Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Lions game will be very important long term

IbleedBnG83

The Redskins have really lost that spark they had after going to Dallas and Philly. The sense of urgency to score in the Rams game was pathetic. Of course turnovers were what killed us, but I think most people would like to have seen a little better clock management and passing down the stretch.

The Browns game was suppose to help rebound us, but if anything, it was worse than the Rams game offensively. We weren't as productive through the air. I realize JC was injured, but we still need to come out firing again. The ground game is good, but it chews up so much time, that we end up with a couple of TD's in the fourth while it only can take a few minutes for another team to come back, especially when we are playing prevent type of defense. Again, another turnover almost lost us the game.

I think the Lions game, as easy as they are, is another opponent the Redskins need to treat like the Cowboys or Eagles. The team needs to be playing with a purpose and not making mistakes. Zorn needs to begin passing more and looking to get back to his aggressive style. The Lions game will help set up a BIG Monday night game against the Steelers before going into the bye week. I would like to the team go 7-2 into the by.

If we play the way we have been next week against the Lions, I really don't see how we will do well against the Steelers. This game will important for the Redskins to get their mojo back.:helmet:

I'll say this I would like to see this team score on the opening possession in Detriot. If you look back besides the gift fumble St Louis gave us we haven't scored a touchdown in the first half in the past three games. We need to set a tone early, and on the road I expect Coach Zorn to get the passing game going early next week.

One other note I would like to see if more vertical plays down the field. This seems to have went away since the Dallas game.

The Skins are a team that must learn to take EVERY opponent seriously. This team has a nasty habit of playing up or down to the competition. While that makes for some exciting games, it will also come back to bite them--see the Rams game.

Maintaining focus vs. every opponent regardless of their record is the only way for this team to reach their full potential. Handling the Lions will go a long way towards setting them up for a playoff run even though the Lions themselves haven't shown much this season. Every win counts as much as the next one in the standings.

The Skins are a team that must learn to take EVERY opponent seriously. This team has a nasty habit of playing up or down to the competition. While that makes for some exciting games, it will also come back to bite them--see the Rams game.

Maintaining focus vs. every opponent regardless of their record is the only way for this team to reach their full potential.

I was hoping to see that after the Rams game, but I feel like we didn't. The defense was great, but the offense had no spark. Play calling was questionable, but again, there were extenuating circumstances. I'll give Zorn a pass for this game, but the Lions game will be very important for morale for both fans and players.

I think that Zorn needs to stretch the field against the Lions, I agree that the run game is looking great right now, but that doesn't mean we need to depend on it. The offense had a lot more flow to it against the Saints, Cards, Cowboys, and Eagles. I was loving it when Zorn was opening up the running game by passing the ball.

If we get a big lead in the first half, I truly believe that Zorn should put Thomas and Kelly in the game a TON in the second half, they need to get experience and what better time than if we are winning big.

Honestly, I think we can pin most of the 1st half trouble on the holding penalty on Mike Sellars that bumped us back to the 9 yard line. CP had a 12 yard run out to the 30 and it really looked like the offense was going to have some life, but when it got called back it sucked all the air out of the stadium. They had a hard time getting out of the shadow of their own goalpost after that.

Let me just say I disagree with your basic premise, but i do agree the lions game is big. every game is big, NFC games even moreso.

But I am ecstatic with 5-2, I don't care how "ugly" any win is. If you had told me that our rookie head coach was going to have uncertainty at right tackle, get nothing from our 2nd round picks and be without Shawn Springs off and on, I would never have guessed 5-2 as our start. I would have been ok with 3-4 as long as we were improving.

That said, I want to absolutely crush these kittens. destroy, humiliate and wreck them.

I got love for Martin Mayhew but I want to dominate them...these tight games are exciting but nerve-wracking, and our first major beat-down is in order.

Honestly, I think we can pin most of the 1st half trouble on the holding penalty on Mike Sellars that bumped us back to the 9 yard line. CP had a 12 yard run out to the 30 and it really looked like the offense was going to have some life, but when it got called back it sucked all the air out of the stadium. They had a hard time getting out of the shadow of their own goalpost after that.

I agree that penulties currently hurt this offense. The few times the offense has been able to recover from a sack or penulty by passing downfield we have been successful. Hopefully, the passing game will get more on track the second half of the season.

I am not complaining. It usually takes a year in a new system to completely grasp all the details.

If I were the Washington Redskins, I would not take the Detroit Lions for granted just because their record is 0-6. Regardless of win-loss records and stats, the players in Detroit are also professionals, paid x-amount of money to play pro football, and be very competitive as well. It is any given Sunday in NFL. Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

I hope Zorn calls more innovative and deceptive pass plays in the long run along with sticking to the running game.

I hope Zorn calls more innovative and deceptive pass plays in the long run along with sticking to the running game.

My piont exactly. We need to not only play with intensity, but take advantage of Detroits defense, or lack there of, and try and establish a strong passing game and mixing things up. This game will be good to help set up the Steelers game then the bye week.

This team has a nasty habit of playing up or down to the competition. While that makes for some exciting games, it will also come back to bite them--see the Rams game.

Seeing as how the Rams just spanked the Cowboys, perhaps instead of playing up or down to their competition, maybe all of their competition has just been...good?

Seeing as how the Rams just spanked the Cowboys, perhaps instead of playing up or down to their competition, maybe all of their competition has just been...good?

We dominated the Rams. The turnovers killed us. The Browns was a weird game. We didn't look like the Redskins of the first part of the season. We need to get that going again these next two games before going into the bye. We can use the bye to game plan, get healthy, and pull another win against Dallas at home!

I am probably in the minority here, but I am fine with just running the hell out of Portis. It's Skins football. "We are going left, now see if you can stop us" smash mouth football. I didn't think Campbell had a bad game at all. His passer rating was 97 which most QB's in the NFL would be very happy with. He didn't put up gaudy stats, but who cares. He didn't need to. We know he can throw it when he needs to. They are being smart with the football right now. I don't mind them playing conservative at times. With Zorn calling the running play at the end of the game, it was a smart move. Not only now, but for the future also. Teams know he is willing to toss it on short yardage on 4th down, now they will have to play it honestly. They can't push to much on the run because Campbell with throw it and they can't play the pass because Portis could run it. It just puts more question marks on the opposing coaches and that is ALWAYS a good thing.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game yesterday, it wasn't flashy, but it was hard hitting and a joy to watch in my opinion. We just beat them up. I like that.

Archived