Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With all these injuries, how do you feel about our idiot receiver draft picks now?

DieHard86

Looks like we could have used some more depth in the secondary, or if not in the secondary, someone on the defensive line to make the secondary's job a little easier. Instead we got three pass catchers who couldn't get in shape, learn the play book, or catch more than one pass every two weeks. Its pathetic.

You can only keep so many players on the roster. We drafted a CB and TWO safeties. How many more defensive backs should they have drafted? We have five corners and five safeties on the roster. We have 9 defensive linemen on the roster. There isn't enough room.

This thread had no thought:doh:

So, if Thomas, Kelly and Davis were contributing regularly, our DB situation would be better?...

Or is it that, if we had drafted more corners and DLinemen we'd be hearing about how stupid it was to go into the season thinking Moss, ARE and Thrash would do just fine, and and that we should have spent some of those draft picks on wide recievers?...

It was a non Gibbs draft. So it was back to old Vinny. Gibbs drafted linebackers and corners. Vinny likes WRs and skilled postions.

Gibbs drafted 6 linebackers. Two made the team. Drafting linebackers is irrelevant if most of them never make the roster.

Gibbs drafted 3 safeties and 1 corner, all of which made the team. Did you ever think that precisely because Gibbs drafted defensive backs that Vinny didn't need to make it a priority this time?

Nice, now all of our receiver draftees are idiots.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

I've stopped being amazed a while ago. This is often the place for posting ridiculous B.S. puked from "backseat Head Coach's" minds and overreactions galore. The easily-frustrated and those prone to pulling their hair out because of idiocy should watch themselves carefully.

I've nearly gone bald and I think I can hear my brain cells screaming. :rolleyes:

Gibbs drafted 6 linebackers. Two made the team. Drafting linebackers is irrelevant if most of them never make the roster.

Gibbs drafted 3 safeties and 1 corner, all of which made the team. Did you ever think that precisely because Gibbs drafted defensive backs that Vinny didn't need to make it a priority this time?

This thread has no place for your kind of logic and common-sense!

Nice, now all of our receiver draftees are idiots.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

how many touchdowns do these 3 have? how many catches? how many games missed because of ouchies? how many first down negating penalties? how many other capable receivers were cut to make room for them?

OK - tell us then how many and who these players were that were cut. Billy McMullen a.k.a. "Mr. Dropsy-Hands"?

wow, you really think McMullen or Mix would have contributed the same or less than Kelly or Thomas? McMullen at least knew where he was supposed to run.

how many touchdowns do these 3 have? how many catches? how many games missed because of ouchies? how many first down negating penalties? how many other capable receivers were cut to make room for them?

Capable? You really believe that Anthony Mix and Billy McMullen were more capable or talented than Kelly or Thomas? :doh:

Look, when we drafted these guys back in April, we went with one guy who had an amazing amount of upside because of his physical ability, but who would also need more time to develop and blossom. That was Devin Thomas. The other guy was someone who was a value pick, a guy who would've ended up being a top first rounder if it wasn't for his knee condition or his crap 40 time. We all predicted that if he stayed healthy, Malcolm would've been making a huge contribution for our team, and he has yet to be healthy.

Thomas, meanwhile, has shown improvements and has made modest contributions, but has shown each game how green he is. Yes I'd be happy as hell if he were setting the NFL on fire, but the truth of the matter is is that rookie WRs in the NFL almost NEVER make a huge impact on a team. That's why you have to be patient with them and give them at least one offseason in the NFL before you can expect major growth. If a guy like Calvin Johnson, hailed as one of the greatest WR prospects to ever come along, doesn't make a real impact on his team in his rookie season, is it really too much of a surprise if a green prospect like Thomas or a hurt player like Kelly don't either?

how does this further the OP's argument? Offense isn't our problem.

I furthered my argument because its about getting value. 3 picks have given us basically nothing. These picks could have been used in the secondary, or if not there, on the defensive line to make life in the secondary a little easier.

Archived