Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whoa there pardner...Jason Garrett just isn't a very good coach...

tr1

Easy, easy puke-hype lovers...the numbers are in, and it doesn't look good for the 'wonder boy.'

Yes, yes, there were those incredible offensive games where balls that Romo sits to pee fumbled uncannily bounced back up into his hands...and then, there are those snaps that sailed over his head which he miraculously turned into positive gains. But, alas, the charmed life of the camp cupcake crowd seems to have come to an end.

As a certain someone has pointed out for the last two and a half years, if a team doubles TO and puts a CB on Witten, the boy genius coach and his gun slinging qb STILL try to force the ball into the Terrible One.

And, have you see Garrett the genius coach when he's behind? Granted, it hasn't happened often, but here's the scoop: He immediately abandons the run, panics and goes to the pass, pass, pass.

Now, a pass, pass, pass offense does work well against that pathetic puke defense, but it seldom works against better teams.

So, before we all crown Mr. Garrett the next puke head coach, I'd ask all who, like me, hold their noses and watch the pukes, to give an honest, objective comment on Mr. Garrett's abilities to take the reins.

Anyone?

Dude, trust me, I hate the Cowboys just as much as you do. But lets not get too low on the Cowboys just yet. I mean, even though the team isnt playing well, they're still 4-3. If they were 3-4, I would completely count them out at this point (yes, one game makes all difference).

With that being said, I think the Cowboys will lose to Tampa this week and then they'll start to bounce back. I even think they'll beat the Giants. Whether they make the playoffs or not, I dont know. The NFC East is tough and the NFC South is going to bring some teams....

I think the Cowboys will lose to Tampa this week and then they'll start to bounce back.

What makes you think they'll bounce back? That defense is NOT improving. Wade is still the coach. Romo sits to pee is out until they play us. And Barber is a fumbling machine.

Need I go on?

Easy, easy puke-hype lovers...the numbers are in, and it doesn't look good for the 'wonder boy.'

Yes, yes, there were those incredible offensive games where balls that Romo sits to pee fumbled uncannily bounced back up into his hands...and then, there are those snaps that sailed over his head which he miraculously turned into positive gains. But, alas, the charmed life of the camp cupcake crowd seems to have come to an end.

As a certain someone has pointed out for the last two and a half years, if a team doubles TO and puts a CB on Witten, the boy genius coach and his gun slinging qb STILL try to force the ball into the Terrible One.

And, have you see Garrett the genius coach when he's behind? Granted, it hasn't happened often, but here's the scoop: He immediately abandons the run, panics and goes to the pass, pass, pass.

Now, a pass, pass, pass offense does work well against that pathetic puke defense, but it seldom works against better teams.

So, before we all crown Mr. Garrett the next puke head coach, I'd ask all who, like me, hold their noses and watch the pukes, to give an honest, objective comment on Mr. Garrett's abilities to take the reins.

Anyone?

shhhhhh!

Don't let Jerrah read this. Let them implode and get worse on their own.

What makes you think they'll bounce back? That defense is NOT improving. Wade is still the coach. Romo sits to pee is out until they play us. And Barber is a fumbling machine.

Need I go on?

You have good points, and trust me, I hope Im wrong. But I think the Cowboys are still good enough to win some games and possibly go 9-7 to end the year.

However, as you pointed out, the one thing that I didnt quite think about was how bad their defense has been. If that doesnt improve, they'll continue to lose. Hell, maybe you're right. They may not win another game this year for that matter... I dont really give a **** about the Cowboys, so lets hope for the worst!

I think there's just too much turmoil, no leadership, no sense of team and Jerry's calling all the shots. If dallASS ends the season at 8-8, they'll be damn lucky.

If I'm wrong, so what. There's nothing wrong in hoping for the worst outcome possible for South Americas team.

Quite frankly, I don't think there's an O Coordinator in the league who would fail with Tony Romo sits to pee behind center.

you give Romo sits to pee too much credit

he has physical skills, but......

he doesn't have (or use) the mental skills needed to put the dedication to study film, and out smart a defense. Defenses are learning how to contain and confuse him... and taking away TO and his quick read.

Quite frankly, I don't think there's an O Coordinator in the league who would fail with Tony Romo sits to pee behind center.

He's a competent NFL qb, but he's nothing special. He had benefited from an o-line that was playing way, way above its level. He had two years of a healthy TO...and the pukes were injury free for about 24 months.

Good qbs throw the ball away when nothing is there. Good qbs take a sack when nothing is there.

Romo sits to pee would rather take a chance.

He also doesn't seem to be any kind of leader for his team.

In all honesty, I don't believe Garrett is such a big problem for them. He's not the mastermind he was annointed as last year, but the play design, selection and scheme hasn't been bad.

They just don't have enough leadership from their star players, and they don't play defense well enough.

Talent was overrated too. Played well last year and sent a boatload of players to the pro-bowl who simply are not star players. A pro-bowl center who regularly fails to execute a shotgun snap, a pro-bowl safety who can't cover anyone, a pro-bowl back who's a part-timer, etc.

Since when is Barber a fumbling "machine"?

I dont get this this statment.

He's fumbled 5 times in 7 games. That's a fumble every 25.6 carries. By contrast, Clinton Portis for his career fumbles once every 81.4 carries. Heck, Ladell Betts, who we feel has fumbling issues, fumbles once every 58.1 carries for his career.

Since when is Barber a fumbling "machine"?

I dont get this this statment.

59.5 points- Marion Barber Barber has fumbled the ball in three consecutive games, though he lost only one. In fact, he is tied with Chris Perry for the lead with five fumbles overall (Barber has lost two, Perry three).

http://www.rototimes.com/article/2008/10/NFL-Player-Rater-Review-6

Nobody brings up Dallas losing Sparano to the Dolphins. Parcells got the coach he wanted and that sorry team is doing almost as well as the Pukes lately except they have just about no talent on the team while Dallas was ranked top 5 at almost every position on the field a few months ago when the entire ESPN organization was swinging from their nuts.

In all honesty, I don't believe Garrett is such a big problem for them. He's not the mastermind he was annointed as last year, but the play design, selection and scheme hasn't been bad.

They just don't have enough leadership from their star players, and they don't play defense well enough.

Talent was overrated too. Played well last year and sent a boatload of players to the pro-bowl who simply are not star players. A pro-bowl center who regularly fails to execute a shotgun snap, a pro-bowl safety who can't cover anyone, a pro-bowl back who's a part-timer, etc.

Could'nt have said it better myself! I learned just a week ago that their center was awarded a pro-bowl last year, which is insane. Didnt he have like 3 botched snaps against us last year? Thats just the one game I saw. And how is Roy Williams a pro bowler? Wierd.

Jason will get the nod next season. And that is a good thing because that will be the point in time when Dallas starts to resemble Oakland. Jerrah is headed down a path that has previously been walked by Al Davis. How many times have we seen Jerrah on the sidelines during tight games. He wants to be so involved it has become a detriment to the team. That Hard Knocks junk on TV highlights it.

If you were Romo sits to pee or TO would you want to walk off the field in Dallas' playoff game last year only to see Jerrah's disapproving face? He needs to stay in his box. He will start going through coaches at an alarming rate and no one will want to work for him.

That's a good point from SkinsFTW. Sporano is a good leader, and he is a hard-ass, two things that the Cowboys coaching staff is missing. I also agree that Garrett tends to fall in love with the pass too often. We've seen Mike Martz take that path before, and for some odd reason, he still continues to get a job.

Archived