a lot of time at the light entering the bridge (on the Vine St. Expressway). They seek money each day.

She tried to involve the manager, but to no avail. I told him that unless there was some sort of city ordnance that prohibits me from redistributing the wealth to the homeless person, then this was what I intended to do. She was really angry, but why? All I did was support what her candidate supports.

Several minutes later, the same homeless man that I have seen many times got a twenty from me and I explained why - he didn't really care, but was very grateful to receive the money. In time, the waitress may come to understand what happened today. Maybe not.

Wow.

Way to be a ****ing arrogant douchebag who is simply trying to prove a point.

That tip pays for that girls rent, food, utilities, insurance, etc.

And you had to try and prove a point.

Way to ****ing go, you should be ashamed.

congratulations, you proved that you're a :loser:

..and you wonder why this country is heading for the depths of hell.

What did your friend do to you other than disagree with your position on a political issue?

How far are some of you going to take this? When does it end and where do you draw the line?

You thought you were proving a point and you did. You proved that you are entirely capable of acting like an arrogant jackass when the situation calls for it.

Disagree with Obama and his policies all you want. Hell, do whatever you want. I can't tell you what to do- it's a free country. But why punish someone else because you wanted to prove a point?

I'm more than half your age. Grow the **** up.

That tip gets taxed and then re-distributed to the homeless guy under BO's re-distribution plan.

The OP just cut out the middle man.

Where's the problem?

:silly:

No it doesn't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but all Obama is trying to do is to roll back Bush's tax cuts. Which will increase the taxes of those making 250k by 3%.

Yup. Communism is clearly next.

No it doesn't.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but all Obama is trying to do is to roll back Bush's tax cuts. Which will increase the taxes of those making 250k by 3%.

Yup. Communism is clearly next.

Don't try to use rational thinking in the tailgate.

You know by now it doesn't work.

ignorant is the only word that could describe your post.

You know what it is man, panic is starting to set in. They're getting desperate now. Willing to sink to whatever low to feel good about themselves.

You can hear it in the voices of Rush and Hannity and whatever other right-wing radio guy. They are losing it. Just grasping at anything and everything.

It's not really maddening or frustrating or disgusting. It's more pathetic then anything. A bunch of *******.

I'm thinking of investing in tissue paper. These people are going to be crying rivers of tears on Nov 4th.

And I'm just going to laugh.

you're a disgusting individual to steal from the poor to give to the unemployed, you have strengthened my trust in barack obama

The outrage shown towards the OP makes me laugh...it sounds like an email forward to me....

Loosen up folks

If he had made this post months ago, it probably wouldn't cause the reaction that it has.

But think about it. This presidential race, for some reason, has tested patience and worn down both sides of the spectrum.

With less than two weeks to go, people are going to jump at the slightest thing.

Archived