ESPN: Pass Plays: The hidden gems amongst the many underachievers

bubba9497

http://insider.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=3655035

Click link for entire article

Pass Plays: The hidden gems amongst the many underachievers

Antwaan Randle El

1021joyner.jpg

(available in 49.7% of ESPN leagues)

Say what you will about the Denver pass defense, for my money the Lions have by far the most porous pass coverage unit around. Their best cornerback right now is Leigh Bodden, and he is sporting a 10.7 YPA. The Silver and Blue don't do much against the run either, so Washington will certainly spend a lot of time on the ground, but Jim Zorn isn't about to let the incredibly favorable pass matchups go untested. Look for Randle El to have a couple of shots on bomb routes in this game.

Um, do they remember the Rams? They were the worst Defense. I'd love for our Offense to click on ALL cilinders and win this next one big. I just haven't seen anything yet this year to make me believe they will actually do it like that though. Need to just be happy with the wins, for now. :cheers:

i'm not an insider Bubba...can you post the rest?

x2 :)

Um, do they remember the Rams? They were the worst Defense. I'd love for our Offense to click on ALL cilinders and win this next one big. I just haven't seen anything yet this year to make me believe they will actually do it like that though. Need to just be happy with the wins, for now. :cheers:

x2 :)

I hear you, but you cannot in reality say the Rams defense beat us. It was the Redskins offense that beat us.

That was a crazy day I would like to forget. In my mind, we should be 6-1 righ about now. Reality sucks.

Randle El hasn't run any deep "bomb" routes since he was in Pittsburgh. All of his routes are underneath and crossing patterns. Even Thrash is more likely to run something deep.

Analysts :doh:

Where did it say anything about a deep bomb? And are you forgetting that 4th & 1 slant that he ran against Detroit last year? The one that came just short of the goal line? He can put up big yardage.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread the OP. This post still stands, though; he can put up big yardage even without deep routes.

Where did it say anything about a deep bomb? And are you forgetting that 4th & 1 slant that he ran against Detroit last year? The one that came just short of the goal line? He can put up big yardage.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread the OP. This post still stands, though; he can put up big yardage even without deep routes.

Apples and oranges. Sure, he can put up good yardage with YAC as in your slant example. That doesn't mean he runs deep routes.

Randle El hasn't run any deep "bomb" routes since he was in Pittsburgh. All of his routes are underneath and crossing patterns. Even Thrash is more likely to run something deep.

Analysts :doh:

I think i remember 2 big catches in the opener in 07

Archived