Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Difference Between This Year and The Super Bowl Teams

dy44

This team will have a breakout game at some point that will determine their season. What we need is some scores from the D or Special teams. Our Offense needs a little cushion right now to get on track. If the game is not tight our young WR can get some reps and some confidence. We get scores on Specials or D and we may get on an Offensive Roll will CP and our other weapons ( DT, MK and FD )

IN SEASONS OF THE SUPER BOWL WINS THE D AND ST HAS SCORED POINTS. LETS GET SOME POINTS IN THOSE AREAS TO ALLOW THE PASSING GAME TO PROGRESS.

There's a lot of games left. Quite frankly, I think that many people are taking for granted that we've had a pretty tough schedule. We've played some good teams. Every team that we've played so far has either a winning record or has beaten a team with a winning record, so to assume that we should be getting defensive scores and Teams scores is a bit unrealistic, at least at some regularity. We've played top notched qbs as well, Anderson aside IMO. So, those t.o.'s aren't going to be there often. Our Teams unit is not only scrambled with regard to personnel from week to week, but they're young. And, we don't have the right guy returning punts IMO. BTW I love ARE as a 2nd receiver and slot guy though.

There will be opportunities for defensive scores and Teams scores when we play teams that don't match up well against us. We've just played against teams that are good, and they haven't given us much. We'll have some of the things you're talking about happen soon...like really soon if you know what I mean ;)

HTTR

I'm not a happy camper. No interceptions, hardly any sacks, no kick returns, and hardly any bombs to WRs. Its a bend-don't-break defense mixed with a dink-n-dunk offense and alotta CP. Reminds me of the Ravens SB team. I'm not sure this is a recipee for a successful playoff run. I would like to see more offensive fire power and more points scored. Zorn has turned way too conservative the last two games for my taste. He is beginning to look to resemble Gibbs.

I'm not a happy camper. No interceptions, hardly any sacks, no kick returns, and hardly any bombs to WRs. Its a bend-don't-break defense mixed with a dink-n-dunk offense and alotta CP. Reminds me of the Ravens SB team. I'm not sure this is a recipee for a successful playoff run. I would like to see more offensive fire power and more points scored. Zorn has turned way too conservative the last two games for my taste. He is beginning to look to resemble Gibbs.

The defense has five picks actually and is tied for 6th place in the NFL for most interceptions...

I kinda like were we are at right now. We just need a rookie to emerge from the 3 as a play maker over the next 4 or 5 weeks. If that happens then look out!.... Right now we are finding ways to win tough games and on track to be 12-4. We really just couldnt design the first 7 games of this season much better for us. If we were blowing out teams then we would end up peaking to early just as Dallas does almost every year and then fissle out in the playoffs. Hell, they peaked at week 3! lol....

I actually expected the Browns game to go the way it did, close and decided late

Would have loved to have crushed the Rams but that game had a bad feel to it and, sadly, it lived up to that :doh:

But the Rams might be better than their 0-4 start and might show that in the following weeks

This game with the Lions has the chance to be the big breakout game, but after that Rams game, I have learned not to get my hopes up

Skins have scored points off turnovers.

Just because they haven't run one in doesn't mean the Skins aren't winning in that area.

Skins are still +3 in turnover ratio, a sign of a defense with championship potential. Throw in the fact that Springs, the best CB on the roster has been out, and I think you have a legit argument that this might be the Skins year. If the passing game makes some strides by seasons end this thing could get real fun.

... mixed with a dink-n-dunk offense and alotta CP. ...I'm not sure this is a recipee for a successful playoff run. I would like to see more offensive fire power and more points scored. Zorn has turned way too conservative the last two games for my taste. He is beginning to look to resemble Gibbs.
I'm wondering if Zorn is purposely keeping out the good stuff - saving it for Steelers and Cowboys? Because the play calling has become very vanilla compared to the big wins in Dallas and Philly, and you have to wonder what is going on.

I'm wondering if Zorn is purposely keeping out the good stuff - saving it for Steelers and Cowboys? Because the play calling has become very vanilla compared to the big wins in Dallas and Philly, and you have to wonder what is going on.

I seriously doubt that. If so, that's a pretty arrogant approach by Zorn and it could be argued that it has already cost us one win. I don't think that's the case. Here's my take:

--Zorn surprised people early on. Not much film on him, and teams had a hard time getting reads on his offense.

--Adjustments have been made and things aren't working as well for Zorn now. Teams have obviously keyed in on Santana and by taking him out of the game, they've limited our passing game. While CP has gotten better in recent weeks, our overall production has gone down. Maybe teams are taking the approach that you can let the Redskins run on you, but you can keep them off the scoreboard if you limit the passing game?

--Now, after a few weeks of looking a tad sluggish offensively, Zorn needs to adjust to the adjustments.

I seriously doubt that. If so, that's a pretty arrogant approach by Zorn and it could be argued that it has already cost us one win. I don't think that's the case. Here's my take:

--Zorn surprised people early on. Not much film on him, and teams had a hard time getting reads on his offense.

--Adjustments have been made and things aren't working as well for Zorn now. Teams have obviously keyed in on Santana and by taking him out of the game, they've limited our passing game. While CP has gotten better in recent weeks, our overall production has gone down. Maybe teams are taking the approach that you can let the Redskins run on you, but you can keep them off the scoreboard if you limit the passing game?

--Now, after a few weeks of looking a tad sluggish offensively, Zorn needs to adjust to the adjustments.

I don't necessarily agree with that.

Rams game: Offense was very productive and could have been more so if not for 3 turnovers, which also gives momentum to the other team and loses some for our team. 368 yards on offense that you have to assume would have been more if not for turnovers. One of them directly led to the only touchdown by the Rams. So I wouldn't say the Rams caught on to what Zorn was doing by any means

Browns game: JC was hurt early. It influenced JZ game plan by running the ball more. We all know JZ likeds to throw. JC looked off on a handful of his passes which could have been his groin strain. Again, 351 yards of offense. It could have been more if JC wasn't hurt. I think Zorn was being conservative, but again, unusual circumstances.

We are getting into the middle of the season where teams get tired. WE are still playing hard. A couple of rough games but turnovers where a factor, even in the Browns game.

I think that after the dramatic turnaround from the first loss to the 4 wins in a row we got tricked into thinking we had everything figured out. I think we're still a work in progress. The passing game is still evolving a lot, but we've been fortunate enough to have a running game to lean on and still win games. Let's see how things progress as the season goes on before we judge what we are as a team.

Archived