Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys down but OUT?

SWFLSkins

I know this is not going to be popular here, but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit. The Redskins are playing just well enough to win close games and even lost one of those. The Cowboys have a myriad of issues on and off the field, the fans are reeling. The Giants are playing well enough to stay out in front if they continue.

My point is the Redskins are only one game in front of the Cowboys and there is alot of football left. Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but really there is alot of football too be played. The NFCEast is shown to be a tough division. I just think as good as it is right now, we the fans need to be realistic in our expectations.

I truly hope the rise of the Redskins continues and the demise in Dallas picks up steam obviously, but right now, we are just one up. And the Giants are on cruise control, they need to hit a bump in the road. Oh and don't forget Philly, or well, DO.

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck

I know this is not going to be popular here, but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit. The Redskins are playing just well enough to win close games and even lost one of those. The Cowboys have a myriad of issues on and off the field, the fans are reeling. The Giants are playing well enough to stay out in front if they continue.

Honestly -- as much as I've loved kicking the Cowboys when they're down -- the NFC East has had many miraculous turnarounds before:

2005 -- The Skins were 5-6, just lost in OT to the Chargers, who would have thought we would have reeled of 5 straight to make the playoffs? Well we did, and beat Tampa in their house...

2006 -- The Iggles were sitting at the same 5-6, McNabb was out for the season, Garcia was in and not doing very well, losing 2 straight and 5 of their last 6. They too reeled off 5 straight to take the division, and also beat the Giants in the playoffs.

2007 -- The Skins again were sitting at 5-7, team battered by a litany of injuries, Sean Taylor had just died, 6 starters were out. We all know the story...

2007 -- The New York Football Giants. No need to go any further into that one...

Let's not quite proclaim the Cowboys dead just yet. But if/when they are, I will be more then happy do dance on their grave!

My point is the Redskins are only one game in front of the Cowboys and there is alot of football left. Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but really there is alot of football too be played. The NFCEast is shown to be a tough division. I just think as good as it is right now, we the fans need to be realistic in our expectations.

I truly hope the rise of the Redskins continues and the demise in Dallas picks up steam obviously, but right now, we are just one up. And the Giants are on cruise control, they need to hit a bump in the road. Oh and don't forget Philly, or well, DO.

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck

Here's the difference between the Skins and all the other teams in the NFCE...they were expected to come in last in the division.

And they have:

-- Beat the pukes at their house;

-- Beat the Eagles at their house;

-- Beat five (?) top ten offensive teams...meaning their defense is sound;

-- Beat teams with key defensive players out;

-- No INT's

-- The pukes are reeling...if Romo sits to pee isn't back for the next three games, they're done. The TO saga comes into it's own this weekend. Tampa is not a push over...BJ could get hurt;

-- The Giants' opponents quality has been suspect;

-- The Eagles are without Westbrook. They'll flash, but not dominate.

The fact that the Skins are competitive and competent shouldn't be discounted as we travel forward.

Enjoy.

:cheers:

Here's the difference between the Skins and all the other teams in the NFCE...they were expected to come in last in the division.

And they have:

-- Beat the pukes at their house;

-- Beat the Eagles at their house;

-- Beat five (?) top ten offensive teams...meaning their defense is sound;

-- Beat teams with key defensive players out;

-- No INT's

-- The pukes are reeling...if Romo sits to pee isn't back for the next three games, they're done. The TO saga comes into it's own this weekend. Tampa is not a push over...BJ could get hurt;

-- The Giants' opponents quality has been suspect;

-- The Eagles are without Westbrook. They'll flash, but not dominate.

The fact that the Skins are competitive and competent shouldn't be discounted as we travel forward.

Enjoy.

:cheers:

All good points, and yes if they continue to lose these three games the way they lost the last two, then TO will unravel. I think the point is the media crowned them ahead of schedule, now they are ripping them apart, is that the motivation for a turn around the Cowboys are so desparate for. Or will we continue to see the dysfunctional Jones family? It seems as though injuries are playing a part as well and that is tough to overcome.

Hail to the Redskins. :dallasuck

It's a long season. Nothing is guaranteed. The Cowboys absolutely could regroup. They are too talented to count out completely.

But after going 1-3 over their past four games, with that one win being a squeaker over possibly the worst team in the league, it's safe to say the Cowboys are on the verge of a total meltdown. A turnaround better happen soon or it could get real ugly down there.

good post, no the Boys are not out of it yet.....There are 8 teams with a better or equal winning record as the boys right now in the NFC...4 of those spots will be divisional champs and two will fight for the wild card...there are also a few teams that have a worst record then the boys that could easily turn it around and make a run also with plenty of games left to do just that. I agree the Skins were 5-7 last year and turned it around and made the playoffs...........you have to alway expect a team or two might do the same this year.......So as much as TR1 and a few other would love to put Dallas 6 feet in the ground its still way to early to count many of the teams out just yet including Dallas.......The next few weeks will be interesting to say the least as there are several head to head games in each division that will start to separate the pretenders from the contenders...

I agree. The Redskins could easily regress with the way they have played the last two games.

The Cowboys are still talented and are only 4-3. They can still turn the season around. I just hope that they implode. However, they are not a high character team from top to bottom. Things like losing to "lesser" opponents to a team with a large inflated ego can really hurt them down the road.

Honestly -- as much as I've loved kicking the Cowboys when they're down -- the NFC East has had many miraculous turnarounds before:

2005 -- The Skins were 5-6, just lost in OT to the Chargers, who would have thought we would have reeled of 5 straight to make the playoffs? Well we did, and beat Tampa in their house...

2006 -- The Iggles were sitting at the same 5-6, McNabb was out for the season, Garcia was in and not doing very well, losing 2 straight and 5 of their last 6. They too reeled off 5 straight to take the division, and also beat the Giants in the playoffs.

2007 -- The Skins again were sitting at 5-7, team battered by a litany of injuries, Sean Taylor had just died, 6 starters were out. We all know the story...

2007 -- The New York Football Giants. No need to go any further into that one...

Notice that none of those are Cowboys teams?

When was the last time Dallas came out of nowhere and won way more games than expected? 1991?

It's a long season. Nothing is guaranteed. The Cowboys absolutely could regroup. They are too talented to count out completely.

But after going 1-3 over their past four games, with that one win being a squeaker over possibly the worst team in the league, it's safe to say the Cowboys are on the verge of a total meltdown. A turnaround better happen soon or it could get real ugly down there.

I've been hearing a lot about Dallas' talent. Outside of Owens and Ware, where's the talent. I see a bunch of overrated players that get a bunch of media hype whenever they catch a pass or make a tackle. Romo sits to pee is effective under Wade Phillips system, however, the mediots that are ordaining him to be Hall of Fame caliber will soon be exposed. Without Terrell Owens, Romo sits to pee and Witten struggle mightily. Marion Barber has gained 40 yards on about 30 carries in his last three games against the Skins. Let's cut it out. Any other team in sports that hadn't won a playoff game since 96' would not be favored to go to the Championship every season. Isn't this the team with (eh-hem) 13 Pro-bowlers? Even with Romo sits to pee and Roy Williams out they should have no problems since they have 11 left right. After this weekend they'll be 4-4 and maybe we can stop the hype machine.

The Boys aren't out of it, but they do have a brutal schedule left. The next three games, a two week reprieve, and then a brutal close to the season.

The Giants face a playoff contender every week for the rest of the season. Their schedule is killer with no bye week. Five NFC East games. We will see exactly what the Giants are in the next couple of weeks. I don't recall ever seeing such a front loaded schedule and back end killer. But they are the Superbowl champs so they should have it hard.

Really the Redskins have set themselves up well with four games against non-playoff contenders and all of the NFC east games at home. But they need to get better than they are playing right now.

The Eagles are in decent shape too in my opinion with an easier schedule than Dallas and New York.

At this point it really wouldn't surprise me to see any of these teams win the NFC East and any of them to be a wild card. It wouldn't surprise me to see any of them sitting at home come playoff time. Injuries will obviously play a role in the second half too.

I believe there is just to much turmoil in dallASS for them to overcome. No sense of team, no team leader, an owner who plays the Head Coach, a Head Coach who has no authority, an over rated Offensive coordinator who is waiting in the dark to be JJ's next puppet Head Coach, a mental midget named TO ready to explode, a turnover machine in their QB, no o-line protection and no defense, just to name a few of their problems.

That's a whole hell of a lot to overcome in the next 10 weeks.

Burn in Hell dallASS :evil: Burn in Hell

:point2sky Hip Hip Hooray :point2sky

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

I don't think they are done, but sometimes it's just nice to gloat a little. And as far as the Giants on cruise control, since when is a 1/2 game lead on cruise control? Yes, any of the teams have a chance, it's the team that handles adversity down the stretch that I think has the best chance of winning it. The Skins have alot of experience in that. Doesn't matter what the schedule is.

The Boys aren't out of it, but they do have a brutal schedule left. The next three games, a two week reprieve, and then a brutal close to the season.

The Giants face a playoff contender every week for the rest of the season. Their schedule is killer with no bye week. Five NFC East games. We will see exactly what the Giants are in the next couple of weeks. I don't recall ever seeing such a front loaded schedule and back end killer. But they are the Superbowl champs so they should have it hard.

Really the Redskins have set themselves up well with four games against non-playoff contenders and all of the NFC east games at home. But they need to get better than they are playing right now.

The Eagles are in decent shape too in my opinion with an easier schedule than Dallas and New York.

At this point it really wouldn't surprise me to see any of these teams win the NFC East and any of them to be a wild card. It wouldn't surprise me to see any of them sitting at home come playoff time. Injuries will obviously play a role in the second half too.

All points above are exactly my thoughts!!

The division is still very much up for grabs with several key matchups yet to be played.

Notice that none of those are Cowboys teams?

When was the last time Dallas came out of nowhere and won way more games than expected? 1991?

2003 in Fattie Mantitties first season. Of course, they only played 4 teams with winning records that year. The came back to Earth the next season though when they played a tougher schedule.

I'm not counting dallas out yet..

They jus tnot as good as the media made them out to be..

their also not as bad as the media is making them out to be now..

Overated media!

Thanks for posting that, it was the jist of the thread. The media won't forsake itself and now are jumping on the crash wagon. I wish that just one of the outlets would have the integrity-Ha, to just say Wow, we got that one wrong.

Archived