Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's better: GM buying Chrysler or Renault buying Chrysler?

88Comrade2000

What's better: GM buying Chrysler or Renault buying Chrysler?

I am going to go with the latter. GM buying Chrysler means the end all the Chrysler cars and all the Dodge cars except for their minivan. Jeep would still be around.

It would be better to merge with Renault. Renault already has a stake in Nissan. Can't remember if they completely own Nissan. Renault turned around Nissan. I think they can do a good job with Chrysler and it will give Renault another entry way back into the U.S. market. Plus, Renault has a previous relationship with Chrysler.

It would be sad to see Chrysler just completely vanish; because I think at least design wise they have some decent cars. That wouldn't survive under GM.

I honestly don't see a merger with GM happening because it would mean the end of 2 automotive brands and I don't see that being allowed to happen.

GM only gains Jeep and the minivan; there's nothing else GM would want. Hell, GM needs to shed at least 2 of it's brands now. There really is no reason for Buick. Also, you don't need both Saturn and Pontiac; so one of those can die.

I honestly don't see a merger with GM happening because it would mean the end of 2 automotive brands and I don't see that being allowed to happen.

GM only gains Jeep and the minivan; there's nothing else GM would want. Hell, GM needs to shed at least 2 of it's brands now. There really is no reason for Buick. Also, you don't need both Saturn and Pontiac; so one of those can die.

I disagree. I like Buick and Pontiac and the image they represent.

My Father will only buy a Pontiac. I think the Buick crowd is on their way to having their DLs revoked because of age though.

Saturn is a good car as well and different than the norm.

DOesn't GM regularly state that it is losing profits and jobs aka always having financial dificulties of some sort and yet they are trying to buy another company like Chrysler?

Am I the only one that thinks that's ludicrous and foresees another gov't bailout in the future?

Chrysler would be better off with a Renault purchase. Carlos Ghosn, Pres of both Renaul and Nissan, turned Nissan around from almost certain economic doom and look at them now. Nissan has cemented itself as the 3rd largest automaker in Japan, and it's market share globally is increasing. They are also branching out into new markets like India.

Keep in mind that this would only be a good idea if Ghosn stays on as President of Renault. He is the main, no check that, the ONLY reason Nissan and Renault are having as much sucess as they have seen lately.

Archived