Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per CBS: Jones: Romo 'very likely' to play Sunday

Dance04

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11043956

IRVING -- Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips wanted to keep the starting quarterback decision under wraps until Sunday, but his boss apparently didn't get the memo.

Jerry Jones, in his weekly appearance with 1310 The Ticket's Norm Hitzges, said that it looks like Tony Romo sits to pee will play Sunday against the Rams with a fractured pinkie finger on his throwing hand.

"It's very likely that he'll be ready to play," Jones said. "The question is, can he handle the pain?"

Moments later, Phillips said in his news conference that a decision still hasn't been made. When informed of Jones' comments, he said: "Whatever Jerry says, I'm going with."

Jones said there is no concern about Romo sits to pee causing further damage to the pinkie. There is plenty of concern about the Cowboys, who have lost two of three games, fighting for a playoff berth.

"I know how important the game is and how important it is to us," Jones said. "Our team, certainly, we're under siege to a certain degree with our injury situation right now, so I think we'll be a better team weeks down the road. But what we can't do is, with something of our own making, so to speak, or decision-making relative to who's playing and not playing, we shouldn't compromise ourselves relative to our won-loss record. We've got to get into the playoffs."

Romo sits to pee dressed for Friday's practice, wearing a different wrap on his right hand than Thursday, but backup Brad Johnson took all the snaps with the starting offense during the media access portion of the workout.

I dont even know how to respond to this. Al Davis JR.

The undermining of Phillips by Jerruh is reaching epic proportions. I can't believe that:

1) He is so blatantly doing it. Jerruh doesn't even pay Wade lip service anymore.

2) That Wade so meekly accepts it. He is fine with basically having been publicly emasculated by his boss.

Words cannot express how happy the imminent doom of this situation makes me :).

Report: Romo sits to pee's start streak will end at 32, but he'll be active for Cowboys

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3651352

Moments later, Phillips said in his news conference that a decision still hasn't been made. When informed of Jones' comments, he said: "Whatever Jerry says, I'm going with."
Hey Wade, go get us coffee byatch.

How can the Cowboy players still respect Wade?

How can they take anything he says serious?

Even if he plays and the Boys blow out the Rams with no consequences, I'm going on record as saying that putting Romo sits to pee in is a stupid mistake. You don't put your already injured QB in harms way and risk further, more serious injury in a game that you frankly should be able to win with Phillips himself under center. The risk-reward is totally off balance.

Archived