Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone nervous about facing Calvin Johnson on Sunday?

RonArtest15

This would have been our guy had he fallen to us in the 07' draft, or if we had been successful in trying to trade up. He has one of the most unique skill-sets at the WR position in the entire NFL. Here's a dude 6'5" 240, who runs in the 4.3's. If I remember correctly, he even graded higher than Randy Moss when he came out of GT.

Our DB's have done a nice job in keeping Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, Braylon Edwards, Desean Jackson, etc in check. Does our gameplan change at all as far as trying to pressure Dan Orlovsky to make some harder throws to his WR's? Johnson last week had 2 catches for 154 yards and 2 TD's. He's their only weapon on defense, but I am just fearful of a letdown. I think matching up against Johnson might be our toughest challenge yet as far as the CB/WR matchups. Laron Landry might be a little busy this week if they try for the deep ball. Calvin Johnson is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, and I just really hope we can keep his #'s down.

Is this a joke? They have Dan Orvlosky throwing the ball to him. Rogers will be covering him just fine. They can't run the ball. Blitzing alot will be something we can do to throw Orlovsky off and rattle him and go man.

seriously, scared? lions? what? I would love to have CJ though, and I thinks it's awful that players like him, darren mcfadden, chris long, etc have to waste their careers playing for garbage teams. I would love to have CJ on our team, that man is a MONSTER

Looking over their stats, he is the only legit threat they have right now. Their RB looks pretty good too but it seems like they abandon the run quickly. CJ may burn us once or twice if we aren't careful but that shouldn't be enough.

seriously, scared? lions? what? I would love to have CJ though, and I thinks it's awful that players like him, darren mcfadden, chris long, etc have to waste their careers playing for garbage teams. I would love to have CJ on our team, that man is a MONSTER

Dude, the point of drafting these players is that they become the centerpiece for a better team to built around them. That's why the draft is designed the way it is...

Dude, the point of drafting these players is that they become the centerpiece for a better team to built around them. That's why the draft is designed the way it is...

Uh yeah, sure. But when you keep drafting wide receivers at #1, it doesn't work. There's a reason Matt Millen is gone. And there is a reason Al Davis is loathed by so many.

Seriously? He'd better be afraid of getting popped by Carlos or Landry. I doubt that they'll put Springs on him seeing as how 'Los has been playing lights out and Springs is banged up. Remember, Blache loves one dimesional offenses as he forces them to "use their left hand." He always takes away a team's strengths. You may see Detroit get a few rushing yards, but the Skins, for sure, will not let anything get deep. Horton and Landry are quick to the ball, so I don't forsee Calvin J. getting much YAC. IMO, you have to have an offense that can match the physicality of the Redskins D in order to beat them. The Lions don't possess that. Just my :2cents:

HTTR

Archived