Extremeskins

McCain Campaign: Northern VA is not "Real Virginia"

Cooked Crack

Should moss return punts?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should moss return punts?

• yes
    • no

okay, I listened to that clip twice. She said two things that reinforce a message:

1. They, the Democrats have just moved into Northern Virginia from D.C.

2. The Real Virginia is more Southern in nature.

It's hard to think that an intelligent and educated person would randomly string these two comments together in a 30 second interview and not mean "The blacks took over Northern Virginia, and real Virginia Southerners will vote as the racists they are." I think she intended her comments in that way, not daring to cut to the chase.

Disclaimer. Even though I now live in Oregon, I did live in Northern Virginia for 9 years, and West Virginia (Harpers Ferry) for 3.

Do you patrol every political thread?:silly:

names leonard washington, and youre a wanted man.

LeonardWashington.jpg

actually yeah I do I guess. I just think its funny that the left attacks the right and then when the right retaliates the left gets all pissed off and downplays everything. makes me laugh and i usually just end up posting some random pictures.:silly:

How is a metro area not part of a state?

you just call me metro?

you ****!! i am ALL MAN!!

they dont call me internet thor for nothing!!

seriously, I dont see this as a big enough deal to get all worked up over and I did just see a thread the other day that pretty much included all of VA, parts of WVA and most of MD as the DC Area. So why would you get so pissed if someone says you arent real VA? maybe he means the parts that ARENT the DC Area. ever think of that?

you just call me metro?

you ****!! i am ALL MAN!!

they dont call me internet thor for nothing!!

seriously, I dont see this as a big enough deal to get all worked up over and I did just see a thread the other day that pretty much included all of VA, parts of WVA and most of MD as the DC Area. So why would you get so pissed if someone says you arent real VA? maybe he means the parts that ARENT the DC Area. ever think of that?

Yeah, I think we refer to it as Southern Virginia? :)

Different does not mean fake. Being the metro area of a city does not mean fake (or, in your case, not all man.)

Poor choice of words. Not cool.

I don't know if that qualifies as bunched panties, but there it is.

Lets be honest, folk, NOVA is different than the rest of Virginia.
Southwest Virginia is also different from the rest of Virginia. The Tidewater region is different from the rest of Virginia. Richmond is different from the rest of Virginia.

Which part is the "real" Virginia?

Yeah, I think we refer to it as Southern Virginia? :)

Different does not mean fake. Being the metro area of a city does not mean fake (or, in your case, not all man.)

Poor choice of words. Not cool.

I don't know if that qualifies as bunched panties, but there it is.

hey man, poor choice of words sums it up perfectly. 57 states, right? ;)

Maybe a better comparison would be the 'clinging to guns and religion' line.

I'm not suggesting that the Obama campaign never says dumb things. :)

no, i think sticking with geography worked fine. one doesnt know how many states there are and the other doesnt know where the stares are period ;)

I owe you a beer for recognizing my namesake! :cheers:

gi gi gi get your ass in the car!!!

leonard washington is my primary chapelle impression i do.

First of all, I think y'better watch your tone son..

My name's Leonard Washington. Where I'm from? A little town called None Of Your Godd**n Business..

You better check ya tone girl, put ya inside voice on. 'Fore I put ya ass outside!

Southwest Virginia is also different from the rest of Virginia. The Tidewater region is different from the rest of Virginia. Richmond is different from the rest of Virginia.

Which part is the "real" Virginia?

The ones that are not left-wing liberal. I live in south central Virginia and believe me, northern Viriginia has very few things in common with the rest of the state. We down here see it as an extension of D.C.

Archived