Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GOP Strategist goes off about Obama taking campaign plane to "Visit Grandma"

Heisenberg

Yeah, as I listen to reports of over $150,000 spent on Sarah Palin's clothes, $5,000 on her husband, and the thousands she charged the state of Alaska for her and her daughter's trips.

And these are the same people that mocked John Edwards for a $400.00 haircut and Obama's plane usage to visit his grandmother?

I saw that interview. They started talking about the 3-1 ratio of Obama's campaign money vs McCain's and his response to that was to criticize what Obama's campaign is spending. Not two seconds after he made that comment, the very NEXT question to him was regarding the GOP spending on Palin's wardrobe and other stuff. He got owned today on that comment.

Something is fishy about this trip. She has a broken hip. While serious for a senior citizen, certainly not life threatening. Why couldn't this trip have waited until after the election? Could there be other reasons for his trip to Hawaii?:whoknows:I don't know. It just sounds strange that he would leave the campaign for a couple days this close to election day.

Something is fishy about this trip. She has a broken hip. While serious for a senior citizen, certainly not life threatening. Why couldn't this trip have waited until after the election? Could there be other reasons for his trip to Hawaii?:whoknows:I don't know. It just sounds strange that he would leave the campaign for a couple days this close to election day.

Years ago my grandmother broke her hip in a fall. She seemed to be on the road to recovery but she never returned from the hospital. At that age, due to the many complications that come from it, that is a VERY serious injury that many times ends up with a very sad family. It certainly is life threatening.

It's been reported the doctors have said this is the best time for family to visit before the end. It's typical that you would try to imply this - and considering the press corp basically demanded to come on the trip it would be obvious if the trip was for any other purpose. If you think Obama would risk his entire campaign on some lie you are crazy. :doh:

What is so fishy? Because, the doctors said this is life threatening, and this could be it for her, maybe? She did raise him for most of his natural born life. Come on man, have some decency about this situation. I would do the same if I was running for POTUS.

Oh comeon dude.

Nothing to see here. I personally have zero problem with Barry taking his campaign jet to Hawaii for whatever the reason. ITS HIS JET!

Years ago my grandmother broke her hip in a fall. She seemed to be on the road to recovery but she never returned from the hospital. At that age, due to the many complications that come from it, that is a VERY serious injury that many times ends up with a very sad family. It certainly is life threatening.

Thanks for the insight. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

What is so fishy? Because, the doctors said this is life threatening, and this could be it for her, maybe? She did raise him for most of his natural born life. Come on man, have some decency about this situation. I would do the same if I was running for POTUS.

If it's life threatening, why did he announce two days ago that he was going abd continued with campaigning? Why not drop everything and go? It's not indecent to ask the question.

Thanks for the insight. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

Thank you. It was years ago, and I've moved on with my life as we all have to. I just found it odd that the OP thought a broken hip on a person of that age wasn't in danger or in risk of death. One of those things that if you have personal experience with as a family member it is hard to not at least chime in.

EDIT: I didn't mean the OP. I meant you. Sorry.

Thank you. It was years ago, and I've moved on with my life as we all have to. I just found it odd that the OP thought a broken hip on a person of that age wasn't in danger or in risk of death. One of those things that if you have personal experience with as a family member it is hard to not at least chime in.

EDIT: I didn't mean the OP. I meant you. Sorry.

No offense taken. It was my impression that a broken hip meant serious life changes, like long term care or moving into a home, not something as tragic as passing on.

If it's life threatening, why did he announce two days ago that he was going abd continued with campaigning? Why not drop everything and go? It's not indecent to ask the question.

It is indecent. It's implying that there is some shady going on and Obama is using this poor woman's health for his own political gain or to take care of some phony business you have no proof of.

No offense taken. It was my impression that a broken hip meant serious life changes, like long term care or moving into a home, not something as tragic as passing on.

It can mean both, but it is, for many seniors, an unfortunate turning point. In that situation the immune system is hard fought to cope with possible infections, bone regeneration is retarded, etc. This opens up a bunch of new things that can happen. It isn't the broken hip that leads to passing, it is usually the complications that come from it. I'm not a doctor and I don't claim to be an expert, but from what I was told there were tons of other complications that come with such an even at an old age.

It can mean both, but it is, for many seniors, an unfortunate turning point. In that situation the immune system is hard fought to cope with possible infections, bone regeneration is retarded, etc. This opens up a bunch of new things that can happen. It isn't the broken hip that leads to passing, it is usually the complications that come from it. I'm not a doctor and I don't claim to be an expert, but from what I was told there were tons of other complications that come with such an even at an old age.

Not to mention that a lot of seniors are already pretty unhealthy by the time they reach the point of breaking their hip.

Appreciate the insight. My apologies if this brings up any bad memories.

He's going to see someone he cares about.

What's so goddamn hard to understand?

Do you have to have your heart surgically removed to become a Republican strategist? Listen to the sneer in his voice in the very first sentence. Disgusting.

Fishy?

From AFP:

Barack Obama said in an interview Thursday he decided to travel to the bedside of his ailing grandmother because he wanted to avoid making the same mistake he made by not rushing to his late mother's side before she died.

When Obama's Kansas-born mother, Ann Dunham, passed away, I "got there too late," he told CBS television.

Archived